Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The 4 usual tubs are 2 for €10 in tesco

The alleged end date is interesting.

valid from 9/9/2020 until 1/12/2020

They often pull these offers early. I wonder will the supermarkets be doing anything different to get people doing christmas shopping early. There might be nothing forced in law but I could imagine the government might request they do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Those tubs are marginally cheaper in LIDL - iirc €4.90 per tub

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

4.90 each in Dunnes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

they usually drop to about 4euros a tub. 3euro for quality street last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Patsy167 wrote: »

only for prime, works out about €3.90 per regular tub. i.e. 2400g is 3.7x650g tubs

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Iceland are doing a special on the 15th/16th for any two Quality St or Celebrations tubs for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Disappointed Quality Street customers have taken to social media to complain that the selection is lacking a crucial ingredient. "Where are the Chocolate Caramel Brownies?! My 8yr old son is devastated," wrote one. Another customer complained they had been given extra Orange Cremes. The company said that its manufacturing process was adversely affected during lockdown, resulting in a narrower range in some tins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I ordered a personalised tin (€16.50 + €3.50 p&p) of 1kg of my favourite quality Street from http://www.qualitystreet.co.uk and chocolate brownies was definitely an option. Mind you I just went for toffee fingers (and maybe toffee pennies I'm not certain).

Not cheap but still a bargain to me as I only have the ones 1 like!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

these should be banned, so bad for the environment. remember when they were tins and you got to untwist the foil wrapper that was deadly! now its plastic everywhere and cheap as sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is the bargain alerts forum. Their is a forum for climate & environment issues.

Jonesy101 wrote: »
    these should be banned, so bad for the environment. remember when they were tins and you got to untwist the foil wrapper that was deadly! now its plastic everywhere and cheap as sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry3

pigtail33 wrote: »

Thanks for that, wouldn't expect them to ever go any lower than 2 for 8. Heroes, Celebrations, Quality Street and Roses, in that order for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Chemistry3 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, wouldn't expect them to ever go any lower than 2 for 8. Heroes, Celebrations, Quality Street and Roses, in that order for me.

They sometimes hit 3 for €10 somewhere for a couple of days at some stage, usually after I've bought mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

tscul32 wrote: »
    They sometimes hit 3 for €10 somewhere for a couple of days at some stage, usually after I've bought mine.

So when are you buying yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

bromley52 wrote: »
    So when are you buying yours?

I was thinking the day before they go 3 for €10 ☹

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

pigtail33 wrote: »

My dunnes has them €4 each......I was surprised not to see them in the weekly wonders when I saw Tesco's offer, so no idea how long they will be €4 for .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,407 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€3.99 each, caller
    fdGk3oc.png

zell12 wrote: »
    €3.99 each, caller
    fdGk3oc.png

I have picked up 30 tubs so far at the 4 euro mark, they are much too tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I have picked up 30 tubs so far at 4 euro since they are too tempting.

I hope you are joking about buying that many

• Advertisement

I hope you are joking about buying that many

No, my will power must be strong as I have only gone through one of each so far in the past week. If it drops under 4 euro, I will get a load more and share them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've 2 boxes of roses in the garage since last Xmas. The chocolate is awful on these and gets more tasteless every year. I'll be sticking with the lindor balls this year, worth paying the extra.

rob316 wrote: »
    I've 2 boxes of roses in the garage since last Xmas. The chocolate is awful on these and gets more tasteless every year. I'll be sticking with the lindor balls this year, worth paying the extra.

Roses this year have improved and Covid must have forced their hand in that as they're not as sweet and in equal measure. I find I am sure that Quality Street were affected too as they were missing sweets at one stage, but are back to normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Roses this year have improved and Covid must have forced their hand in that as they're not as sweet and in equal measure. I find I am sure that Quality Street were affected too as they were missing sweets at one stage, but are back to normal now.
    Jaysus the Roses were crap last year - still not a great selection this year if you don't like caramel (and I usually love it).

EDIT: Sorry, forgot my main point... Still 4 euro for a box (as in, not Tesco's 2 for 8) in Dunnes.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Lidl offering 2 tubs for €7 from tomorrow (12) until 18th on all four products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anyone know approx how many sweets in a tub? Want to buy few boxes for a gang of kids to share but not sure how many I'll need to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Tesco website has exact weights for each type. Eg Celebrations,
    Portions per pack: ~ 23, Portion size: 27.3g which is probably 3 sweets. So 65 to 70 sweets per tub roughly i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is 2 for €7 as cheap as they’ll get

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is 2 for €7 as cheap as they’ll get

Where is that offer? Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SheroP wrote: »
    Where is that offer? Please

Lidl.

Advertisement