Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled Wiggle Zonda wheel offer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Zonda's - Order placed about 13.10; refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Yeah. :/ same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

dited wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads-up, savage deal.

Thought I'd gotten my hands on a pair but just logged into my Wiggle account and it says the order was cancelled by Wiggle. Should've paid for the priority despatch :rolleyes:

Just had my own order cancelled after getting a actual shipping number , I had actually paid for priority dispatch so it didn't make any difference in the end. I reckon someone in wiggle has made a pricing error.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

did anybody get a Zonda order to go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Ordered a set and got a cancellation email too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pats22b

no luck with the zondas here either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Waaahhhhhh :( refunded as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Just a question..

From a legal/regulation perspective is there no law in place to prevent a seller such as Wiggle cancelling the orders on the Zondas?

As an aside, I was surprised to see Wiggle in the Bargain Alerts-over the last year/18months there prices have become far from competitive, their delivery cost shift of policy irks me and they have also fcuked up my login and account details:mad:

ckeego wrote: »
    Just a question..

From a legal/regulation perspective is there no law in place to prevent a seller such as Wiggle cancelling the orders on the Zondas?

As an aside, I was surprised to see Wiggle in the Bargain Alerts-over the last year/18months there prices have become far from competitive, their delivery cost shift of policy irks me and they have also fcuked up my login and account details:mad:

I was thinking the same thing. Once paid, isn't that a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Just a question..

slap/dash wrote: »

Honestly, don't bother going there.
    This happens from time to time on the Bargains forum. A 1,500 euro PC for 5 euro and it not honoured :?

If you do want to go "there", I believe the next step is a phone call to Joe Duffy.

He loves this sh1t.

• Advertisement

This happens from time to time on the Bargains forum. A 1,500 euro PC for 5 euro and it not honoured :?

If you do want to go "there", I believe the next step is a phone call to Joe Duffy.

He loves this sh1t.

Obviously zero point in going there. Won't be in a hurry to buy from them again nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

They have themselves well covered

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/terms_conditions#termsofservice

Our Contract
    When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. Wiggle retains the right to accept or reject this offer before processing the order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched. A second email will be sent confirming these arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I went there, because there was no reason given with the refund. Asking the question for asking sake. Not expecting any joy or movement from them mind.

He loves this sh1t.

Well...Yes and no..

I saw the Zondas and it was far from a 1500 for 5 euro deal, in all fairness.

As for the "sure let's all run to Joe Duffy or shut up" attitude is (unfortunately) one of the reasons why people get walked over every day and neither say nor do anything about it..

Now, for one minute thinking that Joe would know who Wiggle were..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Plastik wrote: »
    I went there, because there was no reason given with the refund. Asking the question for asking sake. Not expecting any joy or movement from them mind.

Chainreaction did the same to me with Nortwave Celsius winter boots. Normally priced around 170ish I payed 90odd for them in August.

Order went through, got confirmation email but no dispatch email. Logged into account a few days later boots were back in basket at 170.

To good to be true and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

advertised prices are an invitation to treat, a contract is only formed when both parties agree terms.

He loves this sh1t.

Well you are right about one thing...It is sh1t-Advertising a very attractive price, getting a whole lot of orders in before the "deal" disappears and then cancelling all of the orders in the hope that people will say "Ah sure what's another 50 or whatever quid, I'll buy them anyway" is wrong.

Well you are right about one thing...It is sh1t-Advertising a very attractive price, getting a whole lot of orders in before the "deal" disappears and then cancelling all of the orders in the hope that people will say "Ah sure what's another 50 or whatever quid, I'll but them anyway" is wrong.

Someone made a mistake, that you are not going to benefit from.

Someone made a mistake, that you are not going to benefit from.

Nah-At that price it wasn't a mistake;I'd believe it was intentional.:mad:

And Nah, I was never going to benefit from it-I bought my Fulcrum 3's from Merlin last year as a proper deal/bargain:rolleyes:

And Nah, you ain't getting a rise out of me this evening with your barrack room lawyering;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,279 ✭✭✭✭ted1

slap/dash wrote: »

The payment was never processed, online stores only take payments when they are ready to ship. A hold may be out in the card but this is not taking payment. There are also term and conditions that allow for errors in pricing.

• Advertisement

And Nah, you ain't getting a rise out of me this evening with your barrack room lawyering;)

:rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Talking to a work colleague, when he went to his basket the price was different (cheaper). He processed the order and accepted the new price, put in his CC details. Receipt was for the new price, account online still has the new price, CC bill came in at the old price. Wiggle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Fian

Also refunded :(

someone suggested to me that notwithstanding them advertising them as compatible with Shimano/Sram 9/10/11 speed, they actually don't work with them - only with campy?

If that is correct would explain why orders were cancelled. I have no idea but i am sure that if they are compatible with shimano/SRAM someone on here is using them with it. I would assume that they just do two types of hubs depending on which cassette you are going to use, which is why i was asked to select which type i wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

Fian wrote: »

someone suggested to me that notwithstanding them advertising them as compatible with Shimano/Sram 9/10/11 speed, they actually don't work with them - only with campy?

If that is correct would explain why orders were cancelled. I have no idea but i am sure that if they are compatible with shimano/SRAM someone on here is using them with it. I would assume that they just do two types of hubs depending on which cassette you are going to use, which is why i was asked to select which type i wanted.

They can supply the wheels with both types of freehub the info you were given was incorrect.

They are now back up on the wiggle site (sram/shimano compatible) showing as in stock and selling for e338.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Nearly all sites with the Zondas have Shimano and Campag versions.
    So its probably not the issue...
    Fian wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

I reckon someone made a mistake on the pricing on line and this is their way of rectifying the error - by cancelling the orders.

Surely they offered something for sale and they need to be bound to deliver on that when a customer accepted that offer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

dfdream wrote: »
    Nearly all sites with the Zondas have Shimano and Campag versions.
    So its probably not the issue...

Both versions were available, then the Shimano/SRAM ones sold out, hence only the Campy available but the Shimano/SRAM mention in the description I presume.

Either way, they made a mistake with the price, they realised this, cancelled all orders. Now that there system has the stock returned, they are back at the expected price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I bought Shimano Zonda's from swimcyclerun last month and put them on my winter bike. I had a bit of an issue with them on my first spin. Cassette was rattling away merrily all day, even though I'd tightened it. I had noticed when I put it on it and tightened it, it didn't make that ratchety sound that you usually get. Tried tightening it more but it wouldn't stop the cassette rattling - and I did have all the correct spacers on for a ten speed block.

Skinned the bejaysus outta my knuckles removing the thing again and had to launch an extra large spacer inside the block to get it to fit properly. - I dunno if it's an issue peculiar to zonda's or what but the fit is certainly different to all my other wheels - shimano's and mavics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

letape wrote: »
    Surely they offered something for sale and they need to be bound to deliver on that when a customer accepted that offer?
    You didn't accept their offer, you made them an offer and they declined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

letape wrote: »
    Legally that's not the way this is considered. Something on their website is being offered at whatever price it is, the customer completed the purchase on-line which is an acceptance of the offer.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invitation_to_treat

Advertisement