Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone else experienced Aviva's new Way to retain Customers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

tipperary wrote: »
    OP, have you tried going onto the Aviva website and getting a new quote? Worked for me last year.

My Aviva renewal was due last month. I got a call from them c.two weeks before the renewal date asking if I was 'happy' with my renewal quote. I said I wasnt, so after a bit of waffle he knocked a bit more off the price. I said leave it with me. I priced around and got slightly better prices.

I then went onto Aviva's website as a 'new' customer...and hey presto I saved €100 off the renewal quote!

Isnt it amazing how they will 'bend over backwards' for new customers and yet treat existing customers like c#@p!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Contrails

Silvera wrote: »
    Isnt it amazing how they will 'bend over backwards' for new customers and yet treat existing customers like c#@p!?!

I'm due for renewal with this crowd soon. The woman at the call centre was great to be fair. She basically "mentioned" lots of people getting lousy renewal quotes are logging in as new customers to get a better deal. However she wouldn't say it was technically legit.

Did you have any hassle? Like if i send in my no claims bonus proof as a new customer but there' a big Aviva logo on it they're not gonna politely tell where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭jack of all

I always price around at renewal time every year for the two cars in our household and rarely ever stay with the same insurer as they invariably jack up the premium regardless of your claim-free history. This year, for the first time I've renewed both car policies with Aviva again and with a little haggling over the phone I was able to knock another €30- 50 of each policy, just by asking, so I was pretty happy! I am always amazed that a lot of people stick with their current insurer, despite a hefty premium increase. You have to price around, it's a nuisance and takes a little time but it's time well spent especially if there's a significant saving to be made. But all policies are not equal (as pointed out by a previous poster) and you've got to compare like with like.

Advertisement