Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

PARlance wrote: »
    Same here, keeping him and hoping to be convinced to keep him again this weekend.

Banking transfer this week and praying for a low scoring Chelsea game.

Do you have Fabregas & Hazard? Thinking of doing Sterling to Hazard for fear CFC run riot & I've ditched Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

ADM -> Hazard is done.

So I'm among those who currently have Costa, Hazard and Fabregas in their team. I've also got Pelle and Tadic. I may still do Fab -> Ramsey for -4 though, rather undecided. I need to make up 0.4 to get in Cresswell soon though.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting :eek:

Cresswell is a big mistake. Think people need to do a little more independent thinking on this one. West Ham have a very very low clean sheet record. 5.4m is alot of money. Funny to see so much talk about a West Ham defender. If he was to move to a top six club that would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Should I go for safe bet Tadic or take the risk on the doubtful Mane option which probably has a better points scoring potential?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Is Duff out for Yun or Bruce a good idea? How long will Bruce feature for Hull?

Moore would be your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Eden Hazard. As simple as that.

We can't have everyone and he should outscore him over the next 3 weeks. I might look at Rooney going forward or going back to ADM

Just made exactly the same move, although it took a couple glasses of vino reddo before I pressed "confirm transfer". Have to trust my instincts on this one after letting myself down over the last few weeks. Really feel Hazard is due to fill his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd leave duff in for another few weeks after arsenal they have a fair few home games with clean sheet potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Cresswell is a big mistake. Think people need to do a little more independent thinking on this one. West Ham have a very very low clean sheet record. 5.4m is alot of money. Funny to see so much talk about a West Ham defender. If he was to move to a top six club that would be different.

Independent thinking?

I said this sometime last week:
    Aaron Cresswell and Carl Jenkinson at 5.4 and 5.0 respectively from West Ham are worth monitoring I think from next week on. Could be a nice alternative to Baines. A shame Cresswell was over priced by .5 from the start. Both got assists at the weekend.

He had 12 assists last season, roughly. Is on a number of free-kicks and 2 assists in his last 2 which to me suggests he is finding his feet. West Ham have played Spurs, United, Liverpool, City and Southampton in 5 of their 9 games. Along with Palace, Burnley and Hull away too. They now have a promising run of games where they might well tighten up, or not be subject to the same level of attack.

It's a risk but something I have done a lot of thinking about. It's a gut feeling I've had about him for a number of weeks. Before Baines became the beast he is now he was unknown and playing for Wigan. I'm not saying they're exactly the same but I believe Cresswell can become a very good player for FF. 5.4 is expensive but when I weigh up all of the above it might just be worth it. Of course it may not either but he has Sakho, Valencia and Carroll in a few weeks to feed. It's hardly against the realms of possibility that Allardyce might start getting more out of his defence either.

CSF wrote: »
    Moore would be your best bet.
    I have Moore already, along with Rose :( Taylor and Clyne.
    I'd leave duff in for another few weeks after arsenal they have a fair few home games with clean sheet potential.
    Yeah, Burnley's fixtures are tempting me. I could dump Moore either as Leicester are muck defensively. Pity they have an OK game tomorrow.

I'm also doubting Cresswell, championship performances don't always transfer to the big stage. He's the same price as Bertrand and Clyne, and I know which of the two teams are performing better defensively.

I'll be the first to admit I had it wrong if he starts scoring big.

• Advertisement

Should I go for safe bet Tadic or take the risk on the doubtful Mane option which probably has a better points scoring potential?

Come on people, help a man get some sleep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Thoughts on Azpilicueta to Wilson, Sterling to Chadli and Welbeck to Agüero for a -4. Leaves me with a team of
    Mannone (heaton)
    Clyne Wilson Chambers (Wilson Duff)
    Siggy Chadli Fabregas ADM (Quinn)
    Costa Pelle Aguero
    Thanks guys!

Safe bet for now, you can downgrade to Mane next week once he's back to 100% fit.

Safe bet for now, you can downgrade to Mane next week once he's back to 100% fit.

Ok, just to point out ive neither at the mo so ive to transfer from Silva to 1 of them

I read somewhere that Hull have conceded the most shots inside the box this season. Can't find the source now I'm sorry :(

Pelle has one of the best records inside the box and Tadic will be assisting him. Also if Mane is an injury doubt and Long scored and faces his former club I'd go for the safe option in Tadic.

I also own Tadic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Harry Kane at 4.8 mil soooo tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I read somewhere that Hull have conceded the most shots inside the box this season. Can't find the source now I'm sorry :(

I mentioned it last week, it was in the FFS Scout Picks article last week.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/10/24/scout-picks-gameweek-9-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

Independent thinking?

I said this sometime last week:

He had 12 assists last season, roughly. Is on a number of free-kicks and 2 assists in his last 2 which to me suggests he is finding his feet. West Ham have played Spurs, United, Liverpool, City and Southampton in 5 of their 9 games. Along with Palace, Burnley and Hull away too. They now have a promising run of games where they might well tighten up, or not be subject to the same level of attack.

It's a risk but something I have done a lot of thinking about. It's a gut feeling I've had about him for a number of weeks. Before Baines became the beast he is now he was unknown and playing for Wigan. I'm not saying they're exactly the same but I believe Cresswell can become a very good player for FF. 5.4 is expensive but when I weigh up all of the above it might just be worth it. Of course it may not either but he has Sakho, Valencia and Carroll in a few weeks to feed. It's hardly against the realms of possibility that Allardyce might start getting more out of his defence either.

