Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record burner running time.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

No, not when not working correctly, and how would you know unless regular calibration

fair enough...i'm not qualified to say as i've never fitted one

i presumed they were a simple device that would operate reliably within reasonable tolerances without the need for regular calibration

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Glad I found this thread as I was about to post something similar. I've been looking into how to put a meter on central heating in a holiday home. I like the sound of the run meter from RS which shows how long the burner is actually on. I had been looking at fitting a coin meter set to come on for a certain length of time but then that wouldn't take into account how long the burner is actually on for. Problem is a shared house with one sibling out of three using up the majority of the oil which is jointly paid for. Is there an option of a coin meter based on the used time from a run meter?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

In case anybody is interested, here is the sort of data that can be gotten from installing one of these counters.

329243.jpg

Cost per hour column is wrong, the rest look OK. I will work on it and see if I can get it right, though that column isn't very important, as the "% time burner run" gives similar information.

Got it corrected and replaced the image above.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement