Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crisps - What's your favourite?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Hunky Dory's went meh about 10 years back. They started making them skinnier and put less flavorings on them, although the same can be said for alot of the brands these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Walkers are an absolute abomination. I cannot understand why people like them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Walkers Prawn Cocktail for me. Actually any prawn cocktail. Or smokey bacon. Or Bacon Fries... ah feck it. I love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

Walkers are an absolute abomination. I cannot understand why people like them.

Lays bbq flavor ,American crisps that you can sometimes get in polish shops.... They have a garlic and onion flavor too... Tasty!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Light-weights! I remember Perri Crisps in a grease-proof paper bag which would inevitably dissolve following contact with saliva-soaked fingers. You'd be lucky to finish the crisps before the bag disintegrated. Now, those WERE the days, my friends...

Those crisps were mank. Don't try and pull the old card.

Walkers ready salted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I don't know what Doritos are made from, and I'm probably better off not knowing, but they have no place in a discussion about crisps, or in a "favourite crisps that I love more than anything, even my family and pets" poll, for that matter. Let us return to a serious discussion of potato crisps forthwith!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Tayto Ripples Sour Cream & Onion Flavour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Cheesy puffs, especially Wotsits. Just melt in the mouth, not much crunching going on which is good.

O'Donnells Cheese and Onion are Devine. I've recently discovered their barbecue favour. Absolutely gorgeous too.

Making me want to run out to the shop in my pjs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Are they still around? I bloody love those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I like the polish crisps - I think they're Lays aswel? Paprika flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Keoghs Sweet Chilli and Irish Red Pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

This is too hard, I love crisps or crips as I call them. O'Donnells salt n vinegar, anything salt n vinegar, Sensations caramelised onion and balsamic vinegar, tayto bacon fries, spar bacon fries, those salt n vinegar twists that tesco or M & S do, tesco prawn cocktail is a really good skips rip-off, doritos sweet chilli, pombears!

One of the cats is the same as me, mad about crisps, she can hear you open a crisp packet a mile away and suddenly appears out of nowhere with the death stare. Regret ever letting her have a taste, any kind of rustle sets off her crisp radar now, the sound of her crunching them is so cute though. The other cat just looks on confused but still jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭major deegan

Yeah damn tasty

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tayto Prawn Cocktail are quite nice.

Wish Hunky Dory's Worcester Sauce crinkle cut crisps were still available (tasted very close to how I remembered Farmer Browns version to be, in olden times). Walkers effort with Worcester Sauce crisps is lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

--LOS-- wrote: »
    This is too hard, I love crisps or crips as I call them. O'Donnells salt n vinegar, anything salt n vinegar, Sensations caramelised onion and balsamic vinegar, tayto bacon fries, spar bacon fries, those salt n vinegar twists that tesco or M & S do, tesco prawn cocktail is a really good skips rip-off, doritos sweet chilli, pombears!

One of the cats is the same as me, mad about crisps, she can hear you open a crisp packet a mile away and suddenly appears out of nowhere with the death stare. Regret ever letting her have a taste, any kind of rustle sets off her crisp radar now, the sound of her crunching them is so cute though. The other cat just looks on confused but still jealous.

Our dog is like that with sweets. You have to open them in another room. She still knows though and then there's "the guilt" :D

I'm surprised Walkers is doing so well! Better than King :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Kettle sour cream and onion.
    Keoghs sour cream and shamrock.
    Walkers baked sour cream and chive when I'm being healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

--LOS-- wrote: »

Sorry I had to laugh. I just noticed that you're the moderator of the vegan and vegetarian forum but you eat bacon fries and prawn cocktail flavour crisps. Maybe you're not a vegetarian but I got a good chuckle out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

'The death stare', lol.

Makes me think of those videos with nom nom cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Those new walkers melted cheese and bacon pops are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

King Gold Cheese and Onion, best crisps I've tried in a long time. Difficult enough to find though..

Also "impartial" to crisps - didn't realise crisp eating could be so diplomatic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Sorry I had to laugh. I just noticed that you're the moderator of the vegan and vegetarian forum but you eat bacon fries and prawn cocktail flavour crisps. Maybe you're not a vegetarian but I got a good chuckle out of it :D

Lol I was gona mention that, those are all vegan, surprisingly a lot of the meaty flavours are more likely to be vegan. Most crisps are vegetarian, it's usually milk in the ingredients that makes them non-vegan. Probably the only time bacon or prawn is mentioned in the house all right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just had a packet of C+O from a multi pack, not nearly enough in it :(

byte

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Just had a packet of C+O from a multi pack, not nearly enough in it :(
    Aye, multipacks are smaller, unfortunately. Usually bags are around 25g whereas bags bought seperately are usually between 35g and 50g.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Tayto pickled onion or Wuster sauce :D.
    Pickled onion Monster Munch.
    Wotsits - either cheese or Flamin' Hot.
    Chilli Heatwave Doritos.
    Roysters T-Bone steak.
    Walkers Sensations Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Like Keoghs Sweet Chili and Irish Red Pepper. Am not normally adventerous with crisps but love these. Shout out for Pom Bear as well.

byte

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Tayto pickled onion or Wuster sauce :D.
    Pickled onion Monster Munch.
    Wotsits - either cheese or Flamin' Hot.
    Chilli Heatwave Doritos.
    Roysters T-Bone steak.
    Walkers Sensations Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle.
    There is Tayto Wuster Sauce? :eek:

EDIT: Ah, you mean Northern Ireland Tayto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

byte wrote: »
    There is Tayto Wuster Sauce? :eek:

EDIT: Ah, you mean Northern Ireland Tayto?

Yeah, I do. Sorry for getting your hopes up lol :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Crusty Croc, despite the name, are divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

O'Donnell's C&O & Hunky Dorys Buffalo are would currently vie for my favourite. Have also been very impressed with Tesco's own brand S&V (not the standard "everyday value" ones, think they're labelled as hand cut or something similar). Seriously good value at €1.39 for a large bag & as good as many of the premium brands imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Horny Donkey's or King

Advertisement