Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Year Life Plan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

People plan, God laughs..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

SMJSF wrote: »
    What is everyone's 5 year (or more) plan for your future?

Everyone's? Well I don't fall into the everyone category. Life and plans usually don't interact very well. And working in my business I've seen a lot of death, tragedy & illness, to realise life is just way too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I hope to lay low until this all blows over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I have one now, but I'm in my forties.

It mainly revolves around ensuring I have a happy and fulfilled life in the future aka the long term rather than living in the present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Defrost the freezer at some point in the next five years.

or...

Step 1: Come up with good idea
    Step 2: ?????????????????
    Step 3: Earn millions
    Step 4: Hire someone to defrost the freezer for me :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

1. Married
    2. Own a piglet
    3. Build our dream house
    4. Get my piglet a little sister piglet
    5. Own a Louis Vuitton bag
    6. That my dogs and pigs will live a happy life

I think I'll be pretty content

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

1. Wait for Euromillions jackpot to hit 190,000,000 again.
    2. Buy euromillions ticket
    3. Assume inept shop hasn't sold me a faulty ticket like they did last time
    4. Retire to drink myself to death

Alternatively, skip the first three steps and just proceed as already planned with step 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sell up the house and the land and move away somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Sell up the house and the land and move away somewhere.

One of the Pirate Bay lads was nicked this week moving between Laos and Thailand. He had €115,000 in an a/c out there. I reckon with a firesale I could quadruple that easily. I'm giving it serious thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In 5yrs time the kids will all be at school and I will have the house to myself during the day.

Peace and quiet.

• Advertisement

I myself would like to eventually get a proper full time job in the area I will be qualified in, get my first car, after a few years to move far - far away from Dublin - or out of Ireland all together, and to start fresh in life!

What's yours? :)

About 8 or 9 years ago I stopped making long term plans. They always fell apart or I was too lazy to implement them. Instead I started focusing on short term goals. Sometimes measurable in hours or days. But they were short term goals that would build on themselves or towards other short term goals.

The result is - nearly a decade later - I have reached a point in my life physically - mentally - emotionally - socially - ethically - that is beyond any expectation I had for myself at any point in my life before.

Wouldn't work for everyone of course - some people NEED those long term targets. But just thought I would throw it in here for balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i just have now. so i live in the minute;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Collectivize household labour and move objectors to a prison camp in the mountains while ruthlessly purging internal opposition.

Ah wait, you didn't mean that kind of five year plan, did you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Im working on a great project setting up a MNC in Ireland at the minute. Hopefully it will be a success in 5 years but we will need to find lots of new business as our core business is not that strong I feel. Doing a degree aswell and want to finish that and get my ACCA exams done.

When all this is done I'm leaving Ireland for pastures new for a couple of years at least. Most likely Canada and try and get a professional job there. The state of politics here and contempt shown towards the working people that drive the economy has me disillusioned although I would like to play a part in cleaning up Irish politics at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

1. Married
    2. Own a piglet
    3. Build our dream house
    4. Get my piglet a little sister piglet
    5. Own a Louis Vuitton bag
    6. That my dogs and pigs will live a happy life

I think I'll be pretty content

I don't have a plan but if I did, this would pretty much be it- with a couple of tiny tweaks.

Step 1 - Doesn't hold any appeal, just seems a meaningless throwback custom to me. Means nothing in any true sense of the word, it's just an accounting exercise really.
    Steps 2 - 4 - Would actually be my dream life! Who doesn't love piggies!:D
    Step 5 - Meh, one bag is much like another no? But sure whatever floats your boat.
    Step 6 - Of course they will!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The pig thing is a fine idea. A pet you can cuddle and eat. What's not to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A dog! When we move house next year and one of us get a car sorted a dog is on the list.

I want a canine pal that I can have adventures and solve mysteries with. We could release childrens books!

Puggles & Duggy solve the mystery of the missing pack of Jaffa Cakes
    "Gosh Puggles, this mystery sure is a head-scrather, huh?" Duggy mentioned to his loyal buddy, but Puggles just stared back at him as he didn't understand the concept of the question as he doesn't understand English............primarily because he's a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I think most of us are too guilty of fantasizing about the future or reminiscing about the past to actually enjoy this present moment. Which in reality, is all we can assume we have.

'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans', and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yez Komrade, I have 5 year plan. But I've already accomplished everything even before I make plan. So I award myself 100 medal of valour for brilliant success.

In Soviet Russia, you don't make 5 year plans. 5 year plans make you.
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

"Gosh Puggles, this mystery sure is a head-scrather, huh?" Duggy
    mentioned to his loyal buddy, but Puggles just stared back at him as he didn't
    understand the concept of the question as he doesn't understand
    English............primarily because he's a dog.

Puggles stared in exasperation and disbelief, his hungry pleas had recently been coldly and cruelly ignored as duggy ate the Jaffa cakes all by himself
    "Do you think I'm an idiot" thought puggles, "I seen you, you refused to share you fat twat, you'll be sorry buddy, I'm off to piss on your pillow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

My garden will look a lot better, the hedge will have filled in nicely and be about a foot taller. My trees should all be about 3 foot taller or more.

Hopefully I'll have run 4 Marathons and 6 or 8 halves by that time as well as 6ish triathlons.

I suppose there could be another child in the house and the mortgages will be a lot smaller.

I'll have a Diploma from College and possibly be going for my degree.

That's about it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Too Stalin like for me.

Shut up and shovel more coal.

Onwards, upwards, to glorious Mother Russia!!!

Advertisement