Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*ck me. Muller Rice is delicious.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Muller rice is tasty alright. Muller must be laughing their arses off at being able to sell so much cold rice pudding with a spoonful of jam as a dessert. Who'd have thought cold rice pudding would be so popular. Carbtastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh god I hate it so much even the smell of it makes me heave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Explain cos I've seen it mentioned loads of times in bodybuilding forums.

M&#252 wrote: »
    Nutrition Information Per 180g pot:

Energy 814 KJ, 193 kcal
    Protein 5.4g
    Carbohydrate 33.8g
    of which sugars 23.9g
    Fat 4.0g
    of which saturates 2.3g
    Fibre trace
    Sodium 0.2g
    Calcium 157mg

^^ That's probably why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Rice is really easy to make yourself, its just some rice boiled in milk.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's highly processed white rice and a crapload of sugar mixed with some sort of low fat (ie highly processed) longlife (ie even more highly processed) dairy product. It's definitely not healthy. I like rice pudding a lot but even the home made stuff is far from healthy and that at least has fresh, full fat milk and cream, so is much better for you than tinned or cartoned stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Rice is really easy to make yourself, its just some rice boiled in milk.

Really?????????? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Rule of thumb: If it's nice, it's packed with ****e.

May not be true but it applies to a lot of food stuffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

did you know the Japanese used torture POWs with muller rice. They used feed them it and then pour water into them to make their stomachs bloat. It was part of the german war effort

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Yeah, you'll never get tonk without that hefty 200 kcal and 25g of sugar per pot.

Learn to read labels, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

WOT! Is this thread still going, Muller Rice is a five minute high, move on please.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

^^ That's probably why.
    Yeah, you'll never get tonk without that hefty 200 kcal and 25g of sugar per pot.

Learn to read labels, dude.

That works out at 2.2g of fat per 100g. I go by the rule that anything under 5g per 100g is ok.

Sugars I'll ignore, they can be good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

WOT! Is this thread still going, Muller Rice is a five minute high, move on please.

Some us eat Muller rice by the bucket load so why don't you move on and let us binge in comfort.

Some us eat Muller rice by the bucket load so why don't you move on and let us binge in comfort.

Are you fat? Since I'm just starting my love affair with Muller, I'd like to know the bodybuild of someone who eats it by the bucket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Are you fat? Since I'm just starting my love affair with Muller, I'd like to know the bodybuild of someone who eats it by the bucket...

Quite the opposite. I have a single digit body fat percentage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Really?????????? :eek:

Pretty much yeah, and add a can of fruit for whatever flavour you want. Here's an easy recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/yummy-creamy-rice-pudding-46072 - ignore step 6 (egg and raisin). There's another one here for a lower sugar content http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-rice-pudding-152673

If you want it hot, put the tin of fruit in a small saucepan (like one you'd boil an egg in) on low and stir for a few minutes until it's hot then just pour it on top. If you want it cold, don't bother cooking it and put the bowl of rice pudding in a baking tin or casserole dish of very cold water to cool it down quicker (just not enough that the water can get in!). If you burn the rice on the bottom you can just discard that stuff and the rest is fine, but try to scrape the wooden spoon off the bottom of the pot when you're cooking it to avoid it burning.

Muller are pretty nice but when you make it yourself you notice how much profit they must be making! If healthy eating is a concern you'll get better quality stuff home made yourself also, and can fiddle around with how much sugar, butter, etc you want to put in. Also tends to be easier to make in big batches, so there's a huge tub of it lying in the fridge for a few days after whenever you want it - makes a great quick breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

and get this sh*t it's healthy enough too.

I'll never eat unhealthy crap as a "treat" again. Muller all the way!. Who's with me?

I like to mix a pot of the apple Muller Rice with a large bowl of jumbo porridge oats.

Quite the opposite. I have a single digit body fat percentage.

Proofs in the pudding then for all the nay sayers here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I couldn't give a fuck whether it's healthy or not. The custard flavoured one is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

That stuff is horrible. It's all about the ambrosia rice pudding in a tin!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ima_believer

Plain for me...
    But if im feeling fruity I like the raspberry one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

We already have a way of doing that. It's called calories :confused:

That's what I don't get with WW and SW type programmes. People are adding up all these finicky points - would it not be just quicker, easier and more illuminating to work out the calories? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

just wait til you don't poo for a week op

Advertisement