Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your local Garda no longer seem interested? Maybe this is why.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

TallGlass wrote: »
    Are these judges for real? I say it must be hard to land yourself in prison.

Well, he defiantly won't be coming to the attention of the courts or Garda again :rolleyes:

I wouldn't agree that it's hard to land in prison, it happens if ya don't pay your TV licence!!! Beating the life out of someone or breaking bail conditions doesn't qualify though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

It is high time now I think that the GRA instructed it's members not to appear in cases where some of these people that class themselves as judges are sitting.

The judicial system in this country needs a good kick in the arse.

Here again tonight I see what appears to have been an attempted tiger kidnapping in Longford, reports have stated that there had been a pursuit and a Garda car crashed into the what I suppose is the criminals means of escape.......then I hear that GSOC are investigating. .....what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Yet again the courts have failed our police force.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/travellers-jailed-for-attack-on-garda%C3%AD-at-halting-site-1.1982351

And where the hell is armed response in Dublin,ERU should be for terror incidents or dealing with armed standoffs,What's needed in Dublin is 6 ASU'S on 24/7.

I always assumed that Gardai only went onto halting sites in large numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

kub wrote: »

Why did you assume that? It would make day to day policing in certain areas quite difficult.

• Advertisement

bravestar wrote: »
    Why did you assume that? It would make day to day policing in certain areas quite difficult.

Based on a few conversations i have had with serving Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Went into haulting site in industrial estate with a bus when 2 sh1ts shot out 2 windows and ran back in.

They were in shock and nobody knew what to do but apologise as they didnt wand gardai called.

Based on a few conversations i have had with serving Gardai.

Well Gardai go in on a regular basis without a small army. Alot of it depends on why you are going in and what kind of relationship you have with them. Contrary to popular belief, it's not a suicide mission. That being said, you do have to stay sharp, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

It really does depend on the relationship Gardai have with members of the Travelling Community.

TheNog wrote: »
    It really does depend on the relationship Gardai have with members of the Travelling Community.

Would that not be the other way around?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

TheNog wrote: »

To a certain extent. It's more to do with the individual Gardas relationship with the influential persons in that particular site or family.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,088 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How ridiculous that Gardai should need to have 'a relationship' with someone in order to go onto a halting site.

However...I wonder could 'community service' for ES offenders be scrubbing out cells in a garda station?

To a certain extent. It's more to do with the individual Gardas relationship with the influential persons in that particular site or family.

Spot on. I would go a step further and say it is everything to do with the individual Garda.

foreign wrote: »
    Would that not be the other way around?

I see what I typed there. I should have said the relationship 'between the Gardai and local Travellers'.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more.

looksee wrote: »
    How ridiculous that Gardai should need to have 'a relationship' with someone in order to go onto a halting site.

If you substitute 'relationship' with 'community relations' it doesn't seem that ridiculous. AGS is heavily involved in all aspects of community relations with all types of people, estates etc

Advertisement