Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloomberg: Coke-Selling Beggars & Punch-Ups Plague Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    27 years living in Dublin and I can honestly say, I haven't ONCE been approached on the street to buy any type of street drug. Compared to Amsterdam, where bearly 1 hour went by without being told by someone 'I can get you coke'.
    "Coke, coke, coca coca coca, e's, e's, e's"

Every fecking night I've ever been out over there! It's mad how they're just strolling down the street, kind of whispering it in people's general direction. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Well I am a Dub and I have to say the standards that a lot seem to have for their own capital city (you can see it in the robotic defense reply of Dubs in this thread and other threads) is extremely low if they really think that Dublin city center passes as remotely acceptable for any city center in Europe.

Because it isn't and stop saying it is because everyone knows it isn't.

And it will only change when these people stop blindly defending the indefensible and start calling for improvement from gardai, the justice system and the planners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It's not defending the indefensible, and it's not blind loyalty to the capital either. It's simply pointing out that Dublin's problems are common to most other cities in Europe and are part of a general decline in (anti)social behaviour. It's dead easy to not see the dealers, coke-heads, prostitutes, Roma beggars and every other kind of lowlife when you first arrive in a new town - even easier if you're with a "special person" or a gang of football fans. But try walking the streets on your own and looking out for this kind of thing and you'll see it everywhere.

A few weeks ago, I took a French woman on a walking tour of late-Saturday-night Dublin and the worst thing she had to say about it was "it's like a giant open-air nightclub" - people out having fun. The only people out on a Saturday night in my local county town in rural France are junkies, lads looking for bins (or cars) to burn and guys sleeping rough.

Advertisement