Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

happy/happiest moments in your life

Options
  • 19-10-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

What are they?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Waking up every day, once you are above ground you shouldn't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

when my sister got married, and the birth of my niece nearly two years later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

The day I had my beautiful baby. I never forget how lucky I am to be his mammy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The day I had my beautiful baby. I never forget how lucky I am to be his mammy:)

U ok bbz ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

U ok bbz ?

Great thanks. And you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

J1 in Santa Barbara when I was 19.Was finished an internship and had saved all my cash so didn't have to work and went all down the west coast,Vegas and then ny and Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

When my son was 8months old he developed meningitis, he was unconscious for a number of days we were warned not to expect too much from him. The day came to take him off the sedative and when he woke up he stared up and cried, he recognized us the best feeling ever and I try remember it every time he sasses us now as a surly 16 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Most of it is (sad as it sounds) being there for major sporting events for teams I support.

-2003: seeing my local club team win the Intermediate Championship and gain promotion to the Senior grade, where they have remained ever since. Was an amazing day.

-2010: Being in Stamford Bridge and seeing Chelsea thrash Wigan 8-0 to lift their latest Premier League title.

-2011/13: Seeing Dublin win the All Ireland Football Final. 2011 was particularly poignant; that was the first win in 16 years and after so much promise and so much potential, the promised land finally delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Summer holidays as a kid, when I was in university studying media (useless course but met great people and had great craic), my year in South America, during the TEFL teaching course I did last year, realising I'm properly in love and loved by someone, quite happy/relieved at the moment now that I'm back in uni and have made the decision to move back to the UK to get some work experience in the area I'm studying and to volunteer and stuff. I now have a clear idea of what it is I want to pursue and that's a nice feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Getting my first full-time paying job.
    Marrying my lovely husband.
    Passing my driving test.
    Buying my first home at 22.

I'm still waiting for the day I'll be able to get permanent employment here. That'll be another happy day! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Apart from the births of my kids I'd have to say the early days of my relationship with my other half. It was one of those summers where the weather always seemed great, I had my first summer job so had a bit of money in my pocket and the only thing we had to worry about was would we go to the pub or the cinema tonight. Carefree days and even better because I was young and in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Seeing one of my closet friends for the first time in 7 months- going adventuring, sunsets, beaches, sandwiches, black books, night drives, climbing to the ledge at the back of the lighthouse and random awesome fun. Get to see him every few months so always good to see him. The last time we hiked up a big hill and because I was feeling particulary happy we ran across the bog to the next hill. Long may we be friends!

Also seeing another close friend after 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

lufties wrote: »
    What are they?
    After you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Getting my degree is among my happiest moments. Never thought I'd ever be able to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I'm only 19 but among my most memorable and happiest memories was our class trip to Paris in 2012. lot of banter ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Most of the big ones I've had have since been undone, but lately my happiest days are ones when everything is 'just right'.
    When family and friends are well and happy, nothing is worrying me, and life just ticks along.
    When I have a good run, get a new pb and/or really enjoy it.
    Having a couple of friends that I can really properly lean on when I need to.

I think as you get older and go through your share of shïtty days, you really appreciate the good ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I remember there was one Summer, I must have been around 11/12, and I would spend nearly everyday in the fields around my house with my neighbours. We'd spend all day playing 52 bonkers, football, rolling down a big hill in a barrel :D and various other games. I just remember they were much simpler times, and I was genuinely happy. One of the lads I'd have been very good friends with growing up, but we have since grown apart. The following year was difficult for me for various reasons and that Summer always stands out in my mind, but nothing lasts forever I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

One of the happiest moments was this Summer when a car almost reversed into me in Tesco. I heard my 6 year old daughter say "**** Sake".

You see she had major surgery for a Cleft Palate in June to help her talk. I was told when she was born that she would never talk or walk. She now walks a little & I can't shut her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

When I got the job offer for the place I'm in now, mostly for the relief getting out of my last one.

I think the first day I had on a recent trip with my boyfriend to Australia, we woke up at 4pm,and just strolled. It was just nice, experiencing the feeling of a weird new country etc.

The day I finished college, matched probably by the day I graduated. Knowing how much work I had put in, how hard I found it, how hard my last year was. It was a mixture of relief and happiness and achievement.

Last night, realising that I might finally be able to get off these anti depressants. Having tried 7 if them, all of them making me worse, bad side effects of some, and worse side effects of coming off them, having reduced the dosage enough to come off with little problem, it's again a relief, but also makes me feel happy.

Then there's many times I've got the warm fuzzy feeling with my boyfriend, but too little things for my poor memory to take on.

