Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone give Paddy Cosgrave a national award

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What was Eva Longoria doing all over the event this year btw? Does she run a tech company these days or summat?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yurt! wrote: »
    What was Eva Longoria doing all over the event this year btw? Does she run a tech company these days or summat?

I dunno but she's probably done more for Irish tourism in 3 days than Failte Ireland could do in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think she was looking for Tayto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Shot himself in the foot PR wise with the Trinity 1.1 nonsense a few months back.

He didn't though. He said something that was true, but not what most people wanted to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

He didn't though. He said something that was true, but not what most people wanted to hear.

You'll probably say this a chip on my shoulder talking but I've worked with Trinity grads that I wouldn't trust to boil an egg correctly. Talent comes from everywhere, even from people with out degrees. Someone who runs a large organization like the Summit should be wise enough to recognize that, not arbitrary policies that favour their alma mater. Rankings and University prestige are not reliable indicators on the quality of candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

Johntm wrote: »
    Thats a nice amount alright for the 3 days you'd want a very good interest in the tech scene.

Did you come across any start-ups that wow'd you?

Honestly, I didn't see anything that was totally wow, there were a couple of interesting concepts, but not that I thought "they've totally nailed that" (although I'm sure they thought that).

So many just looking to leverage existing tech to fill gaps "we're the halo of messenger bikes" etc... which is decent concept, but they're not creating something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Z
    Buck stops with PC epic failure on his part if he couldn't get control of a key item

Indeed. If it happened last year and it happened this year its the fault of the conference organisers. He should have gotten a handle on the situation before the conference started.

Very unprofessional to rip into the Venue midway through the conference. Looks bad on everyone. Even if he had his own provider they would essentially have been piggy-backing on the core network of the RDS, its a conference centre not a data centre at the end of the day.

Can WiFi even scale to 22,000 users in such a limited area? And even at that people probably would have multiple devices.

Having attended the conference on two previous occassions I found that in general it was ok. Some of the presentations were outstanding the majority of the rest were very average with some of the attendees walking out mid session.

I see that as more of a concern than a WiFi outage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Where Pied Piper there?

Advertisement