Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw October 27th 2014

Options
  • 27-10-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Bray-Wyatt-and-Dean-Ambrose.jpg

The long, hard road out of “Hell” begins in San Antonio, when Raw convenes for the first time since the career-altering events of WWE Hell in a Cell 2014. From an international collision that ended in shocking fashion to a pair of Hell in a Cell Matches from which no Superstar emerged the same as when they entered, WWE’s October staple was truly a Halloween horror come early. Yet the future has already begun to take shape, as a challenger for Brock Lesnar’s WWE World Heavyweight Title has been determined and one long-running rivalry has given way to a horrifying new one. What lies in store for the WWE Universe now that Hell has had its fill for at least another year?

1. Next in line Ready for Round Three? John Cena earned himself another go at Brock Lesnar by defeating his defining rival, Randy Orton, inside Hell in a Cell with an opportunity at The Conqueror’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line. The win secures Cena’s future for the time being, but what about Orton’s? Having been shown up by Seth Rollins, whose own showing inside the place where rivalries are forever settled ended much better (more on that later), can The Apex Predator maintain his favor in the eyes of WWE COO Triple H, the man who anointed him as the Face of WWE only a year ago? Monday should provide some insight.

2. Crushed Another defender of America has succumbed to Rusev, who achieved what many thought impossible when he defeated Big Show via submission at WWE Hell in a Cell. A well-intended appearance by Mark Henry almost certainly helped, but still, by vanquishing the giant, Rusev has steadily dismantled almost every powerhouse the WWE locker room has to offer. And unless The Great Khali suddenly discovers his inner Uncle Sam, it’ll take someone unexpected to finally bring The Super Athlete down and win one for the USA. Will such a challenger present himself on Monday?

3. Payback is a B-word Looks like one of The Bella Twins has herself a new personal assistant. The marquee clash between the Divas division’s twin twosome ended in humiliation for Brie Bella, whose defeat means she’ll be sister Nikki’s resident gofer for the next 30 days. Aside from being great fodder for future “Total Divas” episodes, how will the Divas division’s resident folk hero survive her stint in servitude? And, more importantly, what will be the first task Nikki sets for her subservient sister?

4. Across the universe Ready the spaceship: Gold & Stardust are taking the WWE Tag Team Championship to the moon and beyond after knocking off The Usos to maintain a firm, gloved clutch on their beloved Cosmic Key. Now, as guardians of the tag division’s most precious jewel and having sufficiently held The Usos off for the second month running, all the intergalactic brothers need is a new opponent. So, who will the universe select as the chosen challenger for its resident champions?

5. Feast for buzzards Perhaps it’s fitting that Dean Ambrose’s first trip into Hell in a Cell ended with interference from a self-proclaimed monster. Bray Wyatt cut short The Lunatic Fringe’s bid for payback against Seth Rollins when he pounced on the former U.S. Champion right as Rollins was at his most vulnerable. The Eater of Worlds’ interference gave Mr. Money in the Bank the defining win of his career and handed Ambrose a heartbreaking loss, but Wyatt may have provoked the one man in WWE more dangerous than he. These two teased a showdown back when their resident factions went to war; might we finally see WWE’s two most demented minds go head-to-head?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Also, seeing as Raw is in San Antonio, Texas, I'm betting Shawn Michaels will make a cameo appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Oh great Cena vs Lesnar III. I'm not the biggest Orton fan but it would have been interesting seeing him against Lesnar. Lesnar has had nine mathes since his return I think. Six have been against either Triple H or Cena. If he fights Cena again that will make it seven.

Also with Ambrose losing his last feud and Wyatt losing numerous feuds one of them will also end up losing this feud too. Both need to be winning feuds at this stage of their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do they even hype Lesnar/Cena III? Cena's has been beaten twice, quite recently, and it's not like the matches were classics.

If they do some form of hype promo tonight, I can see the crowd shítting all over it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    How do they even hype Lesnar/Cena III? Cena's has been beaten twice, quite recently, and it's not like the matches were classics.

If they do some form of hype promo tonight, I can see the crowd shítting all over it.

Guessing Cena will point out he "had Brock beat" before Rollins interefered.

Really, really had hoped we'd get a third man, preferably Ambrose, involved somehow. But seems like everyone else is pretty much tied up :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I can see the Survivor Series traditional tag match being used to further some feuds and us not actually getting one on one matches until the December Network Special.

Will it be team Orton v team Rollins?

Hoping for a return or two to take places on teams, BNB or Reigns

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wonder if we will get another one of these speeches:
    B0-OCXgIcAAEcJL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

rovert wrote: »
    Wonder if we will get another one of these speeches:
    B0-OCXgIcAAEcJL.jpg

Please not. If I hear his music hit to start the show I'll roll my eyes. It feels like 2002/03 all over again when Triple H starts every show with a big long drawn out speech.

Please not. If I hear his music hit to start the show I'll roll my eyes. It feels like 2002/03 all over again when Triple H starts every show with a big long drawn out speech.

WHAT'S THAT Galway_mad_bhoy YOU WANT CENA AND AMBROSE BOOKED IN A HANDICAP MATCH TONIGHT? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's Cena/Brock IV, not III.

They can try make us forget Extreme Rules 2012 all they want, but I refuse to forget that incredible feat in stupidity.

Can we expect Bray Wyatt to be on his own now?

The Wyatt Family appeared to come about when he was injured rather than by design. I personally think the stable was never used properly and by not wrestling enough stunted his growth as a performer in the ring. By doing enough damage to opponents himself it damaged Brays credibility, alaays looked like he needed help from two brutes rather than a small advantage.

Rollins security are good examples of how it should be done, they are cannon fodder and are treated as such, can help him cheat to a win or take a big bump for him but don't actually do big moves or take people down for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bray-Wyatt-and-Dean-Ambrose.jpg

The long, hard road out of “Hell” begins in San Antonio, when Raw convenes for the first time since the career-altering events of WWE Hell in a Cell 2014. From an international collision that ended in shocking fashion to a pair of Hell in a Cell Matches from which no Superstar emerged the same as when they entered, WWE’s October staple was truly a Halloween horror come early. Yet the future has already begun to take shape, as a challenger for Brock Lesnar’s WWE World Heavyweight Title has been determined and one long-running rivalry has given way to a horrifying new one. What lies in store for the WWE Universe now that Hell has had its fill for at least another year?

1. Next in line Ready for Round Three? John Cena earned himself another go at Brock Lesnar by defeating his defining rival, Randy Orton, inside Hell in a Cell with an opportunity at The Conqueror’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship on the line. The win secures Cena’s future for the time being, but what about Orton’s? Having been shown up by Seth Rollins, whose own showing inside the place where rivalries are forever settled ended much better (more on that later), can The Apex Predator maintain his favor in the eyes of WWE COO Triple H, the man who anointed him as the Face of WWE only a year ago? Monday should provide some insight.

2. Crushed Another defender of America has succumbed to Rusev, who achieved what many thought impossible when he defeated Big Show via submission at WWE Hell in a Cell. A well-intended appearance by Mark Henry almost certainly helped, but still, by vanquishing the giant, Rusev has steadily dismantled almost every powerhouse the WWE locker room has to offer. And unless The Great Khali suddenly discovers his inner Uncle Sam, it’ll take someone unexpected to finally bring The Super Athlete down and win one for the USA. Will such a challenger present himself on Monday?

3. Payback is a B-word Looks like one of The Bella Twins has herself a new personal assistant. The marquee clash between the Divas division’s twin twosome ended in humiliation for Brie Bella, whose defeat means she’ll be sister Nikki’s resident gofer for the next 30 days. Aside from being great fodder for future “Total Divas” episodes, how will the Divas division’s resident folk hero survive her stint in servitude? And, more importantly, what will be the first task Nikki sets for her subservient sister?

4. Across the universe Ready the spaceship: Gold & Stardust are taking the WWE Tag Team Championship to the moon and beyond after knocking off The Usos to maintain a firm, gloved clutch on their beloved Cosmic Key. Now, as guardians of the tag division’s most precious jewel and having sufficiently held The Usos off for the second month running, all the intergalactic brothers need is a new opponent. So, who will the universe select as the chosen challenger for its resident champions?

5. Feast for buzzards Perhaps it’s fitting that Dean Ambrose’s first trip into Hell in a Cell ended with interference from a self-proclaimed monster. Bray Wyatt cut short The Lunatic Fringe’s bid for payback against Seth Rollins when he pounced on the former U.S. Champion right as Rollins was at his most vulnerable. The Eater of Worlds’ interference gave Mr. Money in the Bank the defining win of his career and handed Ambrose a heartbreaking loss, but Wyatt may have provoked the one man in WWE more dangerous than he. These two teased a showdown back when their resident factions went to war; might we finally see WWE’s two most demented minds go head-to-head?

Also, for any Irish that frequent the forum, Sheamus won :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bray part of the Authority and Rollins security now?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Bray part of the Authority and Rollins security now?

I wouldn't think so.

They only have Cena, Orton, Ambrose and Rollins as credible people for the main events of TV right now so badly need to get someone like Wyatt over in his own right.

Also can't see a young guy going into that role unless he is a brand new wrestler.

They were smart so far to use older wrestlers like Kane or retired guys like Mercury and Noble as they can take a beating, look silly an not harm their prospects.

B0_GJ34CYAEFKk0.png

Is Raw on an hour early tonight or the usual 1 am start time?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Is Raw on an hour early tonight or the usual 1 am start time?

MIDNIGHT!

Gracias Rovert.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hogan.

Ugh.

Hogan.

Ugh.

Rusev vs Hogan at Survivor Series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cena/Rollins tonight is pure trolling by WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,124 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SlickRic wrote: »
    Cena/Rollins tonight is pure trolling by WWE.

No doubt Orton will interfere

Cena/Rollins............ You could bet on interference by Orton & Kane, in fact $9.99 says there will be interference.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No doubt Orton will interfere

Will he attack Cena or Rollins?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

As it's mid-term and I'm on a break from college I can stay up to watch Raw live for the first time in what seems like ages, hooray!

B0_Z8BKIYAAuhf2.png

Hmmmm
    jebforever wrote: »
    As it's mid-term and I'm on a break from college I can stay up to watch Raw live for the first time in what seems like ages, hooray!

You will either regret this or it will make a man of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's Cena/Brock IV, not III.

They can try make us forget Extreme Rules 2012 all they want, but I refuse to forget that incredible feat in stupidity.
    Actually, it'll be Lesnar's and Cena's fifth PPV match.

Backlash 2003, Lesnar defeated Cena to retain the WWE title.

Hogan.

Ugh.

Lana threatens to put the WWE Network on Sky in the UK cue Hulk Hogan BIG BOOT, LEG DROP. Hulk then announces it is over the top. BIG POP.

or announces he is doing Movember

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

God, not Hogan again.

WE CAN'T MISS YOU IF YOU NEVER GO AWAY, TERRY!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    B0_GJ34CYAEFKk0.png

tumblr_m46tg2b3vR1qbxlwho1_500.gif

Advertisement