Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Ballyhoura Trails MTB Spin - Next one 16th Nov

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Likely early start as we all have kids, new kids, kids due etc.. :)

or combo's of these..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bennymul & Career_move in

That's 6 chains to the gang.. Gonna be fun :D

If bringing a bike double check brakes, components and tyres!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is it ok if I leave the Beast number attached to the bike?

AKW wrote: »
    Is it ok if I leave the Beast number attached to the bike?

in other words, i f%^ked my bike in the corner after the beast and i'm not going to be bothered my ar$e checking it until i throw it in the van sunday morning..

a noble approach, one i am taking myself, given my mtb has been sitting in the corner untouched in 7 or 8 months

Sure the daddy of the group will have a bike stand, track pump and hip holsters of spray oils ready to inspect and adjust each bike regardless of how spanking clean they look.

• Advertisement

AKW wrote: »
    Sure the daddy of the group will have a bike stand, track pump and hip holsters of spray oils ready to inspect and adjust each bike regardless of how spanking clean they look.
    Damn straight! If your bike falls apart up the mountain good luck!

My own is sporting the beast number too which I'm leaving on. I may remove the spiders and their homes before the weekend

I'll have tools and tubes too (not 29ers tho Kate)!

OK 9am at the Ballyhoura trail centre on Sunday.

Just in case anyone else wants to join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

i'll join ye, probably need stabilizers as i havent been on the bike in so long:D

Dilbert in too.

Should be a fun gang :)

Folks in case you haven't been here before you will need a few € for the car park. Alternatively you could park down at Ardpatrick church and cycle the 3km up to the trail head

Car pool from Limerick? Can fit a heap of bikes and gear into my van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Enjoy folks!!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Enduro

Have the craic lads!

And remember.... Flow!

Epic weather for an epic spin!

w-6-390x285.png
    Some intense rainfall will occur at times from Friday through to Sunday night.
    Southern and western counties, especially the coastal and mountainous areas, will get intense rainfall at times over short periods.
    “Overall rainfall through the period could range from 60 to 90mm in these southern and western coastal counties.”
    The warning covers southern and western coastal counties, and lasts from midday today until Sunday night.

Bring your raingear* (if you have any) and warm change of clothes.

*I know of thress little buggies who will be nice and dry ;)

..and a rear mudgaurd.

Gloves for grip.

Trails will be even more fun after the soaking they will have had :D

Car/Van pool might be an idea

..and a rear mudgaurd.

Gloves for grip.

Trails will be even more fun after the soaking they will be getting :D

Car/Van pool might be an idea

Sorry present tense will apply while we are there!! ;)

We are going to get p1ssed on, a right proper biblically speaking, Noah's Ark type affair...

It'll be BRILL!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

What in hell have I signed up for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭deandean

heads up for those of you going to ballyhoura next sunday, i was there today in pi$$ing rain but it was still great craic.

the white trail is very good. It is about 31 kilometres long. There are 2 technical sections off this trail that have berms, jumps, rock fields etc. mighty good mtb-ing.

Have fun.

Do the new tech loops take you off the white and put you back onto the white?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭deandean

Do the new tech loops take you off the white and put you back onto the white?
    Yea, they are well signed and you come back onto the white trail.
    The white trail plus tech loops took us 3.5 hours in a gale and heavy rain and we weren't hanging around.
    we're gonna do another trail today.

the rockhopper is primed. took a while to find the shockpump for the air shock on the fork, but it's ready now.

nice evening, hopefully the morning the same. looking forward to ballyh now, given i used be there at least once a week before i bought a road bike, and now haven't been there in a year, it'll be good to get back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I had a great time this morning. Nice to meet all the boardsies new and old. It was fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Really enjoyed that. Thanks for letting me tag along - hope I didn't slow ye down too much. Back and legs are wrecked now!

Very enjoyable, nice to meet everyone, ankle wrapped in ice after my attempts to fly:D hopefully it will be alright in the morning

Pmaldini wrote: »
    Very enjoyable, nice to meet everyone, ankle wrapped in ice after my attempts to fly:D hopefully it will be alright in the morning

twasn't the flying that was your problem, it was the landing.

great time today, thanks all. nice to meet the new faces

Knee wrapped in ice. Existing war wound woken up but really enjoyed the spin. Bust a gut hanging in with the "I'm not bike fit" triathletes. Try, I'm not fit, on for size! Not my sharpest spin with 2 weeks of wacky sleep but loved the asddiution of the 2 tech loops. Adrenalin rush & Fun!! Scary and downright funny at times, particularly the "jumps" :eek: and AKWs but crusher moment :D

Great to meet the gang. Looking forward to next one already :)

Anyone else worse for wear after the MTB today? I sat on the bike just to cycle the 40m to the shed, my arse! Shoulders stiff, elbow bruised, thigh bruised and looks like I fought a starving tabby, bruised knee...

Will it slow me down on those fun descents next time....hell no! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Nah I'm fine :D

Thought so. You and BTH, all 51kg or whatever of him :cool:

me too, nice easy spin yesterday:)

• Advertisement

Anyone else worse for wear after the MTB today? I sat on the bike just to cycle the 40m to the shed, my arse! Shoulders stiff, elbow bruised, thigh bruised and looks like I fought a starving tabby, bruised knee...

Will it slow me down on those fun descents next time....hell no! :D

Ankle like a balloon now after a days work, have it wrapped in ice again, other parts a bit sore but dont know if thats from the bike or from trying to snuggle up with the rocks:D
    other than that it was a great day yesterday, had a look at that new tech trail we did on youtube, it was 2.4k of hair raising fun.

Advertisement