Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Ireland have a strong sense of community?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Who knows where the Valley of the squinting windows is? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think it does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Who knows where the Valley of the squinting windows is? :P

Delvin, Co Westmeath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Packrat wrote: »
    Really? As if it's MY posts and not yours which are constantly reported for personal abuse.

Self awareness deficit much?

:confused: I've only ever had a couple of infractions, so your knobbyhead must be confusing me with someone else. You might want so see someone about that, there's probably an ointment you can buy, it might help with the chip on your shoulder, it must get heavy.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

:confused: I've only ever had a couple of infractions, so your knobbyhead must be confusing me with someone else. You might want so see someone about that, there's probably an ointment you can buy, it might help with the chip on your shoulder, it must get heavy.:P

Mod: Don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Oakboy

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I think in general if you're not "involved" in the GAA you're shunned by the village idiots in a lot of small rural villages like where I hail from.

Oddly, the "best" players of the local GAA when I was growing up are now all bar one or two, on the dole, drug & alcohol abusers. The one or two I mention who didn't end up this way are very strange mammy boys type who appear to be adopted by all the village idiots as their own kids. And of course are some sort of a teacher or something.

In all, the "community" spirit is too closely linked with the GAA and given the state the country found itself in over the past decade, one can only deduce that this truly isn't for the best.

I think it was a shrewd move posting this with only a couple of months to go until the end of the year. Not much time left for anyone else to top this for most retarded post of 2014.
    Congratulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Oakboy wrote: »
    I think it was a shrewd move posting this with only a couple of months to go until the end of the year. Not much time left for anyone else to top this for most retarded post of 2014.
    Congratulations

Boohoo, did I hurt your precious GAA?

Classic example right here guys. These people can't take any sort of criticism at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In my town as in most others, people were mostly white and Catholic, even Protestants were a novelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Boohoo, did I hurt your precious GAA?

Classic example right here guys. These people can't take any sort of criticism at all.

These people? What in the name of Jesus are you taking about?

And criticsm? Reread your original post. The hate and vitriol was just steaming from it. Not one sensible critique, just bile and utter shiite about 'village idiots, mammy's boys and alcoholics'.

All critism of an organisation the size of the GAA is needed to continue improving it and any GAA supporter worth their salt would wholeheartly agree that, as an organisation, it's not perfect. But the shiite you're spewing only makes yourself look like an angry, jealous tool that bears a grudge for whatever reason.

I think the village idiot made himself very apparent this evening and he obviously doesn't put on a club jersey at the weekend. It's a pity, you'd make a hardy corner back with that much anger in you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I grew up in Dublin in the 70's and there was a sense of community.
    EVERY woman on the road was watching what EVER child was getting up to. And if you were doing wrong and Mrs O'Brien caught you and brought you home and told on you, you got into much more trouble for having Mrs O'brien having to "give out to you" :D
    That's not there anymore. People have ruined it with "that wasn't my son/daughter" craic so now people don't say anything and kids run amok.

I now live "down de country" and would have liked my kids to play GAA(Dubs are fond of GAA too ya know ;):p) but the clique is something else.
    As it turned out, thankfully the kids weren't interested in playing(damn nerdy intellectual kids :o:)) but there is still the comments "Ah shure, your boys don't play......but they do play piana hahahahahaha"

Dopes

• Advertisement
Advertisement