Many more I thought of before I started the post but I've forgotten. Plus I have to get ready for work now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Daughters sons been born, granddaughters/son been born, getting marraid getting divorced, all in all my life is quite happy even though I have had a few ups and downs, no complaints here so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

At 18 sitting at a bus stop watching the rain sweep down the Foyle chatting to a girl I was briefly seeing at the time.
    I think its the simple indefinable moments for me, a week or two after that she had broke up with me and I was in the middle of A-levels stressing out :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

lufties wrote: »
    What are they?

I was about three years old. And my parents took me for a picnic. It was in a field beside a strawberry field and a small wood. And I wandered off for a bit. And it was the first time I was ever alone at that age. I could see people in the field over picking berries. I remember feeling so happy.

Seeing my brother for the first time. I remember my mother hid notes for me to find because she was staying in hospital (C section with us both) and finding them. And going with my Dad to see them. I was allowed to hold him. And they were picking names. I suggested one that popped into my head (as if that's his name) and they chose it. I remember him. I remember his christening and being made to sit away from him and my parents. But I got to hold his candle.

I remember helping my parents with home brewery (yeah I know weird) It was my job to roll the tank for about half an hour up and down the garden. For some reason even though it made me feel sick (fumes or smell and also the swishing noise) I still remember it differently. I think I might have actually gotten sick.

Sitting in the wardrobe in the dark with my brother with a flashlight (I don't know what we were doing).

Sleep overs with my friends and not being able to stop laughing. I saw beetlejuice the first time that way.

When I practiced violin more I was part of a student music group. Preforming with them over one summer were some of my happiest memories.

Almost all of Uni. Being part of a folk group there . The lectures, the lecturers the people, the library. On a night out we went to the international bar to see my friend in her band and I did face painting. I dunno why.

Finding out my Dad would be ok. He had prostate cancer and seeing him suffer was awful. But he showed such character. And we all had each other.

My mother drawing with me. Or sometimes just walking with her or going for a drive.

The first time I heard pergolisi's stabat mater.

Being told by a lecturer that he was going to use one of my essays for future students notes. (only happened once!).

Doing a waltz on the street with my friend just for the joy of it.

Getting a better mark on a logic exam than I expected.I literally squealed. Real confidence boost. There was a guy who had helped me study and I think I actually kissed him.

Taking a dance class with my friend before she went back to America.

Graduating. I wasn't ever certain I would or could do a degree so I felt good about it.

Doing my mother's hair. Doing my Grandmothers hair when she couldn't anymore.

Dancing at the sugar club with my then boyfriend.

Sitting in front of a fire with my friend in her living room eating toast.

Any moment full of my own magic :-)

Knine wrote: »
    One of the happiest moments was this Summer when a car almost reversed into me in Tesco. I heard my 6 year old daughter say "**** Sake".

You see she had major surgery for a Cleft Palate in June to help her talk. I was told when she was born that she would never talk or walk. She now walks a little & I can't shut her up.

That's beautiful!

Love this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

My engagement party a few weeks ago. So many great people all in one room having a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

My son walking and talking after having a stroke and being in a coma. We were told he would never do either, now he's flying it :D

Getting married was a pretty sh*tty day (wahey, we won't go into that again!), but being married is amazing. I'm very lucky. The day we got the keys to our house was pretty good too, even though I had f*cked up my ankle in Coppers and was due to go on honeymoon 2 days after :o

I'm the luckiest person in the world, and I'd be the happiest if I didn't suffer with depression!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The thread is going to be filled with stuff about being a parent etc but the happiest memories I have in life are probably from my childhood. When I didn't have a care in the world. Building a fort in the woods and thinking it was an invincible castle. Catching fish off the rocks on the Mediterranean coast and thinking they were the size of a great white. Getting a new belt in Karate and thinking I was like Bruce Lee. Putting on my helmet and cycling down a small hill thinking I was going 100 miles an hour. I hate how complicated life gets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

I'm only 19 but among my most memorable and happiest memories was our class trip to Paris in 2012. lot of banter ensued.

You've many more to come, young laddie/lassie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Hearing the words less than 3 months ago... "Your Cancer Free" - Happiest day of my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

Went on a holiday with my long term girlfriend a few years ago. For anyone who has been in Boston they will be familiar with Newbury St. & just how beautiful that street is when it's snowing. It was a week before Christmas & we wandered up Newbury St. looking in every single window that we passed. The trees lining the street were draped in lights & darkness was just after falling, both of us wrapped up against the cold talking about our future together whilst walking up one of the most beautiful streets in the world. It took us about 3 hours to walk the entire street because when we hit the top we turned around & walked down the opposite footpath & made our way back through Boston common.

I've been all over the world & I've achieved/seen/done some wonderful things but for some reason that day on Newbury St. with that girl that I loved was just magical for me. Sadly we aren't together anymore but I often say to myself that if I was to return there in say 30 years time & walk up that street again 1 week before Christmas in the snow it wouldn't ever be the same as before no matter who I was with.

Advertisement