Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad photos on done deal

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,121 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    Very common all over Europe and North America.

They'd make tight turns on roads and gateways a hell of a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Odelay

Could never figure out why they aren’t used more here. The trailer follows the route of the tractor without cutting corners.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX9ZPmQgiZI

Handy also to check the rear lights without getting out of the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Odelay wrote: »
    Could never figure out why they aren’t used more here. The trailer follows the route of the tractor without cutting corners.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iX9ZPmQgiZI

Handy also to check the rear lights without getting out of the cab.

Because they are dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Because they are dangerous.

Then why are they so common in america

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

ganmo wrote: »

Split rims are also common over there. They are death traps too. Most cattle trucks still run that setup here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Split rims are also common over there. They are death traps too. Most cattle trucks still run that setup here.

I think I've seen split rims on an old tanker here too. Serious risk of injury with them if you start messing with them and don't know what you are doing.

America isn't too big on safety things. You can get a bit nervous if you are driving over there when one of their "big rigs" is motoring past you and you realize they don't have the side rails to stop you slipping in under the body (and wheels) of the trailer! You'd take them for granted here.

For other poster wondering:

With a 4-wheel trailer (as in front and back axle, I don't mean tandem) you have two issues.

One is that the weight isn't on the thing towing it, and potentially being the only thing having brakes applied to it.
    Second is that there are two pivot points between where you are sitting and the weight behind you. It can swivel at the hitch and then swivel at the dolly. So if you brake, there is a whole lot more options there for where the trailer will stop, even if your tractor stops dead in one spot. An artic has a dolly too of course, but it is fixed rigid to the body of the truck (99.999999% of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ganmo wrote: »

Farm tractors there seem to mainly have a simple drawbar, almost never our style of pick up hitch.
    Its easier hitching up one of those wagons to a drawbar.
    Helps to have wide open spaces, reversing not so handy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Split rims allow any lad with a sledge and a bar to fit new tyres to a rim, without a tyre changing machine.

Of course, some lads take on to do things they don't understand, and get killed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Split rims allow any lad with a sledge and a bar to fit new tyres to a rim, without a tyre changing machine.

Of course, some lads take on to do things they don't understand, and get killed

That's the issue, but I have seen them blown out under pressure and the ring/rim flying across the sky. I solid hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You'd want something like this pair

9ZHW4vd.jpg

with steering like this on them

and a lot of braking tech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Would you say this yoke is plated for the oul' RSA?

https://www.donedeal.ie/silagetrailers-for-sale/bale-trailer-24ft-long-x-8ft-wide/21167691

Might buy it and invest in a fastrac to pull it and go drawing bales of silage for the Summer. Sure what could go wrong

Have something similar as an exhibition trailer. Dolly front axle. 7m body and 4ft drawbar total of 27ft and the l200 is close to 17ft so 43/44ft.

I’m more than useless reversing it I admit and it’s even difficult going forward in some places but the turning circle of a jeep is not a patch on a tractor

That’s it in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I’d swear I have the same chair at me desk at work :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/21208291 International 685xl

Advertisement