Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Coastal Tour

Options
  • 29-10-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

This yrs Louth coastal tour will take place on Sunday Nov 23rd leaving from the retail pk on the Donore Rd Drogheda at 10.30am..Its a really nice 80km route.
    This yr the charity involved is the Leukemia unit at the Mater Hospital,where someone very young and who is very involved in our sport is currently being treated..Some of you may know of whom I speak.
    Anyway there will be a cuppa and sambo on return.Route will be fully marked out and lead vehicles etc will be in place...Entry e20
    Hope to see some of the usual faces there.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lovely part of the world and I intend to be there, possibly first outing in Velo Club Balrothery gear if it's arrived by then.....
    Great charity as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

In.
    The day before my 25th *ahem cough* birthday so you can count me in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭wav1

bcmf wrote: »
    In.
    The day before my 25th *ahem cough* so you can count me in as well.
    Born in a leap year bcmf?

wav1 wrote: »
    Born in a leap year bcmf?

The leap year wouldn't have me so I had to make up my own date

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

This is a great spin, really well organised.
    Thanks for putting it on again wav1.
    Ill be there.
    I'm sure, the 9.00am Quay Cycles group will be there en masse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Train from Dublin gets to Drogheda at 10:19, might try and get to this

Train Station is less than 10 minutes from the start. No bother to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I will be doing this again all going well,this will be year 4 for me i think, Wav is one of the crew that makes cycling happen in the the Leinster area, so i almost feel obliged to support him :) .

Its for an excellent charity this year and always well run with the cup of tea to warm you up after ,ill be cycling from Balbriggan in good time to get to the start not like Rob and bmf who need to drive to the start soft lads.....

I know Lenny has been a bit busy of late but is their a Facebook page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭wav1

I will doing this again all going well,this will be year 4 for me i think, Wav is one of the crew that makes cycling happen in the the Leinster area, so i almost feel obliged to support him :) .

Its for an excellent charity this year and always well run with the cup of tea to warm you up after ,ill be cycling from Balbriggan in good time to get to the start not like Rob and bmf who need to drive to the start soft lads.....

I know Lenny has been a bit busy of late but is their a Facebook page ?
    No facebook page but i'll get on to mini wav in that regard as he did something last year on that.You have to be 2 minutes earlier this year LOL.
    Looking forward to it.

Its for an excellent charity this year and always well run with the cup of tea to warm you up after ,ill be cycling from Balbriggan in good time to get to the start not like Rob and bcmf who need to drive to the start so they can be on time for the start not like me........

fixed......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Cant believe its that time of year already. Done this the past 2 years and hope to do it this year too. Lovely route and very well run. May spin up from Balrothery/Balbriggan too with Killalaner. Just need to talk Bcmf and Mr.Fowl into doing it too ;-)

Oh myself and yer man Fowler are doing it just have to have the car ready in case yer man Fowler forgets to get outta bed.
    Not that its ever happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭billyhead

detones wrote: »
    Cant believe its that time of year already. Done this the past 2 years and hope to do it this year too. Lovely route and very well run. May spin up from Balrothery/Balbriggan too with Killalaner. Just need to talk Bcmf and Mr.Fowl into doing it too ;-)

Might do likewise although Im coming from Rush. If you do decide to spin up from Balbriggan let me know what time and place you intend to depart from? Otherwise I will have to get the early morning train.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

billyhead wrote: »
    Might do likewise although Im coming from Rush. If you do decide to spin up from Balbriggan let me know what time and place you intend to depart from? Otherwise I will have to get the early morning train.

Will do. Im hoping bcmf and Co will be my early morning train. ILL be tailing them all the Way there. Choooo Choooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

Be sure to allow yourselves at least one hour at the border crossing into Louth.
    Weekends tend to be busy so bring a flask of hot soup and a good book in case there is a delay.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Be sure to allow yourselves at least one hour at the border crossing into Louth.
    Weekends tend to be busy so bring a flask of hot soup and a good book in case there is a delay.

We have to cross through the badlands of Meath first.More worried about that tbh. Last time I passe through Meath I had a banjo thrown at me...

It could have been a lot worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNMjZpSbnU

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    It could have been a lot worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNMjZpSbnU

He was looking for that at the coffee stop........

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

Donore retail park ... that's the one with TK Maxx, Halfords etc ?

ugsparky wrote: »
    Donore retail park ... that's the one with TK Maxx, Halfords etc ?

That's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

is there a route map available?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

This looks like it,
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1867600
    with thanks to lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

Cheers, defo think i'll take this in.

The Facebook page is up, make sure to invite all your friends https://www.facebook.com/events/580562368735810/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Knoby

Is this a leisure spin or a flat out hammerfest.

Definitely not a hammer fest, a controlled lesure tour

I was injured for this event last year, but in 2013, my average speed was 28.4KPH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Knoby

I might head up to Drogheda just back from a bd injury so average would be 25kph max i would reckon the distance is another obstacle for me if I do turn up Ill be on a black Bianchi Sempre.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I was injured for this event last year, but in 2013, my average speed was 28.4KPH.

Just checked mine for last year @28kph, it was a nice sized group so no need to go to the front unless you want to,it was well controlled on the few hills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Doc07

I went to school in Drogheda so should do this for nostalgia alone. Will wear the old pink boards jersey.

Advertisement