Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco staff tell blind woman to 'get dog out'

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The LGBT community did a kiss-in at another store there recently because two lesbians were asked to leave,

A large group of people with blind dogs should take their dogs for a walk through Tesco, just avoid the butcher counter in case they end up in the burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Obviously not the brightest staff, seeing a blind person and assuming that she was deaf as well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

My wife has a guide dog and I would say that it's a regular enough occurrence that she will be told that dogs aren't allowed. Maybe 1 in 20 times of the 'new' places that she goes into when I'm with her. Usually it's a security guard at the entrance and most of the time it's clear that English isn't their first language.

It's worth noting that many countries don't have laws to allow guide dogs entrance to most areas so it's not entirely surprising that somebody who may not be long in the country is unaware of their special status. 70% of the time when explained there is a quick apology, 20% grudging acquiesence, 5% of the time a manager has to be got and occasionally there will be an outright refusal. I've never come across somebody shouting though.

Leaving aside anything else it's bizarre behaviour to be shouting at any customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

iguana wrote: »
    I have read suggestions that the staff acted as they did not through lack of training but due to a religious stance.

That's what immediately came to mind for me, especially so given the vociferous nature of the staffs protestations.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

kingtiger wrote: »
    wow a €20 voucher

It's actually a £20 voucher. That makes all the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

Clearlier wrote: »
    700% of the time .....

This is painful on many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Seridisand wrote: »
    This is painful on many levels

:eek: Corrected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Murt10

The news comes after hundreds of protesters staged a mass kiss-in in the aisles of a Sainsbury’s store in Brighton on Wednesday. Two gay women had been threatened with ejection and told that a customer found them “disgusting” when they shared a brief kiss.

Annabelle Paige, 22, an English literature student at the University of Sussex has said she was “deeply hurt and upset” when a security guard asked her and her female partner to stop kissing or leave the supermarket.

Sainsbury’s apologised for the incident, by saying “it is clear that Miss Paige and her partner were not behaving inappropriately and we are very sorry that they were treated in this way.”

:

Yes they were behaving inappropriately. Nothing to do with whether they are gay or not.

A supermarket is not the place to snog the face off your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

Murt10 wrote: »
    Yes they were behaving inappropriately. Nothing to do with whether they are gay or not.

A supermarket is not the place to snog the face off your partner.

I gather it was a light peck on the cheek. Not a snogfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Lyger

"she was told "never come back"."
    Seems like total bullsh*t.

Those salacious customer complaints that make the media are always very one-sided. I have absolutely no doubt there's more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Some people are just ignorant

Advertisement