Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

TSQ wrote: »
    I am looking for zip and lock single beds that convert single into double bed. Failing this, 2x small single beds without the zip feature would do, as I can get around the zip and lock feature by using a mattress topper and adding my own brackets to the bed base. They would have to be 2’6” singles, to convert to a 5’ king Bed, but finding 2’6” adult singles in Ireland seems impossible ( only small beds are for children).

Hi TSQ

We don't do "impossible". We always have 2ft 6in zip n link beds in stock. The Vogue model is our biggest seller You van have the set of bases and mattresses for 599 euro. Nearly all our hotel and B+B customers buy these. Loads of guys on here have them too. You can also get cheaper as well as more expensive ones also.

Bigmickey.ie Team

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi Mickey,

We're looking to get another please and looking for recommendations.

Last time we bought a single bed frame and mattress

Sapphire Pocket 1000 memory

And the double frame and mattress.

Crystal 2000 Gel encapsulated.

Both frames were the manhattan oak with the high back.

Looking to change just the king size mattress, anything orthopedic or something you can recommend?

Thanks very much

Firm or Rock Hard ?

Bigmickey

Hoboo wrote: »
    Hi

Looking for a 2 or 3 seater sofabed please.

Have a few in stock. PM me a number and can WhatsApp pictures on to you.

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Have a few in stock. PM me a number and can WhatsApp pictures on to you.

Bigmickey.ie

You might whatsapp these to me too if possible. Will PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chevyred

Hi,

Looking for a double mattress for my daughter and her boyfriend. My maximum is €500, but ideally, I'd like to spend about €350. Previous customers' comments have mentioned the Hilton 2000/3000, the Vogue and John Lewis. Looking for a good quality mattress, although l'm not sure what type. My daughter is an adult and suffers from eczema, so l imagine memory foam or latex would make her hot and irritate her skin. All advise welcomed.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Chevyred wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a double mattress for my daughter and her boyfriend. My maximum is €500, but ideally, I'd like to spend about €350. Previous customers' comments have mentioned the Hilton 2000/3000, the Vogue and John Lewis. Looking for a good quality mattress, although l'm not sure what type. My daughter is an adult and suffers from eczema, so l imagine memory foam or latex would make her hot and irritate her skin. All advise welcomed.

Thanks.

Hi

Memory foam keeps you warm. Latex keeps you cool. The John Lewis is long gone in double size. We have plenty of others also. The Vogue would still be a very big seller and has a really nice feel to it. It is also twin sided for a longer life span. Are you looking for a mattress to be soft, medium or firm ? The Vogue is only 299euro in double so well within budget.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Just a note to say very satisfied two time customer of BigMickey! Opted for expensive mattresses but still felt like I saved at least 20% versus local stores. Also delivery was very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

cian8 wrote: »
    Just a note to say very satisfied two time customer of BigMickey! Opted for expensive mattresses but still felt like I saved at least 20% versus local stores. Also delivery was very quick.

I agree. Have also purchased twice and really impressed with quality and service. My Dad has a shop down the country that sells furniture so I'm clued in to quality and price, Mickey was able to help much faster than my Dad could have gotten the stuff to me and at a great price. Very happy customer!!

cian8 wrote: »

Delighted to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Caranica wrote: »
    I agree. Have also purchased twice and really impressed with quality and service. My Dad has a shop down the country that sells furniture so I'm clued in to quality and price, Mickey was able to help much faster than my Dad could have gotten the stuff to me and at a great price. Very happy customer!!

Great to hear you are happy with our service. We also supply a small number of shops so feel free to give your dad our number if he is ever stuck for anything.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hey Mickey

I sent a whats app about John Lewis mattress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Firm or Rock Hard ?

Bigmickey

Hi mickey

Firm please .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Spiralcars

Hi, looking for a king size mattress for a new tenant. Can you recommend anything? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marty984

Hi Mickey, looking for a 4ft6 mattress to Cork. I see your Vogue gets a lot of mentions but is it firm? Do you have anything similar in medium/firm please? Prefer high quality under 500euro. Martin.

Hey Mickey

I sent a whats app about John Lewis mattress :)

Apologies. I just messaged you to give you a delivery date.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie Team

Spiralcars wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a king size mattress for a new tenant. Can you recommend anything? Thanks.

Hi Spiralcars

Depends on budget.

Tabby (all foam) 249 euro

Vogue Ortho (medium/ Firm) 349 euro

2 in 1. Rock hard on one side but softer when flipped over 599 euro (have an ex display model in perfect condition that we are selling off for 399 euro first come basis)

Many Many others also.

Bigmickey.ie Team

Marty984 wrote: »
    Hi Mickey, looking for a 4ft6 mattress to Cork. I see your Vogue gets a lot of mentions but is it firm? Do you have anything similar in medium/firm please? Prefer high quality under 500euro. Martin.

Hi Marty984

There must be a shortage of mattresses in Cork currently. That's what we are hearing. Even have shops from Cork ordering from us. The Vogue is a medium firm mattress. If you want higher quality then have a look at the Diamond 2000. It's a bit over your budget but give a call if interested and we will see what we can do. 086 8356888

Bigmickey.ie Team

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi mickey

Firm please .

Depends on budget but the Diamond 2000 is still our biggest seller. Price is 699 euro. Give me an idea on budget and I will post a few for you.

Bigmickey.ie Team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are you open today? Or on Sundays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »

TEMPORARY OPENING HOURS DUE TO COVID 19

Monday: Closed (By Appointment)
    Tuesday: Closed (By Appointment)
    Wednesday 10am – 6pm
    Thursday: 10am – 8pm
    Friday: 10am – 6pm
    Saturday: 10am – 5pm
    Sunday: Closed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Depends on budget but the Diamond 2000 is still our biggest seller. Price is 699 euro. Give me an idea on budget and I will post a few for you.

Bigmickey.ie Team

hi Mickey - sent you a PM there - thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Looking for a Kingsize mattress. 2 that seem like the right fit from above are the Vogue and the Hilton 3000. Is there much difference between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Looking for a Kingsize mattress. 2 that seem like the right fit from above are the Vogue and the Hilton 3000. Is there much difference between them?

Plus 1 mickey would love to know different prices on options for above for my own new build.
    Also looking for a 4"6 double for spare bedroom, doesnt have to be as high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mighty original king size.

Do ye stock this, if yes, please PM me a price.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

I'm kitting out three bedrooms from scratch with new furniture so my budget is very tight. Still, don't want to have nice rooms with uncomfortable beds.

For the mattresses could you advise on:

A 4.0 for a teenager
    2 x 4.6 for spare rooms, used a few times a year?

Don't know much about mattress "tech" but pocket-sprung with/without memory foam seem popular.
    Thanks.

Bawnmore wrote: »

Hi

The Hilton 3000 is a twin sided pocket sprung mattress. Currently discounted by 200 euro to the most similar model that we stock. The Vogue Ortho is a twin sided Orthopedic model. WE sell large quantities of both. Most of our Hotel and B+B customers buy the Vogue model. The Hilton would be the best value at the moment but not sure how long more the discounted price will last as springs are in short supply with all the manufacturers currently. Most manufacturers are quoting over 8 weeks delivery for even simple models these days. We have shops asking us to sell them beds as they can't get them from their regular suppliers. We have big stocks so not a problem at the moment but all our suppliers are flagging price increases.

Bigmickey Team

Plus 1 mickey would love to know different prices on options for above for my own new build.
    Also looking for a 4"6 double for spare bedroom, doesnt have to be as high quality.

Hi

See above post.

We have budget beds and also a bed called Marlborough. Many of our customers use this model for rental properties and spare rooms. It's a twin sided quilted mattress. We also sell big numbers of these without any issues.

Bigmickey Team

Heighway61 wrote: »
    I'm kitting out three bedrooms from scratch with new furniture so my budget is very tight. Still, don't want to have nice rooms with uncomfortable beds.

For the mattresses could you advise on:

A 4.0 for a teenager
    2 x 4.6 for spare rooms, used a few times a year?

Don't know much about mattress "tech" but pocket-sprung with/without memory foam seem popular.
    Thanks.

WE carry large stocks. We get some transport marked beds from time to time and also some brand new de labelled (shop name removed) mattresses from brands like Silentnight, Rest Assured, Sealy and so on. Give us a shout when ready. 043 3341895 / 086 8356888

Bigmickey Team

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    Mighty original king size.

Do ye stock this, if yes, please PM me a price.

Thanks

Hi

I googled it and it looks like that is a label of Harvey Norman's. it says it has an RRP of 2299 euro and a sale price of 1839 euro. We don't stock any mattress with a price tag like those but I believe we will have better mattresses in stock for half of their sale price.

Here is the spec on it.

Made in Ireland
    Unique dual coil spring system surrounded by Kaytex foam
    Perimeter support unit
    Micro quilted, stretch knit covering with hypo-allergenic materials
    Convenient no-turn feature
    Endorsed by the International Chiropractors Association

Most of our mattresses are twin sided. We sell a couple that are non turn. Something like our Coral 2000 or Crystal 2000 has a similar make up to that HN model. Ours have a full 2000 pocket springs inside . The HN models does not state how many springs are in it

https://bigmickey.ie/product/coral-2000-pocket-memory-encapsulated/

https://bigmickey.ie/product/crystal-2000-pocket-gel-memory-encapsulated/

The only difference between Coral 2000 and Crystal 2000 is the Crystal 2000 has a layer of gel that gives a cooling effect. Price is only 799 euro for king size delivered and in stock. All of these are on display in our Longford showroom if you wish to try them our. The Eir Code is N39 X028 and office is 043 3341895 / 043 3345488

Many guys on here have Coral and Crystal so might comment for you.

Bigmickey Team

Advertisement