Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty Waterfront 10K, HM, Marathon 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

<mod>As always, no number swaps allowed, unless specifically allowed by the organisers - in which case please inform the mods first</mod>

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trevster

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone did the 10k here last year? I asked on their FB page and they said 'only one hill'. True or false?! Just want to give a 10k a good lash before Marathon training begins but hate hilly courses in general. Hills are for training!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Trevster wrote: »
    Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone did the 10k here last year? I asked on their FB page and they said 'only one hill'. True or false?! Just want to give a 10k a good lash before Marathon training begins but hate hilly courses in general. Hills are for training!

Here is a course profile, there are two hills. The one near Inchydoney hotel is very sharp

http://connect.garmin.com/course/8123359

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

viperlogic wrote: »
    Here is a course profile, there are two hills. The one near Inchydoney hotel is very sharp

http://connect.garmin.com/course/8123359

Looking at the map, the turn around point comes before the worst of that hill though

Looks like they may stagger the starts after all

clon%20letter%20550%202.jpg

Was thinking about this while out running last night. It will be a potential disaster if they stagger the races by 5 mins as it would mean faster runners will have to deal with some serious traffic.

If they need to stagger them then I think waves of similar pace would be better eg wave 1 of sub 3 hr marathon, sub 1:30 half and sub 43 10K

but in saying that you will always get a few walkers/joggers with nipple to the ticker tape!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Race number arrived

Fcuking bring it Clon! \0/

Anyone know if the course is marked in K or Miles or both and also for each of the three races? They are not responding to emails anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Deere6850

Anyone know if the course is marked in K or Miles or both and also for each of the three races? They are not responding to emails anymore!

Passed Through Clon during the week and the distances for the marathon and half marathon were up in miles, not sure about the 10k

Just picked up my number, lucky my number was there. Not all numbers have arrived!! Madness

It's doesn't stop there. During registration you had option to personalise your bib with your name. Guess what, no name on bib!

The tech top is nice but tighter than other tech tops from previous races. Plus there is no option of changing size until after race tomorrow.

Lastly, the car park tomorrow is enclosed by the course. So how I'm going to leave after my 10K will be interesting

End of rant!

Just noticed the writing on the sleeve on the tech top is up-side-down for everyone looking at it bar the person wearing it. As a sponsor I wouldn't be too please with that!

• Advertisement

Deere6850 wrote: »
    Passed Through Clon during the week and the distances for the marathon and half marathon were up in miles, not sure about the 10k

I drove out the course after collecting my number, 10k is marked in km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Original results Here on Precision Timing website. Also on here on Cork Athletics (Cork AAI) website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Hope all had a good run. A bit of info regarding the results.

Both Gary and Sergiu sent the wrong way, adding roughly a mile. Gary went through the marathon distance in 2.23:04 and Sergiu going though the half marathon distance in 69 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Both Gary and Sergiu sent the wrong way, adding roughly a mile.

Groan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

eliwallach wrote: »
    Groan.....

Partly guessed there would be a monumental f**k up today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Both Gary and Sergiu sent the wrong way, adding roughly a mile. Gary went through the marathon distance in 2.23:04 and Sergiu going though the half marathon distance in 69 minutes.
    those dam marshalls at it again.....they'll be disgusted and apologise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I was happy enough with my time of 4:08, it's a PB.

But damn those 2 sharp hills at Inchydony! Damn them to hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

ultraman1 wrote: »
    those dam marshalls at it again.....they'll be disgusted and apologise

I already have my excuse lined up for February! :)........haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I already have my excuse lined up for February! :)........haha

No such thing would occur at the Donadea 50k(name down for volunteering to!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

James Grufferty too....really for €50 this sort of fcuk up should not happen.

• Advertisement

I've put a small race report here in my training log.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057204668&page=14

Early bird now open for 2015....Full €55, half €45 and 10K €25 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Early bird now open for 2015....Full €55, half €45 and 10K €25 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They're gas !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Lads, I did a Half in lovely, sunny Denia last Easter time. Might do it again this year if we're around the area - halfway between Alicante and Valencia. A tenner!!! No hassle, no crap, no wrong turns, no potholes.

A simple, well-run club Half (and quarter!). Some of the crap I've seen in reports about Irish road races isn't funny. Even the recent lauded Waterford half, turns out it had a stretch where the road surface was shocking.

I know not everyone can travel, especially not for a Half, but if anyone is looking for PB course material, I can recommend both these races: End June, Trier Half and End September super fast Route du Vin Half in Remich, Luxembourg. The last mentioned has sub 60 minutes runners (ok, by a few seconds, but hey!) and would be perfect for the speed merchants here.

Advertisement