Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A4 Recall

Options
  • 24-10-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,673 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed this on my Facebook Feed. Wonder if they were hoping it wouldn't be noticed that much. Posted 17.27, on a Friday of a Bank Holiday Weekend....

Statement on Behalf of Audi Ireland – Ref: A4 Recall
    24 October 2014 at 17:27

Friday, 24 October 2014

Audi Ireland confirms that is it recalling the Audi vehicle models A4 Saloon, A4 Avant and A4 allroad manufactured between November 2011 and mid-October 2014 for a software update for the airbag control unit. 2,740 vehicles are being recalled in Ireland.

This is a precautionary safety measure taken by Audi worldwide (except North America).

During in-house tests and simulations which are part of continuous product monitoring, it was discovered that in very rare instances, it is possible that the front airbags will not inflate correctly in the event of an accident. The rectification process will involve a software update in the airbag control unit. It is important to note that no cases have been reported by customers.

Audi Ireland is currently proactively contacting customers who purchased a model in this range during this period. Those affected are asked to make an appointment with an authorised Audi Dealer so that work can be performed promptly. See www.audi.ie for a list of all authorised Audi Dealers.

The authorised Audi Dealer will perform a software update for the airbag control unit. This will take approximately 30 minutes. This update will be performed free of charge.

Customers can continue to drive their cars until the software update is carried out.

The safety of its customers and the reliability of its models are paramount for Audi and Audi constantly monitors the quality of its products. Audi greatly regrets and apologises for the inconvenience caused by the visit to the workshop.

Any Audi customer who has a query about whether their car is affected can contact 1850 812 760 or email audicustomerservice@audi.ie

That's going to effect a lot of cars. I think November 2011 was when the facelift went in to production.

Glad I won't be getting all the recall notices next week - our guys in service will be busy :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mmmm, I wonder does this indicate a wider recall across the VAG range. I'd imagine that air bag control module is used in more than just the A4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Thanks for the heads up ROR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

Maybe it's a sneaky way of getting cars in for more work.

Like was said above , vw should be following the same line.

AFAIK vw check for software updates with their services.

Bejubby wrote: »

AFAIK vw check for software updates with their services.

What franchises don't ?

Advertisement