Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to work after a bank holiday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Hitchens

agh now I love my job...but jesus the taught of returning after a long weekend making small talk with co-workers:rolleyes:
    it's a form of bonding ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Have two more days left then back to work Thursday .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

pharmaton wrote: »
    its ok, I'm old.

Stop, you're killing me! :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Hitchens wrote: »
    it's a form of bonding ;)

ugh...fills me with dread...don't mind the job/but most of them are prue bull****ters (saying them scored this wan etc-when they never do:confused::confused:)
    there sound I guess....but once the first half hour bull**** over its grand:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My last day off was July 18, next is Nov 26, can't wait. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I work from home and still dread going in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Next bank holiday will be Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I had to work today...actually don't think I've ever had a bank holiday off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

My last day off was July 18, next is Nov 26, can't wait. :)

Surely that's illegal? Or are you joking?
    Wait...you're self- employed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

No bank holiday, new classes today. I tried so hard to be early, it's a good 35 minute cycle, elevator was in a mood and there was sick in it, chain came off twice on the way in, flung my bike at the door, no time for locking and legged it, yay Mondays \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Surely that's illegal? Or are you joking?
    Wait...you're self- employed ?

Yep, I've reported myself to the European Court Of Human Rights, but no avail, just have to struggle on I suppose. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Off all week.
    (Ha!)

I get 33 paid days off a year and have to take the remaining 18 before Dec 1st.
    Tough life indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Yep, I've reported myself to the European Court Of Human Rights, but no avail, just have to struggle on I suppose. :)

You could threaten strike action,,stage a sit-in ( preferably in the kitchen ), show yourself you mean business and refuse to resume work til you've given in to your demands.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

It's back to a short week though.

I always find the week after a bank holiday to be really difficult, I think because without fail, I go into it with the attitude "Sure, it's only 4 days, be grand!!" and I'm not really mentally prepared for it. Then it's back with a bang, come home exhausted on Tuesday night and wonder if the long weekend ever happened!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Weeks hols too so, sympathies with everyone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Off for the week, but I still have to study :( My next week off will be for study leave (it has to be taken as a holiday), which leaves me with a remaining three days, which will probably involve Christmas shopping. I get 20 days leave, and the last seven days in June was. . .yes, study leave. And, it's unlikely I will get any time to head off anywhere until these exams are done. Still, I could take time off and do them at some other stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Spare a thought for those of us that work in pubs. Our weekend starts tomorrow with the Tuesday club:)

And hotels.

Working til 8 AM. Off Tuesday and Wednesday. Will get home at 8.30, then into the hospital for 10AM.

Sleep? Whats that?

Advertisement