Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Pelle for me. Southampton on the up and Leicester side on the slide. Predict at least two goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    It's a very tough choice this week and i think luck is going to play a big part.

Looking at the stats with Aguero, Pelle and ADM in mind...

Leicester haven't shipped more than 2 goals on the road all season, though their form has dipped considerably and from what I saw of the highlights against Swansea, Swansea could easily have scored 3.

2-0 is a reasonable prediction imho and probably conservative, how many of those goals will Pelle bag though? Maybe 2, 1 and an assist or possibly none, they have attacking players all over the pitch banging them in at the moment, they could score 3 and he may not get on the score sheet with other player's scoring form, though i'd expect at least an assist or two.

QPR v City

QPR are a much improved side, everyone expected City to hammer CSKA and everyone for the most part have the same expectations for Saturday. I'm not convinced they will based on their form and the absence of Da Silva. We could see a city backlash and they may run riot, Liverpool scored 3 and Stoke managed 2 goals, but Ferdinand was in the line up on each occasion and they look way more solid without him. They looked well organised against Chelsea. City haven't set the world alight with their away form this season, 4 goals against Hull was the exception and Aguerro only managed to get on the score sheet once.

United v Palace

United have looked promising leading up to the edge of the box but RVP simply isn't doing the business in front of goal atm, apart from thumping QPR 4-0, they haven't managed more than 2 goals in all their home fixtures. Palace have a habit scoring and conceding a lot of goals this season (could be a good game to back for the overs). Against the minnows ADM has been bagging points all season, I expect at least a couple of assists from him.

Cliffs - TLDR

In order of preference (and still as undecided as I was before I wrote out the above.)

On a side note, screw you Ferdinand for opening your mouth on Twitter, it would be have been a no brainer with him in the lineup.

ADM
    Pelle
    Aguerro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    still tempted to take a punt on ADM

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    I'm still undecided, I fear I'm going to look like a SAP by one of Sanchez, Aguero, Pelle and then, what do you do with a problem like Di Maria.

Here's hoping they all hit double digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

ADM, Costa, Aguero or Sanchez!!

I never get it right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    ADM, Costa, Aguero or Sanchez!!

I never get it right...

Let us know who you pick so we can avoid them!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Costa up against Skrtl could be interesting,both love a good grapple on the field & I can see only one winner there.With the current focus on defenders wrestling with strikers in the box there could be 2 or 3 penalties in that game to Chelsea..........Still sticking with Pelle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wayne Rooney (CPL)
    Its a head scratcher alright. have ADM, Sanchez, Costa, and Aguero. Gut said Costa, now thinking ADM, and to make things even more interesting, based on my Squad, FFFix is recommending as my VC, Clyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    zerks wrote: »
    Costa up against Skrtl could be interesting,both love a good grapple on the field & I can see only one winner there.With the current focus on defenders wrestling with strikers in the box there could be 2 or 3 penalties in that game to Chelsea..........Still sticking with Pelle though.

Hazard would be the main beneficiary there. Skrtel did a good job on Costa for Slovakia against Spain however Skrtel in a Liverpool jersey is a disaster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Arbitrary wrote: »
    It's a very tough choice this week and i think luck is going to play a big part.

Leicester haven't shipped more than 2 goals on the road all season, though their form has dipped considerably and from what I saw of the highlights against Swansea, Swansea could easily have scored 3.

2-0 is a reasonable prediction imho and probably conservative, how many of those goals will Pelle bag though? Maybe 2, 1 and an assist or possibly none, they have attacking players all over the pitch banging them in at the moment, they could score 3 and he may not get on the score sheet with other player's scoring form, though i'd expect at least an assist or two.

QPR v City

QPR are a much improved side, everyone expected City to hammer CSKA and everyone for the most part have the same expectations for Saturday. I'm not convinced they will based on their form and the absence of Da Silva. We could see a city backlash and they may run riot, Liverpool scored 3 and Stoke managed 2 goals, but Ferdinand was in the line up on each occasion and they look way more solid without him. They looked well organised against Chelsea. City haven't set the world alight with their away form this season, 4 goals against Hull was the exception and Aguerro only managed to get on the score sheet once.

United v Palace

United have looked promising leading up to the edge of the box but RVP simply isn't doing the business in front of goal atm, apart from thumping QPR 4-0, they haven't managed more than 2 goals in all their home fixtures. Palace have a habit scoring and conceding a lot of goals this season (could be a good game to back for the overs). Against the minnows ADM has been bagging points all season, I expect at least a couple of assists from him.

