Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trousers/jeans/trackies tucked into socks

Options
  • 13-10-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

What is this craze with young fella's tucking their trousers/jeans/trackies into their socks?
    Its not quite as bad as walking around with their a$$ hanging out but still doesn't look that great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's fine if the look is supplemented by a pimp cane and oversized bomber jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It's this new "look like a total scumbag" craze. They're all doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It's the scumbag/knacker sign, surely?

black tracksuit, white socks, bayyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Yeah loving the white socks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They probably mislaid their bicycle clips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The white socks thing has been around as long as I can remember (since the 80's) though then they were worn with black slip ons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Is this craze all over Ireland or just in certain areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I was led to believe it aided shoplifting, drop something down your jocks, doesn't fall out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

Why complain about this? They clearly are well organised, diligent kids. Imagine if they didn't have their socks out over their clothes, they could easily caught on the chain when stealing someone's bike.

• Advertisement

My current Facebook profile is a delightful picture of me with tracksuit bottoms tucked into my socks.

I think it's rather fetching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

thought thias was funny, taken from here: http://www.daft.ie/discussions.daft?dcn%5Bdiscussion_id%5D=76914&dcn%5Bforum_id%5D=4

Skangers

By shinobi at 13:22, Thu March 16 2006, in Social Forum (Dafties)

Dublin has a population of 1,500.000 and at least 30% are certified skangers with the numbers still growing. I have spent several years studying this fascinating species and can now confirm that there are two distinct groups of skanger in Dublin, the natural chavs and the wannabe chavs and my detailed study is outlined below.

Firstly, the Skangers in Dublin are genetically "superior" to both humans and other Irish "shams" in that they can reproduce at five times the rate of lesser beings. The average pregnancy lasts less than six months and through a rigorous diet of Lidl frozen food and smoking, a skanger is capable of producing a litter of up to 18 young during their 45-year lifetime.

Skanger offspring are capable of breeding from the age of 10 and as most females don't reach menopausal age, skangers are effectively baby machines from cradle to grave. The race is evolving at such a rate that some young are even born wearing jewellery and sporting Celtic shirts. It is law in Dublin for every skanger to have at least 6 tattoos and for females, this MUST include one on the small of the back which is usually their name spelled out in Chinese writing. This is handy in the unlikely event that said skangette gets lost in the back streets of Beijing, because at least the locals will know that the urchin in their midst is named Sharon, unless of course the tattoo really just says "scum".

Like domestic pigs, the skangette comes in both standard farmyard and pot-bellied forms and the male skanger bafflingly finds the latter more attractive and insists that his partner wears tight-fitting and revealing outfits which accentuate her "curves".

Similar to pandas with bamboo, the skangettes have a staple food source that they simply couldn't live without and this is a local delicacy referred to as "batter burgers". The great potato famine of 1985 all but wiped out the skangers. Dead and dying Sinn Fein supporters lay writhing in the streets like the final scene from "28 Days Later". This led to the launching of "Skanger Aid" which is now largely forgotten by the public as it ran at the same time as "Live Aid". It carried the slogan "Your donation will be enough to keep a family of 12 in cider and fags for a whole week". It was a huge success and the few survivors quickly bred the numbers back up to previous levels.

The second strain of skanger in Dublin is the young, middle class scally that although born a human being and from a well-to-do family, yearns to be accepted by the burgeoning scum that pour from some of the less salubrious parts of town. These half-breed skangs penetrate the leafy suburbs that normal scallies would only enter when lost on their way back from the chippy. They have jobs and money of their own and parents who provide them with their every skanger need. They bear all the characteristics of your type 1 skanger - clothing, jewellery, aggression, etc they just have more money and better teeth. The centre of their social world is a bar near the top of O’Connell Street which shall remain nameless. Inside is a confusing mass of horizontal stripes from the obligatory Celtic shirts and tracksuits.

I feel that an active program of sterilisation would give us a winning advantage and this could be achieved by a blanket covering of microwave radiation over known skanger hotspots or the simple spiking of the citys chip supply. Together we can win this war, so people of Dublin unite and rid
    the streets of this stripy menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

As already said, it's hardly a craze, been a staple ensemble for the boyo's for as long as I can remember.

Along with Nike Air, greasy fringes, hoods up, knacker taches, soverign rings and boxing glove necklaces bought from Argos, sticking their manky fingers in their mouths to whistle, eating nothing but chips and battered sausages, drinking Tuborg, reading the Daily Star, smoking Jonny blue (or Amber Leaf now with the high cost of pre-rolled cigarettes), having one Michael Guiney's suit (perhaps "slightly irregular") for the court appearances...

Nowt new.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

At least it's not happening with pyjama bottoms....

Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

padd b1975 wrote: »
    At least it's not happening with pyjama bottoms....

Yet.

Its only the wimminz I've ever seen out in the Jim jams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

KungPao wrote: »
    As already said, it's hardly a craze, been a staple ensemble for the boyo's for as long as I can remember.

Along with Nike Air, greasy fringes, hoods up, knacker taches, soverign rings and boxing glove necklaces bought from Argos, sticking their manky fingers in my their mouths to whistle, eating nothing but chips and battered sausages, drinking Tuborg, reading the Daily Star, smoking Jonny blue (or Amber Leaf now with the high cost of pre-rolled cigarettes), having one Michael Guiney's suit (perhaps "slightly irregular") for the court appearances...

Nowt new.

Stock mode of transport- a robbed mountain bike painted black, propelled by pedalling furiously in a very low gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ruu wrote: »

I remember the first time I saw that pic and thought wtf?
    I go to Limerick at least once a week and thankfully have never met these type of gentlemen. Would they bate me if I laughed in their faces?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Why does anyone care how anyone else dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Because terrified students.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I don't particularly care. It's handy to be able to spot the scobe though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Stock mode of transport- a robbed mountain bike painted black, propelled by pedalling furiously in a very low gear.

While performing the world's longest wheelie through traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Because it's Ireland... if we can't begrudge people you'd better believe we will find a way to look down our nose at them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Chucken wrote: »
    I remember the first time I saw that pic and thought wtf?
    I go to Limerick at least once a week and thankfully have never met these type of gentlemen. Would they bate me if I laughed in their faces?

A jolly good spanking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Re that PIC. Good god. Muppets.
    What's going on with the two people on the left.are they fighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I worked in Dublin 1 a while ago, had never seen this business of people going outside in their Jammies. Until this one day, in work, this woman walks in in her Jammies and a pair of ugg boots.

I worked with this girl from coolock, and was like "did you see the lady that wasn't even dressed?!" And she was like "yer ih wuz me maa". Mortified for myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

hadepsx wrote: »
    What's going on with the two people on the left.are they fighting

It's Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Saves the ends on the good trackies from getting frayed, how ghastly the 3 stripes would be if they got dragged along the ground, very common that would be.
    think this was a new craze maybe eight nine years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I hate the word trackies.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Chucken wrote: »

they would for sure...they'd give you a master bating..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

White socks with grey trackies tucked in, blue runners and a bright blue jacket. Usual warning signs to put your phone away before disembarking a tram on the red luas line.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement