Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teen Feels Bad His Bragging Over Teacher-Threesome Got Them Arrested

Options
  • 16-10-2014 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

The high school junior who allegedly had a threesome with two of his teachers is overcome with guilt after he says his bragging ruined their lives.

The unnamed Louisiana teen, now 17, made the mistake of talking about his sexual conquest with English teachers Rachel Respess, 24, and Shelley Dufresne, 32, and the news soon found its way to school administrators, who informed the police.

His grandfather told the Daily Mail that the boy never thought he was endangering the future and families of the two teachers.

His grandfather said,

"He is really down about it right now. All boys that age want to brag about what they are doing. He didn’t expect it would come to this."

Respess and married mother-of-three Dufresne had sex with the boy at the former’s apartment following a football game on Sept. 12.

They posted $7,000 bonds after being arrested and are currently on unpaid leave as they await trial.

His grandfather added,

"He feels really bad. These women have families and he knows how terrible it is for them. He knows they will never be able to teach again and could very well go to prison.

He just wishes the whole thing had never happened. It’s a shocking thing — a real shock for all of us — when you have teachers who should be educating doing this instead."

Dufresne, the boy’s 11th grade English teacher at Destrehan High School, faces a separate charge for having sex with the teen in an ongoing affair.

She is only allowed to leave her home for mental health counseling, doctors appointments and to attend church.

A hearing has been set for the two teachers on Nov. 17.

They could go to jail for as many as 17-and-a-half years if convicted.

The age of consent is 17 in Louisiana, but the student was 16 at the time and it’s illegal for a teacher to have sex with a student under the age of 20, anyway.

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/teen-feels-bad-bragging-teacher-threesome-arrested/795558/

If this were my son I would be extremely disappointed...

That he went mouthing off about it and fecked it up for himself.

LOL at the English teacher being allowed to leave the house to attend church!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Shelley Dufresne,
    Hopefully her dad left his rock hammer in the cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Hopefully her dad left his rock hammer in the cell.

No flies on you. Didn't pick up on that until you mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

Well the teachers shouldn't have ****ed a kid. Just imagine if the genders were reversed.

"She feels really bad. These men have families and she knows how terrible it is for them. She knows they will never be able to teach again and could very well go to prison." Can you imagine the reaction to that statement from the feminists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just checking we're all cool with that English teacher who ran off to France with his 15 year old student too, and some of the BBC old lads who were involved with underage teens and not younger kids, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

If convicted (why does the article say they did have sex with him, have they already been convicted?) the teachers by definition of law raped them statutorily. They are in a position of trust and abused that trust if found guilty. The boy has nothing to feel sorry for and the teachers deserve what they get should they be found guilty.

When something horrible happens like what is being alleged here then there needs to be action taken. People who abuse trust like that need to be dealt with.

• Advertisement

Mantis1234 wrote: »
    Well the teachers shouldn't have ****ed a kid. Just imagine if the genders were reversed.

"She feels really bad. These men have families and she knows how terrible it is for them. She knows they will never be able to teach again and could very well go to prison." Can you imagine the reaction to that statement from the feminists?

The lad was hardly traumatised about the event. He was bragging about it to his pals. His only regret seems to be that they got in trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lol why would he feel bad that two adults broke the law and their position of trust?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Just checking we're all cool with that English teacher who ran off to France with his 15 year old student too, and some of the BBC old lads who were involved with underage teens and not younger kids, yeah?

Completely different situations. These two women could be facing 17.5 years in jail, whilst it's likely that the 'victim' will be bragging about it long after that. I'm all for equality when dealing with male or female "victims" of statutory, but in this case, it seems like the only real victims were the families. A revocation of the twos teaching licenses would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

The lad was hardly traumatised about the event. He was bragging about it to his pals. His only regret seems to be that they got in trouble.

Way to miss the point.

Lol why would he feel bad that two adults broke the law and their position of trust?

No more threesomes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mantis1234

Well a 16 year old girl having sex with 2 male teachers may not be traumatised by it either, but people's reactions would be completely different.
    Rape is rape, and it has consequences. The teachers are at fault here, they should have known better.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Id say the lad was well up for it and the teachers, although in the wrong, shouldn't be convicted. I could understand them never being able to teach again but prison seems a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

In the end of the day even if the boy wanted it and is not traumatised they still broke the law if convicted.

Think of it this way. A drug dealer breaks the law by selling drugs to someone. Now that person who they sold the drugs to may not be affected negatively by it but the dealer still broke the law and needs to be dealt with.

No more threesomes.

I actually lold. But whatever my position on the teachers, I know this kid will be hailed as a hero and have the reputation of being the guy who had a threesome with his teachers. That alone will probably peak other girls curiousity at college into wondering "what's so special about this guy?...guess it's time to find out"...and from that, I have a feeling this won't be the end of his threesomes lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Sting needs to write a follow up tune for this situation. Don't stand so close to three perhaps?

I actually lold. But whatever my position on the teachers, I know this kid will be hailed as a hero and have the reputation of being the guy who had a threesome with his teachers. That alone will probably peak other girls curiousity at college into wondering "what's so special about this guy?...guess it's time to find out"...and from that, I have a feeling this won't be the end of his threesomes lol.

I reckon similar happened here. The first teacher took a shine to him, then told the other one about how he gave her a good knobbing and she decided that she wanted a shot at the title herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dufresne is hot! That little ****er!

I reckon similar happened here. The first teacher took a shine to him, then told the other one about how he gave her a good knobbing and she decided that she wanted a shot at the title herself.

Imagine being the husband though. Finding out your wife cheated on you with a kid she teaches. Brutal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

<Obligatory south park nice reference >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

The guy must have won the genetic lottery in terms of looks.

• Advertisement

Completely different situations. These two women could be facing 17.5 years in jail, whilst it's likely that the 'victim' will be bragging about it long after that. I'm all for equality when dealing with male or female "victims" of statutory, but in this case, it seems like the only real victims were the families. A revocation of the twos teaching licenses would suffice.
    Male teacher consensually sleeps with 15 year old female student. Female teachers consensually sleep with 16 year old male student. Yep. Completely different...

He got five and a half years, four and a half of which were for sexual activity with the 15 year old. So would you have preferred him to go free like with the women in this story?

Billy86 wrote: »
    Male teacher consensually sleeps with 15 year old female student. Female teachers consensually sleep with 16 year old male student. Yep. Completely different...

He got five and a half year, four and a half of which were for sexual activity with the 15 year old. So would you have preferred him to go free like with the women in this story?

I'm not up to speed on the case in question so I can't offer my opinion.

Imagine being the husband though. Finding out your wife cheated on you with a kid she teaches. Brutal.

Bet she never had a threesome with him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yugi76

I had threesome last weekend, there were a couple of no shows but I had a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

But you did by saying it was a completely different situation.

But you did by saying it was a completely different situation.

It was a different situation. I don't remember the whole ins and outs, but he planned on running away with the girl to a different jurisdiction. That's not offering an opinion. That's stating a fact. I'd have to read up on it to offer a proper opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Somebody once broke into my house while I was there on my own. I chased them back out, and after the locksmith arrived and sorted out the door, I went to bed and slept soundly as a baby. It didn't bother me hugely. I rarely gave it much thought after that except as an amusing anecdote.

That person, though, still committed a crime. They still destroyed some of my property and came into my home with malicious intentions. Many people would have responded to that all very differently, which is fair enough - if it had been my flatmate instead of me, I doubt she'd have ever felt safe living there again.

This kid may not recognise that what was done to him was wrong, but that's why there's an age of consent in the first place, because their judgement isn't considered of an equipped standard to make calls like that. I have no doubt some of the British media paedophiles' victims might not have immediately seen themselves as such either. Heck, the most extreme of domestic violence victims often don't ever recognise it for what it was.

If these two are guilty - if, given the slightly Penthouse Forum-y feel of the scenario he was bragging about - then they should be prosecuted to no less an extent than any other offender guilty of the same crime, regardless of how affected the victim thinks he is or isn't.

He did run away with her, though it was not abduction like was made out in the papers - she ran away with him for a week or so in France. He got a separate one year sentence for that because she also was not old enough to be allowed make that kind of decision.

But he got 4.5 years solely for his sexual activity with 15 year old girl, which was also entirely consensual, just like in the case here. By your logic, he should have got no time for that, or else you are holding a double standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Two sexual predators may go to jail for statutory rape!

What a pity

(That the maximum sentence can't be longer)

I lol'd that the article linked is via daily mail, the paper that keeps on giving.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

If this were my son I would be extremely disappointed...

That he went mouthing off about it and fecked it up for himself.

Aye, it would be great if two adult women in a position of responsibility had sex with your 16 year old kid.

High fives all around.

Advertisement