Cliffs - TLDR

In order of preference (and still as undecided as I was before I wrote out the above.)

On a side note, screw you Ferdinand for opening your mouth on Twitter, it would be have been a no brainer with him in the lineup.

ADM
    Pelle
    Aguerro

Please post here more often. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Its a head scratcher alright. have ADM, Sanchez, Costa, and Aguero. Gut said Costa, now thinking ADM, and to make things even more interesting, based on my Squad, FFFix is recommending as my VC, Clyne.

The Differential FPL app is recommending Pelle as the best of the top candidates. This is the first time I've actually looked at its projected points so I might keep an eye on it in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Ferdinand didn't actually play v Liverpool btw, so that's one aspect to eliminate from your equation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Angel Di Maria (CPL)

QPR v City

United v Palace

Cliffs - TLDR

ADM
    Pelle
    Aguerro

Great post.

The only flaw I'd see in that analysis is that while City not been 'setting the world alight' away admittedly, they have 2 wins, 2 draws and the defeat at West Ham. In those 5 games Aguero has scored in all but the West Ham game, picking up 5 bonus in the process. Aguero has been getting great returns away in other words, only failing to score at West Ham. He has 6 goals in 5 games at the Ethiad but 4 in one game v Spurs, blanking twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Angel Di Maria (CPL)

QPR v City

.... Liverpool scored 3 and Stoke managed 2 goals, but Ferdinand was in the line up on each occasion and they look way more solid without him....

Small point of order :p....Ferdinand didnt play aginst Liverpool. But you're right, they're better without him. Plus the fact they now have a recognised left back (Yun) playing instead of clint hill!!! Going back to a flat back 4 has suited them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I . Just. Don't. Know.

City are really struggling with their results but Aguero can still score regardless.

Pelle has the form and the fixture to get a hattrick.

I'm strongly considering Pelle...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    I'm torn between ADM, Pelle, and Aguero. It's on Pelle at the moment and I'm leaning towards settling on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Anyone have goalscorer odds for Aguero and Pelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Anyone have goalscorer odds for Aguero and Pelle?

Aguero 8/13 pelle 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Diego Costa (liv)
    qwabercd wrote: »
    Aguero 8/13 pelle 6/5

Rooney if ya have it handy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    km79 wrote: »
    Rooney if ya have it handy ?

Rooney 10/11 with Powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    ****! Spot on lads, one or two errors/things not clear there, long day working and I was glancing over fixtures on soccerway.

When I say city haven't been setting the world alight, I mean finding free scoring form, on average they've been scoring 2 goals per game on the road, with the exception of that Hull game, and yes Aguerro does tends to be on the score sheet.

I'm still worried about not picking Aguerro, it will be a horrible sweat if i give the armband to Pelle or ADM.

Also, something I failed to mention with ADM, is LVG's habit of subbing him around the 70' mark, he could exit the pitch early if the game is all but sewn up, United haven't had this luxury too often this season. I expect Palace will score at OT, which should offset some of the risk of this happening. One thing is for sure, I'm going to take a punt on BTTS+o 2.5 for this fixture. :)

It's Captain crunch time, I'll post back later with my final decision, still so hesitant with each choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Aguero for me. In top form and fully fit. City have been uninspiring but still scoring relatively freely. Silva is a big loss but I'd still fancy them to put a few past QPR who have the worst defensive record in the league.

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    Having read the FFS article on captain sensible, i think I'm decided on Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Dónal wrote: »
    Having read the FFS article on captain sensible, i think I'm decided on Aguero.

It made up my mind also.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Diego Costa (liv)
    FHFC wrote: »
    It made up my mind also.

who did they pick last week?
    Costa ......?

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    km79 wrote: »
    who did they pick last week?
    Costa ......?

Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    FHFC wrote: »
    It made up my mind also.

Very uninspiring choice from you. The only way you'll push forward from your lofty position this week is to put it on someone unexpected ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Diego Costa (liv)
    In games played following Champions League games so far(3), Man City have managed 4 goals(1.33 p/game), 1 being scored by Aguero. Those matches were Chelsea(H), and Villa and West Ham(A)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Angel Di Maria (CPL)
    Voted for Aguero at the poll - but I am also considering Pelle.
    Decisions. decisions. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dusan Tadic (LEI)
    Putting my faith in Pelle this week, don't let me down Graziano.

Advertisement