Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**ARGOS GLITCH** 2 For €40 Toys comes to €20!!!

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

Hi, just spotted this on Argos.ie .

All Toys in the 2 for €40 offer are appearing at 2 for €20 at the checkout!!
    The example below, the listed price is €26.99 each but comes to 20 at the checkout!
    Only issue is that it is for store collection only so whether or not it is accepted by the store is to be found out!
    Good Luck!!!

argos.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Will it be honoured though? Im on my way into stephens green shortly to pick up some stuff but im tempted to try this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

Will it be honoured though? Im on my way into stephens green shortly to pick up some stuff but im tempted to try this

I've no idea to be honest, but worth a try if you're heading in there anyway.

crushproof wrote: »
    I've no idea to be honest, but worth a try if you're heading in there anyway.
    Yeah ill give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Surely you just go up to the machine, pay, and then collect?

Five minutes ago I reserved two items but have yet to receive the txt message. It normally comes straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

Not working for me

They fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Five minutes ago I reserved two items but have yet to receive the txt message. It normally comes straight away

same here, no txt yet

works for that product but not others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Got email confirmation with price @ 20 , Wonder will they honour it..

• Advertisement

They fixed it

yup just checked sumthing else

what about my stuff reserved now, but no txt or confirmation

Right, I just reserved the two original items again and they came up for €20 but I tried two different things and they came up for €40

The 2 that came up for €20 were the remote control spiderman car and the remote control dusty
    The 2 that came up for €40 were the dusty remote control plane and the thomas the tank engine tent

i tried the knex stuff and that ended up 2 of them for 20

Im going in now, feck it Ill try it anyway. Going to use that machine to cut out the humans!

I have the emails but no txt

got an email confirmation for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭fdevine

Soarer wrote: »
    Surely you just go up to the machine, pay, and then collect?

The card pay machine should be linked to the store system so although the website glitch is €20 instead of €40 its unlikely to be the same in store. Definitely worth checking though before they cop on a fix it.

fdevine wrote: »
    The card pay machine should be linked to the store system so although the website glitch is €20 instead of €40 its unlikely to be the same in store. Definitely worth checking though before they cop on a fix it.
    But do you not just put the reservation code into the machine and print off your docket?

i reserved 2 of the helicopters and got a reservation number. now what to do with 2 helicopers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

swpb wrote: »
    i reserved 2 of the helicopters and got a reservation number. now what to do with 2 helicopers lol

Are you around Dublin, gonna get 2 of the 4X4s, if you want to swap one each?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Got a helicopter and an R8 Audi for €20 nice one OP!
    Used the self service machine no questions asked!

• Advertisement

I just got the txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

swpb wrote: »

+1 guess I'll have to use them as Christmas presents !! Thanks op

I take it they will honour it considering you walk in type in your reservation number and then go to collect the items?? Cant see there being a problem?

joe316 hi i'm collecting from nutgrove, where abouts are you

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I managed to get 2 different things, toy story figures and cinderella doll or €20. Just went up there and collected them.

Staff were talking over the receipt to the side so they were aware that something had already happened.

Grand by me though, 2 stocking fillers for Christmas for me sprogs sorted.

I just got the txts.

+1
    just came thru :D
    hoping to collect tomoro

hope its ok

thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

I got two reserved for €20, email, texts etc but the kiosk at local Argos showed €40. Cancelled the order and went on about my lunch as usual. Meh. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

I've a code for knex truck and chopper for omni if anyone wants it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

Seems to be fixed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah subtotal 40. Balls. :(

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah subtotal 40. Balls. :(
    It depends on what you order, some matches work some dont. Play around with the items til you get a match for €20:)

Ill be in town in a few minutes so ill report back to say if they honoured it

I actually have two reservation codes for the same items in stephens green if anyone wants one of the codes? Its the spiderman remote control car and the planes remote control dusty that I reserved

Advertisement