Didn't mean you to take the "independent thinking" remark personally!! Loads of people are unnecessarily hyping him up. I watched him alot last year and saw him play in the flesh. Great going forward but defensively naive. I think you should track him for a couple of weeks in these "easy" fixtures.

Pelle has one of the best records inside the box and Tadic will be assisting him. Also if Mane is an injury doubt and Long scored and faces his former club I'd go for the safe option in Tadic.

I also own Tadic :pac:

Ok it's done!!!

Rose out for Chambers or Alcaraz, good idea or bad idea? I genuinely have no idea what to do this week, I have 2 FTs with 0.3 in the bank and I don't want to lose a transfer this week.

I could get Ramsey in for Sterling either.

Help....please. :(

My squad, for what it's worth:
    6y01e8.jpg
    Ok, just to point out ive neither at the mo so ive to transfer from Silva to 1 of them
    Tadic IMO as he's guaranteed to play.

• Advertisement

Didn't mean you to take the "independent thinking" remark personally!! Loads of people are unnecessarily hyping him up. I watched him alot last year and saw him play in the flesh. Great going forward but defensively naive. I think you should track him for a couple of weeks in these "easy" fixtures.

No don't worry I didn't but was just outlining why I wanted to invest in him :)

It'll be next week at the earliest before I'll be going for him anyway. Would you say he's a weak link at the back that could cost goals purely down to his naivety?

He's firmly on my watchlist, would not be buying him this week or next. Don't think many are saying they would get him that imminently (mr p was gonna try to get him next week but he gets obsessive like that about obscure defenders)

Back to Cresswell, he has 29 crosses so average of around 3 a game. West Ham showed last year they can keep clean sheets, but have sacrificed that a bit this year for more attacking intent. But if they show signs of getting the balance right and tightening up at the back and very attacking West Ham full back could be epic is all we're really saying for now I think.

Nib wrote: »
    Might a good time to upgrade your Keeper.

I'd like to do that but I want to keep a few bob in reserve to upgrade Sterling to Walcott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I'd like to do that but I want to keep a few bob in reserve to upgrade Sterling to Walcott.
    Sorry, I didn't cop Forster. I thought Heaton was your only playing keeper.

If I was you I'd get Chambers in.

Nib wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't cop Forster. I thought Heaton was your only playing keeper.

If I was you I'd get Chambers in.

Thinking either him or Alcaraz. That would eat up a transfer, still leave me with two next week and if I get Rose out for either of them, I will have more cash in reserve.

Spurs have good fixtures but they are awful right now.

Have an itch to get rid of Siggy.

Was gonna bank my 2nd ft but Siggy to Chadli maybe worth it over the next three weeks or so.

Current team for this GW.
    Forster,
    Clyne, Moore, Chambers
    Fabregas, Hazard, Sanchez (c), Siggy,
    Costa, Pelle, Aguero
    Subs: Hamer, Boyd, Duff, Hutton

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Do you have Fabregas & Hazard? Thinking of doing Sterling to Hazard for fear CFC run riot & I've ditched Costa

I may regret this but I really can't see Chelsea running riot.
    I've only got Fab, in a ideal world I would like to have one more.... but having 3 Chelsea attackers is madness imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just to echo Mr.P's thoughts, I'm a WH fan who watches most of the games so have seen a fair share of Cresswell. IMO he's a gem, gets forward an awful lot, WH haven't played wingers yet this season so he's essentially playing as WB. His delivery is fantastic. Not sure if the stat is anywhere but I reckon he's had 5/6 "assists to the assit" if ya get me. Granted that doesn't get you points but it's encouraging.

Also, he's taking free kicks and cornser so could nick a goal or two from that. Noble missed West Ham's only penalty this season so it'll be interesting to see if they get another one whether maybe Cresswell could take over.

CS's are a lottery this year, anyone's likely to get you one. So attacking returns are all that's making defenders attractive this year (see Ivan, Baines, Dier, Chambers etc)

I still don't have him in my team. In 3 weeks if I can do a straight swap for Bertrand I'll do that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Just to echo Mr.P's thoughts, I'm a WH fan who watches most of the games so have seen a fair share of Cresswell. IMO he's a gem, gets forward an awful lot, WH haven't played wingers yet this season so he's essentially playing as WB. His delivery is fantastic. Not sure if the stat is anywhere but I reckon he's had 5/6 "assists to the assit" if ya get me. Granted that doesn't get you points but it's encouraging.

Also, he's taking free kicks and cornser so could nick a goal or two from that. Noble missed West Ham's only penalty this season so it'll be interesting to see if they get another one whether maybe Cresswell could take over.

CS's are a lottery this year, anyone's likely to get you one. So attacking returns are all that's making defenders attractive this year (see Ivan, Baines, Dier, Chambers etc)

I still don't have him in my team. In 3 weeks if I can do a straight swap for Bertrand I'll do that then.

What's your opinion re Collins? He's only 4.5. I know he's under threat from Tompkins but on Twitter it was said that Tompkins was passed for on Thursday and still didn't make the Matchday squad.

I can't see Creswell justifying the extra 0.9 outlay if Collins keeps his place tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Could I get some help

Worth doing last minute panic move and DiMaria to Hazard for a hit or should I just sit tight and hope for the best

My team atm:

Krulliot
    Baines-Clyne-Wilson
    Fabregas-Sanchez(c)-Siggy-DiMaria
    Aguero-Pelle-Welbeck

Advertisement