Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Valuation

Options
  • 23-10-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, I'm contemplating selling a PC I built last April. I just wanted to run it by you guys to get an idea of what I might get for it.

Case - Fractal Design Define R4, black pearl, windowed
    PSU - Corsair RM550
    CPU - i5-4670k (currently OC'ed to 4.4GHz)
    GPU - Asus GTX 760, 2gb ram
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance, 8gb low profile (1x8gb)
    Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Hero
    Storage - Samsung Evo 840 250GB SSD. 500GB WD blue HDD
    CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 412S
    Additional Miscs - Corsair AF140 LED (red), Corsair SP120 on the CPU cooler in place of stock.
    OS - Windows 8.1

Hopefully haven't forgotten anything. I still have the original packaging etc for everything as well as anything that came with the individual components.

I paid around €1100-€1200 all in. I had a figure of €700-900 in mind as far as value goes, probably a bit optimistic. I'd rather sell it as one than in pieces.

Any suggestions in terms of value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

700 would be a good deal for someone you knew..

You could get around 900. Might require waiting which is a pain.

Know you paid 1200 for yours. But Built a rig for 1200 recently with an I7 4970K 4ghz , and a gtx 970 for 1200. Rest of parts were not cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

I'm looking at a lot of similar components for an upgrade so have an idea of buying those parts new. Put an even better GPU in that rig and it would be a beast. As is 700 would be a steal. Why don't you put it up on adverts for what you want and gauge interest? People will probably try cannibalise it rather than buy the whole rig though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'd put it up for €900 and look at accepting offers in the €800+ region.

Why are you selling out of interest? If you're looking to upgrade a new GPU is all you would need.

Advertisement