Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a nice way to wake up every day...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Change your routine, go to bed nice and early, get up at 6:45 every morning and it won't bother you any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sounds like a post nasal drip. Neighbour needs to go to doctor about infection and possibly loose weight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Tell the authorities you think he has Ebola and get him quarantined for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Maybe you could call....The A-Team

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Metallica CD on loop and sound up and sleep somewhere else a few nights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Set your alarm for 06.50.

Then stick on a good set of headphones and listen your favourite music to drown out his coughing noise for however long it ususally lasts.

Then, go back to sleep for an hour or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

TheBrinch wrote: »
    1) Obtain vast supply of illegal drugs
    2) Plant those drugs in his house when he goes to work.
    3) Call the guards saying there is a drug dealer living next to you.
    4) Sleep like a baby
    Dancor wrote: »
    Tell the authorities you think he has Ebola and get him quarantined for a few days.

These two are 100% the best options OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Being woke at 7am a problem? Shure, you'll finish college soon and have to get a job and you'll no longer need to worry about being a sleepyhead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Could be someone with cystic fibrosis. I bet they don't love waking up with lungs like that everyday, but they have to clear their airway somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I've known several people that do this every morning. Fairly gross alright. Here's a couple of expensive an VERY expensive options (hey Christmas is coming up) from Firebox.

SleepPhones.
    Aura SmartSleep System.

Now I'm not sure right, but I think it may be possible to have that smart sleep system train your brain into going into deep sleep mode right when the neighbour starts. It's not cheap and it might not work but if you've got some disposable income it could be an option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

7am is very late to be lounging in bed anyway. Do you not work OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Get up at 6:45 ahead of your noisy neighbour and switch your radio on really loud. They might realise then how thin the walls are and go to their bathroom to cough/clear their lungs. If they do t take the hint continue to get up earlier and he out of your room when the coughing starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just don't go asleep.

Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

JimJar wrote: »
    I meant to mention that I have bought earplugs but its actually so loud they're pointless

Can you return them for pointed ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The very man I was thinking about when I read the OP.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 KVA60

I used to wake up the same way, either coughing (7am) snoring (11pm etc) , and singing (9am weekends). Guy had a bit of a weird schedule but was a lovely old man. In the end I just had to get earplugs, I know you said you've tried them but try the wax ones. The silicone ones never worked for me. Or try a white noise app if you have a smart phone.

Advertisement