Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advanced Warfare - Sunshine and lollipops/Haters gonna hate

• 03-11-2014 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭

Well - what are your views now that you have played it?
    Is it the next step CoD desperately needed or has it ruined CoD forever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Well, mine is crashing on the opening video when the two marines are talking. Anyone else???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Downloading in my parents (who have a better ineternet connection than me!) then heading home to try it out.

Hows it running for people on your PCs? Here's my laptop spec:

Geforce GTX770M
    Intel i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
    16GB Ram

It ran the last COD quite well at high settings, not sure how it will run Advanced warfare though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Downloading in my parents (who have a better ineternet connection than me!) then heading home to try it out.

Hows it running for people on your PCs? Here's my laptop spec:

Geforce GTX770M
    Intel i7-4700MQ @ 2.4GHz
    16GB Ram

It ran the last COD quite well at high settings, not sure how it will run Advanced warfare though
    It's 45gb ya do no that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Well, mine is crashing on the opening video when the two marines are talking. Anyone else???

Yep. Mine is the same. Any idea what's the problem?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone else have issues with xbl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

FutureGuy wrote: »

Download is taking ages to complete for me. Been downloading since last night.

Have enough downloaded to start playing however.

wes wrote: »
    Download is taking ages to complete for me. Been downloading since last night.

Have enough downloaded to start playing however.

Same as that left it on last night only at 35% ffs
    I have a decent fiber connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,128 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just downloaded now, played one game of DOM. Nearly got a semi when I noticed the noises from MW2 for selecting guns etc

The game itself played well, solid enough hit markers, will be on later.. maybe get the old team back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

FutureGuy wrote: »

party chat and game chat both acting up for me. NAT says moderate even though the console says open.

initial impressions are very positive. maps are distinctive and varied.

party chat and game chat both acting up for me. NAT says moderate even though the console says open.

initial impressions are very positive. maps are distinctive and varied.

I have the other problem console says moderate game says open don't no what one it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

naughto wrote: »
    I have the other problem console says moderate game says open don't no what one it is

I'm inclined to go with the console, I dont have any problem with any other games and Advanced warfare is the only game i have that actually refers to your NAT type on the main screen.

Mine took an age to download as well, nearly a whole 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Akimbo machine guns, you say? I wonder what pervert would be interested in that?

Cossax wrote: »
    Akimbo machine guns, you say? I wonder what pervert would be interested in that?

Lol'd at that one.

Must try that pic I posted of "him" with akimbo LMG's ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Prob a stupid question but are the online modes fun to play even if you dont have many COD players on your friend list? I would be joining games with randomers mostly? Have only really played COD campaign modes before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Prob a stupid question but are the online modes fun to play even if you dont have many COD players on your friend list? I would be joining games with randomers mostly? Have only really played COD campaign modes before.

It's definitely better with people on your friends list who are using mics

That said though it's still grand on your own just as long as you stick to Free for all, TDM and maybe Search and Destroy

Thanks! Im pn PS4 gamertag markcahill1985 if people would like to add me, would love to get involved, cheers

Thanks! Im pn PS4 gamertag markcahill1985 if people would like to add me, would love to get involved, cheers

New people actually starting to, once again, join in playing online CoD..

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I really want to play :(

• Advertisement

Played a few games with the lads here last night on the 360. Spawning and lag a little bit of an issue. I don't know if the lag will be an issue with the xbox one or not (I heard they have dedicated servers).

Nevertheless, its always much better playing online with other people you know (so you can blame them when ye lose ;) )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Do many of ye have it for the 360 or is everyone heading down the Xbox One route? I don't want to shell out the €60 and have no one to play with #foreveralone :(

everlast75 wrote: »
    Played a few games with the lads here last night on the 360. Spawning and lag a little bit of an issue. I don't know if the lag will be an issue with the xbox one or not (I heard they have dedicated servers).

