Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO Carb dinner

Options
  • 09-10-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everyone,

I have just started a diet where I can only eat carbs for breakfast and lunch. I must eat no carbs for dinner.

I have been looking for some no carb ideas but have found nothing.

Can anyone offer me some advise?

Regards.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I dont mean to sound smart, but most dinners that dont consist of a bread base (burger, chicken in breadcrumbs, battered fish etc) can be eaten without carbs. for example I eat spaghetti bolognese (without the spaghetti, does that just make it bolognese???) or chicken curry without any rice etc. Im not sure by no carbs do you mean certain veg are restricted due to their make up (with the exception of potatoes and rice), or can you bulk up the meal with more veg or stir fry as a substiture for carbs. Things like a beef / chicken stir fry are quick to make and you dont to add noodles or carbs to add to them. Likewise steak / chicken breast with some salad, tomato, etc. Im not sure if its birdseye but one company now do frozen vegetables in individual packets, similiar to the boil in a bag rice, these are a quick option to use, they cook I think in 5 minutes. You'd be surprised once you start eating dinners without carbs, you wont miss them in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

You mean absolutely zero carbs?

Some I've had in the past, some with very low carbs.
    Surf and Turf with butter sauce
    Eggs & Ham
    Omelet
    Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese and Avocado

If you mean <5g carbs, then plenty of salads or green veg with pretty much any meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CaptainAhab

Steak cooked with a side of spinach and onions in butter
    Curry with no rice
    Roast chicken with salad including cheese, sundried tomatoes etc
    Homemade burgers with salad cheese, pickles, mustard etc
    Chili without rice but with lots of guacamole (avocado, lime and sour cream)

Those would be some of my main go to dinners - will often swop out the chicken or beef for salmon, mackerel or tuna when I can get it fresh.

In my experience I found that ditching the carbs for breakfasts and lunches benefited me far more than ditching them at dinner - this was because I was mostly eating bread for breakfast and lunch whereas with my dinner it tended to be a more balanced meal anyway.

Advertisement