Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can borax be bought

Options
  • 13-10-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm in the process of making my own cleaning products and I need borax . Does anyone know where it can be bought in the limerick or Galway area. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Try a chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 glanzamike

Thanks for the help. What kind of quantities can it be got in? And is it expensive. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I'm a pharmacist and I haven't seen borax in 15 years.
    I don't know where you'd get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Labarbapostiza

I'm a pharmacist and I haven't seen borax in 15 years.
    I don't know where you'd get it.

Yeah, I asked a pharmacist for some a few years back - the bloody look I got. Silly argument ensues.

If you're in America you see a lot of it. I believe the story behind its' popular use is a miner, while looking for something else, stumbled on a ginormous borax deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

I don't know anywhere in Galway or Limerick, but goldsmiths use borax as a flux when soldering and there are 2 jewellery suppliers shops in Dublin.

NN enterprises in Templebar http://www.nnenterprises.ie/ NN doesn't seem to have borax on the website, but he sells far more stuff than is listed here.

Philip Dix on the quays http://www.dixequipment.com/search-results/SearchForm?Search=borax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Most decent chemists will be able to order it in for you from their suppliers. Give a ring around and see if they can order it or if they have it in stock. I recently got a 500 gram tub in Cork for €4. It might be cheaper to get it in a wholesalers but I can't help you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 QueenDisagree

glanzamike wrote: »
    I'm in the process of making my own cleaning products and I need borax . Does anyone know where it can be bought in the limerick or Galway area. Thanks

'Well, in the last few weeks, borox was available in Pharmacies. But now the borox has been unavailable for the pharmacists due to out-selling, and problems at the route of importation. So I think the only option would be to continue searching pharmacies. There are also websites online, that sell borox. I think all borox would be acceptable, powder and liquid? Depends for what cause; they are many children that use borox for 'slime' it's all over the web. Thank you, Miss Disagree.'

Advertisement