Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Mince Pies have arrived!!!

• 21-10-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭ cloudatlas

Bought some mince pies yesterday! Ummm numm numm They should sell them all year round.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭ SarahLil

I love christmas but have never tasted a mince pie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭ Lisha

I saw some for sale last Saturday. I was sooooo tempted but I stayed strong. I just lurve mince pies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

I haven't either. I know I wont like them. I've made plenty of them but I've never eaten one.

I love that they're in the shops though!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭ DundalkDuffman

Lisha wrote: »
    I saw some for sale last Saturday. I was sooooo tempted but I stayed strong. I just lurve mince pies :)

Sing it sister! I force myself to stay off until at least December 1st. It's not easy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

I got 2 boxes from Sainsburys a few weeks ago,they were gorgeous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭ cloudatlas

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I got 2 boxes from Sainsburys a few weeks ago,they were gorgeous :)

Same. I think M&S have the edge though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

I dunno the Sainsburys ones are delicious.
    I opened the 2nd box after dinner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭ leahyl

Dunnes have theirs in now also, must buy their simply better mincemeat if it's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭ hfallada

Forget the mince pies. Lidls German and Italian christmas stuff is amazing. I adore their Stollen and marzipan( I used to hate it until I tried the Lidl one, which is proper German marzipan). Also their Pandoro and Panetonne is made by the same company that all the Italians buy in Italy. I used to work for a shop that sold them in Dublin and they charged twice the price for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭ Raina Screeching Fisherman

Bought some pies in dunnes today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭ OU812

Top tip.

Buy a litre of vanilla ice cream & some mince pies.

Break up mince pies, eat about 15% of the ice cream, mix everything up together & refreeze. Nice surprise to find about March in the freezer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ susanlinda823

I want some too! I need to find a good place to get them around me though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Miss MC.W.

I haven't either! Only tasted my first ever mince pie last Christmas and have to say I reeeally liked them :-)
    This year, I've already started stocking up on them to make sure there's plenty. Yum! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭ hfallada

I want some too! I need to find a good place to get them around me though!!!

The Dunnes butter ones are amazing. I used to find the Dunnes own brand to be ok. But they have upped their game and the butter mince pies are as good as M&S ones

Advertisement