Nevertheless, its always much better playing online with other people you know (so you can blame them when ye lose ;) )

No dedicated servers it goes on who has the best connection as far as I no.it was unplayable last night

Do many of ye have it for the 360 or is everyone heading down the Xbox One route? I don't want to shell out the €60 and have no one to play with #foreveralone :(

Myself, X, eamon, serisand, and I think Furious have it.

Ghandi has it for the xbox one, as does myself and X.

You can get it cheaper than 60e I think (some people saying 45e at Supervalu)

If people have both consoles, you can download it to the 360 and get a free upgrade to the One valid until March I believe...

everlast75 wrote: »
    Myself, X, eamon, serisand, and I think Furious have it.

Ghandi has it for the xbox one, as does myself and X.

You can get it cheaper than 60e I think (some people saying 45e at Supervalu)

If people have both consoles, you can download it to the 360 and get a free upgrade to the One valid until March I believe...

This is a tempting part. I'm really trying to talk myself into getting it at the end of the month!

This is a tempting part. I'm really trying to talk myself into getting it at the end of the month!

Worked on me ;)

PLUS all your stats etc carry over, so that was the clincher for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

Picked this up and played it for a couple of hours last night, got a great sense of enjoyment out of playing it but I was in a lobby by myself and would rather have been part of a team. Anybody wants to play add me on PSN IrishFeeney92.

Im stuck in between two minds about the double jump thing....:S

there is a lobby for no exo suits... thinking of giving that a try myself so I can get used to the maps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm getting used to the boost jump now, mixing it up with the dash as well in mid air when I need to cover ground fast. Gives a great pace to the online.

If you have even the slightest inclination to get an Xbone soon then you'd be mad not to get the download-Free upgrade deal

To add to Everlast's list, Moldy has it too

I'll have to wait till payday to pick it up. The missus was over just this weekend. She's gone now and so is most of my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I'll have to wait till payday to pick it up. The missus was over just this weekend. She's gone now and so is most of my money.

Stop being a kersplat and just get it.

Stop being a kersplat and just get it.

I honestly would have got it but my Xbox live sub renewed for €60 that I was planning on using for the game.

It'll have to wait a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Definitely activating this feature this evening....

PSN markcahill1985 - add me away please - looking to get involved in some online games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

x43r0 wrote: »
    If you have even the slightest inclination to get an Xbone soon then you'd be mad not to get the download-Free upgrade deal

To add to Everlast's list, Moldy has it too

I too have it but I'm in Poland until Friday so can't play. :(

Makaveli wrote: »
    I too have it but I'm in Poland until Friday so can't play. :(

[] Women
    [] Cheap Beer
    [] Work
    [] All of the above

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

[] Women
    [] Cheap Beer
    [X] Work
    [] All of the above

??

Unfortunately, so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

First impressions is that I'm getting too old for cod but it does play well.

Shammy wrote: »
    First impressions is that I'm getting too old for cod but it does play well.

Blast from the past. Welcome back, former lord! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I have it on 360 if anyone can add me for online games that would be great. on most evenings - seartundra78

Liking this at the moment one map I cant stand is ascend. Also finding lag can be atrocious in some games. Added the trophy and rockets to the goliath and its fun to use in dom and HP

heroics wrote: »
    I have it on 360 if anyone can add me for online games that would be great. on most evenings - seartundra78

Liking this at the moment one map I cant stand is ascend. Also finding lag can be atrocious in some games. Added the trophy and rockets to the goliath and its fun to use in dom and HP
    Add the lads on the gamer tag thread. I'm moldythree248

Add the lads on the gamer tag thread. I'm moldythree248

Mine's x43r0 vii

We're on most nights

Eiresol, eamonn, serdisand, cossax are the other regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Any of you lads having a problem connecting? On PS4 and it's been brutal ever since the proper release

Any of you lads having a problem connecting? On PS4 and it's been brutal ever since the proper release

Been fine for me on the 360

Been fine for me on the 360

Donno what's up with it. Keeps coming back COD services are not available at min. Then even if it eventually connects it's wont join any games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement