Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What skill or talent would you love to possess?

Options
  • 24-10-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

I'd love to be able to play the piano really well. Like proper concert pianist type well.

What skills or talents would you love to excel at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Be able to pull any woman I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Conversation skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'd like to be a good singer. Women love a good singer.
    Instead, I sound like someone stood on a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

So many,

Singing,
    Playing any musical instrument
    Basic social interaction
    Dress sense
    Maths
    English
    Typing

To name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

be fluent in irish and be able to swim.. could never get the hang of swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd like to teach the world to sing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Seal clubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

To be able to make the most of every hour, every day and not procrastinate and just laze around for whatever bloody reason that seems to be getting worse lately. I feel I've wasted an entire lifetime by just doing nothing and I'm only just 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I'd love to be able to sing. That or have the talent to be a stand up comedian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Card counting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'd love to be able to do them somersaults you see in the Olympics and just be able to do it on the street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'd just love more time to be able to pursue skills or talents... I have time for my singing but I'm years out of practise on my poor cello. I can still play it like, but not at the diploma level + I was, not without months of catching up

I'd love to be better at drawing. And speak more languages

I never got the hang of cartwheels...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'd like to be able to turn inanimate objects into money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd just love more time to be able to pursue skills or talents... I have time for my singing but I'm years out of practise on my poor cello. I can still play it like, but not at the diploma level + I was, not without months of catching up

Oh, I'm so jealous you can play the cello. Beautiful instrument that.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Juggling or something requiring a similar level of adroitness. Although at this stage I'd nearly settle for being to write legibly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 daisybun

I'd like to teach the world to sing

In perfect harmony?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 daisybun

bluewolf wrote: »

I joined a local amateur orchestra in order to give me the opportunity to play my cello. It's fantastic fun - you should try to find something similar yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

The ability to pick up foreign languages quickly.

It would also be absolutely brilliant to be able to become invisible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭66ad

Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I wish I could turn stuff into Skittles like the guy in the tv advert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sing, I love singing but I can't do it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I wish I could lie to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

66ad wrote: »
    Dance

Bingo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

To be able to talk plenty bull pretending to know everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'd love to be fluent in a few languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Cunnilingus.
    Telepathy.
    Telekinesis.

In that order.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

The ability to recognise the gobshi**s that are going to screw me BEFORE I do work for them that then ends up not being paid for.

The ability to be able to say NO to some people, and mean it.

The ability to be really able to make a difference to some of the situations that life keeps throwing at us.

The ability to recognise the many people in professional bodies like architects, solicitors, bankers and high ranking state officials that are not operating in my interest BEFORE they screw me.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I'd like to be a good singer. Women love a good singer.
    Instead, I sound like someone stood on a cat.

I sound like the cat you just stepped on!

I'd love to be able to play soccer with some degree of skill. People say practice makes perfect, but I'm practising a long time now with no great improvement. I still enjoy it though.

I love languages, if I could make the time I'd buy a whole library of Rosetta Stone DVD's as I seem to have a natural ability for languages that I feel I haven't fully explored.

I'd also love to be able to play more musical instruments, I find music and playing music incredibly theraputic. I can play classical piano and I'm always envious of people who can play some of the more modern pop music. I keep meaning to make time to learn how to play guitar, I often listen to acoustic versions of songs on YouTube and wish I could play those songs.

Art, I'd love to be able to create a piece of work that inspires people, instead of the Simpsonesque style character drawings I've done since childhood. I can only draw carricatures, I can't do portraits.

I'd love to be able to make more time for my photography and video work.

It's difficult to keep up with fast moving trends in technology and computer science but I'd love to have more time to learn more programming languages, and perhaps get more into mobile platform development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

id like to be a polyglot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

So many,

Singing,
    Playing any musical instrument
    Basic social interaction
    Dress sense
    Maths
    English
    Typing

To name a few

I play guitar, piano and funnily enough I have a degree in...Maths & English. Want to attend my seminar? It also doubles as a typing workshop.

Myself, I would love to have "perpetual charisma", I suppose like always being in the zone. Sometimes in life when you meet people, you're not at your best and you'd give a bad impression or not come off the way you'd hoped. The ability to avoid that would be great, it would help you to maximise all potential opportunities that could come your way.

Advertisement