Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody tried herbalife???

Options
  • 15-10-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm thinking of trying herbalife!! Anybody tried it?? What way does it work?? Thanks 😊😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

It's akin to the slim fast diet of old. You replace two meals a day with a shake essentially. The problem is that when you return to 'normal' eating that you have learned nothing and will probably put the weight all back on again as a result.

Educating yourself and making better choices for those two meals instead of replacing them with a milkshake would lead to far better chances of keeping the weight off long term.

How overweight are you? How is your current food intake? What have you tried before and why did it fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I'm thinking of trying herbalife!! Anybody tried it?? What way does it work?? Thanks 😊😊

It works the same way as eating less does, but instead of not eating as much and saving you money it actually costs you loads.

edit: just FYI its also a reseller scheme so the people pushing it are on commission to sell, so they will tell you its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Don't.

The only thing needed to lose weight is to eat real food, i.e. Unprocessed food with no added ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tinytot1989

I'm currently 9 stone 7 pounds I was 13 stone if have high protein meals 3 a day but I just feel it's doing nothing for me anymore!! I exercise daily and don't pick at food I feel like I need a boost to loose more but I don't seem to be! If anything I feel like I'm gaining it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm currently 9 stone 7 pounds I was 13 stone if have high protein meals 3 a day but I just feel it's doing nothing for me anymore!! I exercise daily and don't pick at food I feel like I need a boost to loose more but I don't seem to be! If anything I feel like I'm gaining it!!

Do you know how much is in what you're eating? Do you weigh and track to get an idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You might need to readjust your calories to match you new lower weight (well done btw). You'd get the same effect by not eating 25% of whats on your dinner plate as those herbalife shakes and it will not cost you a penny.

What sort of exercise do you do, have you included any strength work as thats the best way to drop fat.

Advertisement