Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When is too early?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So mine is going up friday week. I have purchased some lights today (after the fiasco that was the dog chewing through 400 of last years prior to Christmas when they were on the tree) not sure if I bought enough, shall see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My mam decorated a bit of the house today, and set up one of the three Christmas trees. She wont turn it on until December 1st :( The anticipation of it all. Love Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

That sounds like pure torture Hollister :eek: I'm TRYING to wait until the toy show Friday week but not sure if I have the willpower :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

I'm busying myself baking and making :D Only when all my Christmas shopping and baking and making is done (except icing the cake) will the decorations go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My mam has them up, 2 trees and everything. She isn't finished yet..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

I have two trees up already.
    It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I heard my first Christmas song in a shop today ... Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Up Sunday all going well has to be up for the toy show which is next friday

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Hollister and Eezipc need pics in the Christmas tree thread :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Tree is up :) Feels so Christmassy now.

Bit off topic but Homestore and More have great deals on lights. Got a set of 480 LED lights for €25. Woodies are selling them for the crazy price of €74

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Has anybody seen any good prices or offers for fake christmas trees. There is one in tesco for €25, has anybody gotten it, does it look ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Whispered wrote: »
    Has anybody seen any good prices or offers for fake christmas trees. There is one in tesco for €25, has anybody gotten it, does it look ok?

7ft one in B&Q on special offer for €50.

Saw one fully assembled on display, looks fab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Well I've had the worst family news, so I think my tree is going up this week. If all them sparkly lights don't cheer me up, nothing will.

Up to the loft I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I'm someone who does think about Christmas in advance - sometimes up to 11 months ahead :D - but don't understand the desperatation to replace the dignified suspense of Advent with mad festivity of Christmas and then have nothing Christmassy left for January, when the weather's usually miserable and you really need cheering up. So our tree usually goes up on the weekend closest to the 15th and stays up till sometime in January ... or February. After all Twelfth Night to Shrove Tuesday is Carnival! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Well I've had the worst family news, so I think my tree is going up this week. If all them sparkly lights don't cheer me up, nothing will.

Up to the loft I go.

Sorry to hear that, hope your tree helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Deenie123 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, hope your tree helps

It will thanks, going to try and squeeze even more lights on it this year. At least with LED lights my electric bill won't rival a small country's like it used to with the old style lights!

Advertisement