Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Irish Whiskey Scandal!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Well that was a waste of my fathers time, helping design a working distillery in Middleton, for them to just go and import the stuff from Czechoslopolska.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

BeerNut wrote: »
    Says Scandinavia here.

I wasn't a million miles wide of the mark then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Just to reaffirm the irishness of the IDL whiskies, I worked on the construction of the expansion in Midleton for 18 months. It's all made from scratch there. The huge pot stills, column stills and tank farms aren't full of water! They do supply plenty other drinks besides their whiskies, possibly these are the imported items being referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lots of distilleries produce gin and vodka by redistilling bought in neutral grain spirit (with botanicals for gin). Some boutique gins are made like this.
    This cannot be done for whisk(e) y

Advertisement