Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 Toll Charges

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mech1 wrote: »

I recon quarter of a million per day rolling into the coffers from the M50 alone would sort our economic problems pretty quick.

€252,000 would cover our national debt for about 2 and a half minutes.
    http://www.financedublin.com/debtclock.php

With debt at 123.7% of GDP based on 2013 figures it would take almost 2310 years for The West Link to clear our national debt.

Very basic maths on my part that don't take into account, inflation, conversion rates from US$ to €, additional costs and interest rates.

But its a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

From Blanch to the airport has no toll for me, which I find pleasant. Yet when I have to visit a friend or go to the city centre, I come on at J3 and get off at J4, not even a kilometer if you ask me, and I pay full fare. So its fair enough already if you ask me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

think it cost €600m to buy the damn thing "back" so it will be a long time before it starts making a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Use it every day myself, and reckon they should stick a second toll on it somewhere around J13 and move the north-side one closer to the airport (maybe by one junction, so between 5&6 instead of between 6&7), halve the fees at both and they'll still have roughly the same take, but it will be fairer.

The road is a god send really, I live in Finglas and work in Leopardstown, and the journey is approx 25mins at 715am, and the same back at 4pm - if I was to go the other way, either through town, or through the park, I'd at least double that journey time.

It was a nightmare last week with the burning hay though, bleedin farmers shouldn't have been on it in the first place though.
    they payed toards it, so they should be

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement