Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tidy Towns Doing Councils Job?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

MadsL wrote: »
    If people were shamed by their littering activities maybe less 'tidying' would be needed.

I propose licensing volunteer litter wardens with the power to issue on the spot fines for littering, let them retain 80% of the revenue they generate in fines.

Name and shame those issued fines in the local press.

i always run after people and hand them the rubbish they've discarded, was at a bus stop during the summer and a youngfella comes along, opens an icecream and as he proceeds to stick it in his gob he just drops the wrapper out of his hand, before it even hit the ground i had uttered what the **** and imediately told him to pick it up. if mor epeople done this it would get the message across just as handy as fining

Advertisement