Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Bars

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

The Lord Edward (upstairs and downstairs) - a very atmospheric pub that probably hasn't changed in well over 100 years, and hopefully never will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Marathon/snickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I met me wife in a craft beer pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

chopper6 wrote: »
    Lannigans on Eden Quay. Love the year-round halloween decorations,really cool music and the staff are sound.

And if you hang around late enough you'll catch the cast from whatever show is on the Abbey..

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BrowmThomas

Flannerys, what a spot ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Oscars - Smithfield.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Against the Grain and the like are horrible places to have a drink. Really, cold environment in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

chopper6 wrote: »
    I suppose its ATG I'm talking about really...porterhouse has it's fair share of women but ATG seems to only ever be full of male crusties.

It's bcause ATG smells funny/bad... Apparently the crush all the glass bottles in the basement so the smell drifts up. Anyway, that's why I refuse to drink there (tho I had thought it was the toilets or drains)

Oh and my favourite pub is without a doubt The Headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭cson

ATG kicked us out for singing the Auld Triangle at ~1am one night during the summer there. I've swerved GBB pubs as much as possible as a result. No warning; just straight out the door for the heinous crime of singing an Irish ballad in an Irish pub. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

cson wrote: »
    ATG kicked us out for singing the Auld Triangle at ~1am one night during the summer there. I've swerved GBB pubs as much as possible as a result. No warning; just straight out the door for the heinous crime of singing an Irish ballad in an Irish pub. :rolleyes:

Proper order

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I got kicked out of Vaughan's in terenure for singing fairy tale of new York with my gf on Christmas eve.

Sour,mouldy old feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

pkvader wrote: »
    Slight hijack,theres a gang of us going to a gig in the academy in a couple of weeks,any recommendations on a late bar for after?, some where lively close bye? (Sunday night),thanks.

Pygmalion is always hopping on a Sunday night and they have 40% off all drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

washman3 wrote: »
    Is the Confession Box still in operation. Enjoyed it many years ago...

Passed by on Halloween its still open,I also popped me head into brannigans the same day,dead as a doornail (lunchtime) didn't stay for a drink. T'was a great little bar once,real shame to see it dying on its arse

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Burkie94

I quite enjoy The Living Room on Cathal Brugha St, good auld selection of beers and I like whatever playlist they do have on during the week, on a Friday/Saturday I think they get some DJ in and it's not as enjoyable, can't have a chat! Great for sports as well, screens everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Why should anyone have to listen to you singing when they're trying to enjoy a drink and a chat with their friends?

Are you sure it wasn't just closing time anyway? I didn't think ATG had a late licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

top few as there's too many to pick from :P

Brew dock
    Sober Lane
    Cassidys
    Sweenys

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Cassidy's or Ryan's of Camden Street for me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Turpentine wrote: »
    Why should anyone have to listen to you singing when they're trying to enjoy a drink and a chat with their friends?

Are you sure it wasn't just closing time anyway? I didn't think ATG had a late licence.

Yeah usually closes up about 1

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

The Brian Boru, Fagan's, the Gravediggers, the long hall, Kehoe's and the Palace. Don't need anywhere else at this stage in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Against the Grain and the like are horrible places to have a drink. Really, cold environment in them.

Have to agree. It's a pity as the beer choice is interesting.

But the choice of bar is such a personal thing. The likes of Sweeny's for example - you can't hear yourself think in there, it's so god awfully loud. Anywhere with background music I give a miss.

Probably an age thing. Neary's/Long Hall/Stag's Head/Library Bar/Palace/Kehoe's are my kind of aul lad joints. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭pkvader

Friday night lively late bars Dublin city centre,any recommendations please?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

I met me wife in a craft beer pub!

I met my wife ,in a bar in Pattaya .Still togeather after 6 years .It was her 8 inch cock that clinched it .;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

My local when i lived in Dublin many moons ago ,was the Red Mindwill ,Phibsborough .Anyone know if its still going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

anto9 wrote: »
    My local when i lived in Dublin many moons ago ,was the Red Mindwill ,Phibsborough .Anyone know if its still going ?

Changed hands recently enough, it's now The Back Page

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anywhere without a telly is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Changed hands recently enough, it's now The Back Page

Nice enough spot too. Pizza is good and they gave a away a ton of free drinks when it opened! I like all the games they have going like the table tennis makes for more of a community feel than most pubs as people aren't only there when they are drinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The Black Sheep and especially ATG are a good mix for me: craft pubs but nice too.

For various reasons, I'm very fond of the following. If some of them had a better selection of beer, they'd be even more perfect:

Dice Bar
    Ryans (Queen Street)
    Bowes
    Grogans
    Stags Head
    O'Briens (Leeson street)
    Long Hall
    Lord Edward (Upstairs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Toast Pub Rathmines Road. The fellas behind the counter are friendly anyway. Nice seating spots for everyone whether extrovert or introvert.

Advertisement