Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my current diet ok for Insanity?

Options
  • 12-10-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

My current diet usually is

Breakfast 8:15am
    Bowl of cornflakes/weetabix and a banana

Lunch 1:10:pm- 1:40pm

Chicken sandwich. Just chicken mayo and brown bread/ two small slices of brown bread, small tomato, lettuce and mayonaise.

Can of low calorie vegetable soup

Banana

Apple/kiwi

portion of mixed veg

Dinner 6:30pm
    Potatoes
    roast chicken vegetables/ potatoes and beef stew/ chili con carnie with rice

Snack 9:00pm
    3 Biscuits/ Sandwich/ what ever is left over from dinner I have a small portion of it

So I am 6'2 and 190 pounds. My goal is to become more athletic and perhaps burn some body fat while building muscle. What am I doing right/wrong with my current diet? What needs to be changed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Yep, perfect.
    But if you find yourself getting very tired throughout the week or are losing a bit too much weight eat a bit more. If you find that you're not losing weight, maybe cut down on the higher calorie stuff.

With your specific diet and the prior advice, you are in a perfect situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

deadybai wrote: »

Chicken sandwich. Just chicken mayo and brown bread/ two small slices of brown bread, small tomato, lettuce and mayonaise.

Banana

Apple/kiwi

portion of mixed veg

Potatoes

3 Biscuits/ Sandwich/ what ever is left over from dinner I have a small portion of it

So I am 6'2 and 190 pounds. My goal is to become more athletic and perhaps burn some body fat while building muscle. What am I doing right/wrong with my current diet? What needs to be changed?

Have you tried logging in MyFitnessPal to see what you're getting on board on an average day?

Nothing wrong with carbs and you need some for intense training but it looks high in carbs and low on protein
    It's hard to say from just the abive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Not a big fan on my fitness pal but maybe I'll give it another go. I thought my chicken and eggs would be enough for the protein? How much more protein would I need?

Not a big fan on my fitness pal but maybe I'll give it another go. I thought my chicken and eggs would be enough for the protein? How much more protein would I need?

You're looking to lose weight and gain muscle. Do your workouts. If you're not getting the results you want, then worry about macronutrients, then you should look for advice. You're asking a question that makes it seem like you're already set on failure, that's an awful start. Get your head right, don't worry about the diet, get going on the workouts, that's enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's not bad or anything but just thought could do with some more protein. Would want to be a decent chicken fillet sized piece in there though. Didn't see eggs mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Banana

Apple/kiwi

portion of mixed veg

Potatoes

You could replace the cereal, bread and biscuits with a variety of real food.

Bruno26 wrote: »
    You could replace the cereal, bread and biscuits with a variety of real food.

real
    riːl/
    adjective
    actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

cereal, bread and biscuits are real food.

Stop beating around the bush, just tell him to eat a stick of butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

real
    riːl/
    adjective
    actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

cereal, bread and biscuits are real food.

Stop beating around the bush, just tell him to eat a stick of butter.

What is real food? Our answers to that question differ greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Here we go again. You both have different opinions. Accept it.

Yeah bruno, blacktie is right, you're just posting anything to get a reaction from me. It's so obvious. Just leave it. I'm not going to fall for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yeah bruno, blacktie is right, you're just posting anything to get a reaction from me. It's so obvious. Just leave it. I'm not going to fall for it.

You should read Mackie Mackerfaces book about biscuits and why they are causing aids.

You should read Mackie Mackerfaces book about biscuits and why they are causing aids.

HAHAHAHA

You should read this book about why you should only do what people did 100,000 years ago.

WAIT.

They didn't have books 100,000 years ago?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK, I am nipping this in the bud right now.

@Bruno26 - Don't drop in a vague statement like the above & the bite back when challenged about it.

@All - Stay on topic & provide decent advice to the OP, or don't bother posting.

tHB

Edit: PM me if you have an issue with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,754 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Posts deleted.

Next comment on a mod action on-thread gets a 1 week ban.

tHB

Advertisement