Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amount of misogyny on boards these days is frightening.*Mod instruction in OP*

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Woah, hold back on the misandry there. Just because I'm a man doesn't mean my opinions are worth less.

That bears absolutely no relation to what I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

volchitsa wrote: »
    But that when there is an overall atmosphere of constant verbal aggression along sexist lines, it is more likely that a woman will feel intimidated by that than a man will? (And that includes online aggression, because there have been enough cases of online stalkers becoming RL stalkers for that to be a possibility.)

Why is it more likely a woman would feel intimidated than a man? Everyone is different. There are timid men and timid women.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭volchitsa

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Why is it more likely a woman would feel intimidated than a man? Everyone is different. There are timid men and timid women.

You really can't see why? It's not about being timid, it's about physical strength. It's the same reason old people, male and female, are generally more easily frightened than young adults. If I turn up at a random man's door, I am unlikely to be able to force my way in if he tries to stop me, whereas if a woman tries to hold the door shut against a man, she basically can't. And that's just the start.

And we're done here. There's no need to keep going around in circles.

The mods are currently discussing this issue, we will post a proper response a little later on.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement