Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Bronntanas [TG4]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

I have to laugh when people talk about creating Celtic Noir. It's as if its a sudden realisation we should create high quality tv shows and nobody in the history of Irish tv thought to do this before

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Panic

Who sings the theme song?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 player2979

guapos wrote: »
    THe second half of episode 2 was very poor, the older brother is really bringing it down with poor acting and the program needs to decide if its a drama or a slapstick comedy.
    If you ask me its the older brother thats keeping the show together!

I've rarely seen a show deteriorate so severely and rapidly.

The first episode and a half were fine. OK, the influences were obvious, but it had a nice refined style, and a relative degree of subtlety.

Then it suddenly decides it wants to be 'black comedy', and becomes this half-assed, unfunny Martin McDonagh-lite monstrosity.

It never recovers from that. The older loser brother suddenly decides he's a comedian, the younger cop becomes cliché-central and don't even start me on that dwarf criminal.

Very disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭deisedude

I've rarely seen a show deteriorate so severely and rapidly.

The first episode and a half were fine. OK, the influences were obvious, but it had a nice refined style, and a relative degree of subtlety.

Then it suddenly decides it wants to be 'black comedy', and becomes this half-assed, unfunny Martin McDonagh-lite monstrosity.

It never recovers from that. The older loser brother suddenly decides he's a comedian, the younger cop becomes cliché-central and don't even start me on that dwarf criminal.

Very disappointing

Agreed, really only sticking with it as there is only an episode left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jaysus, this is as bad as Love/Hate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Well that was pathetic, for something that started so well it was a real disappointment. This was linked with a foreign language oscar? Not a chance.

Id love to know why they felt the need for the "comedy"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'd like to know why the RTE / Film Board boffins think this is Oscar material.

It was truly bizarre. It's like the writers haven't watched any TV drama since about 1975. Only positive was the decent photography.

The final episode clashed with One Million Dubliners on RTE1. Now that was a touch of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yeah, I'm not sure where exactly it went wrong but there was a bizarre tonal shift during the second episode and it never recovered.

If anyone is looking for crime drama done very well, tg4 also makes "Corp agus Anam" and it is of a very high standard. The first season was 4 episodes, which are up on the player and season 2 starts next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for crime drama done very well, tg4 also makes "Corp agus Anam" and it is of a very high standard. The first season was 4 episodes, which are up on the player and season 2 starts next week.

Took you up on this recommendation - thank you - very enjoyable series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement