Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilets are cleaner than shopping trolleys

Options
  • 18-10-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Yes believe it or not, your toilet is cleaner than a shopping trolley. Why, well look at the parents that pick up their kids and put them in the trolley, not in the seat part but the actual main part of the trolly. Now think about where those little feet have just been. Yep thats right, and then all that bacteria and dirt gets onto your food, that you pack then unpack and put in your cupboard/press and fridge. I have not made this up, this is a fact. I put a cardboard box or a plastic box in my trolley then put my food in it, then when I get home I wipe over what I can with a little hot water and disenfectant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

What about the toilets at the shopping centres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

What about the trollies in the toilets?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

public toilets are cleaner than shopping trolleys, crazy or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yes believe it or not, your toilet is cleaner than a shopping trolley. Why, well look at the parents that pick up their kids and put them in the trolley, not in the seat part but the actual main part of the trolly. Now think about where those little feet have just been. Yep thats right, and then all that bacteria and dirt gets onto your food, that you pack then unpack and put in your cupboard/press and fridge. I have not made this up, this is a fact. I put a cardboard box or a plastic box in my trolley then put my food in it, then when I get home I wipe over what I can with a little hot water and disenfectant.

Isn't the food already in packaging though? Have you actually seen the toilets in some shopping centres? They're mank. I've been eating food a long time now, and thanks to a little biological function called an immune system I'm not dead ye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Do you know what the dirtiest thing in your house is? The hand gel dispenser, not the contents, the actual dispenser. You only ever reach for when you hands are encrusted with muck of some kind, and no one ever thinks of wiping it afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

But we'll get arrested if we try and take a dump in a shopping trolly.

The slogan could be though: Don't spend a penny, spend a euro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

You haven't seen my jacks bowl recently then, it was many moons ago when it could be described as porcelain white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

**SHOCK HORROR**

Something that gets cleaned regulary, its cleaner than something that never gets cleaned.

Welcome to the 90s. What a time to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Do you know what the dirtiest thing in your house is? The hand gel dispenser, not the contents, the actual dispenser. You only ever reach for when you hands are encrusted with muck of some kind, and no one ever thinks of wiping it afterwards.

This is only true if you live in the 15th century. :mad:

Modern dispensers are fitted with proximity-sensors so you don't need to actually touch the dispenser for it to dispense the soap/detergent.

Get with the times, backwardsman :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Look at it this way. You touch things with your hands and then touch the trolley. You don't go around touching things with your arse cheeks so they will obviously be cleaner than your hands. Of course a toilet will be cleaner. Have you ever seen someone cleaning a trolley?

catallus wrote: »

Modern dispensers are fitted with proximity-sensors so you don't need to actually touch the dispenser for it to dispense the soap/detergent.

It's the tap you cover with bacteria when you turn it on, then you dispense the hand soap hygienically, then undo the washing by touching the tap again.

We need those taps you can operate with your elbows that they have in scrub rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

I just went for a huge ****e. At least 10 pieces of good solid stool. What about trollies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

But you always wash your hands after touching it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

'Less clean than' does not imply 'filthy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I wash the handwash bottles, you are totally right!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

After what I just did in the toilet, they may have to reexamine their figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I clean my trolley before I return it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I carry a flamethrower and use it on things like trollies, for hygiene an' shiz-nit. It's the only way to be certain-sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

What I can't understand is bread that's sold without a wrapper imagine all the germs on that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Bacteria are everywhere, there's innumerable numbers of them inside you right now. The amount of bacteria that cause harm to healthy people is miniscule there's no need to go over the top with disinfectants. While disinfectants do have their uses, they can produce some fairly nasty by-products, they are designed to kill living organisms after all.

You really just have to laugh at people overreacting to PR driven hype about the health threats caused by bacteria by spraying everything in sight with carcinogenic chemicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Bacteria are everywhere, there's innumerable numbers of them inside you right now. The amount of bacteria that cause harm to healthy people is miniscule there's no need to go over the top with disinfectants. While disinfectants do have their uses, they can produce some fairly nasty by-products, they are designed to kill living organisms after all.

You really just have to laugh at people overreacting to PR driven hype about the health threats caused by bacteria by spraying everything in sight with carcinogenic chemicals.

A marketing strategy to frighten People into buying what is probably overpriced bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Candie wrote: »

We need those taps you can operate with your elbows that they have in scrub rooms.

The fact that we are all still here suggests otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 22,248 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Innumerable indeed? In fact, if you subtract the water by mass, and the bacterial cells, most of you is not human at all. :)

Linkidink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

catallus wrote: »

It's like the Dettol marketing department have hi-jacked the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The most useless product ever invented!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

I'd take my chances with the dirt in the shopping trolley.wiping it with disinfectant has to be worse.the body is much stronger for having the chance to develop immunity.my kids play in the mud,handle animals and push shopping trolleys.they are so much stronger and healthier than those in their classes who live in spotless,sterile houses,and who often have asthma,ear infections etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I just developed an immune system. Much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Isn't all the antibacterial hand wash causing a rise in superbugs

Advertisement