Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My PC Plan

Options
  • 08-10-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I plan to build a gaming PC. I've always played on ps3 but I really want a good pc to play intense games on like bf4 ect. Before buying everything, I wanted to show my plan to the pros for advice, like if there's a better part for a cheaper price ect.

Here's the plan;
    Intel i5 4690k @ 200

Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case @ 150

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black @ 80

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card @180

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU @ 67

MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard @115

TOTAL- 800

I'd like to bring the price down a good bit. Is there any part you would recommend over the ones i have listed? What do you think of it. Anything important I should know before I build it? From looking at the components I plan to buy, will i be able to play intense games (at high graphics if possible)? Any advice I can get is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Where are you getting your parts.

Personally I'd drop the case down. Bit overkill for that budget.

A nanoxia deep silence about 100. Really good case. Silent cooling its got it. Saves you 50 and really fcuk all compromise.

antec one. 45 Euro. Still a really good case.
    This will save you 100 euro.

Can't really be sure till I know where you are buying from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What exactly is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Also, ditch that 600W PSU. Not needed unless you're going to be adding another GPU down the line, and even then it's probably too much, considering four 980s only pull about 650W from the wall.

As the others have said, overall budget, resolution, parts you have already, games you'll play... oh wait. Fill this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah the case is overkill. It's just a box to put stuff in at the end of the day. I'd downgrade that and put the money saved towards a better GPU like the GTX 970.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ronan998

Where are you getting your parts.

Personally I'd drop the case down. Bit overkill for that budget.

A nanoxia deep silence about 100. Really good case. Silent cooling its got it. Saves you 50 and really fcuk all compromise.

antec one. 45 Euro. Still a really good case.
    This will save you 100 euro.

Can't really be sure till I know where you are buying from.

I plan to get my parts from amazon, I don't really known how else to get them.

I want the case because I really like the design and for future expansions/upgrades. I am considering switching to a mid tower case such as the Carbide Series® 300R Compact PC Gaming Case for around 60 euros.
    If this was the case I would be upgrading to a better graphics card. Possibly one of the new nvidia gtx cards such as the 980 but I need to do a lot more research on that.

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Also, ditch that 600W PSU. Not needed unless you're going to be adding another GPU down the line, and even then it's probably too much, considering four 980s only pull about 650W from the wall.

As the others have said, overall budget, resolution, parts you have already, games you'll play... oh wait. Fill this out.

1. What is your budget? around 600 euros. If needed I guess I could save a bit more and stretch another 50 to 100 euros

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly heavy gaming. Id like to be able to able to play most games at their highest graphics settings with good fps. I understand that sometimes this might not be possible with some very intense games but I'd still like it to perform better than a ps4.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? My brother had a computer a couple of months ago which he spent about 1000 euros on. Unfortunately due to a surge of electricity it died. The insurance company sent back the hard drive and the graphics card because he requested them. We dont know if they work and we dont have any way of really testing them. If they did work that would be great because it was supposedl a really good card wort about 300 euro.

5. Do you need a monitor? No, i have a tv screen that i can use temporarily but in the future when i get enough money I will upgrade.

5a. If yes, what size do you need. N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? I am not sure but it is some form of low HD. I do plan to upgrade.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Credit card

9. When are you purchasing? In about 2 to 4 months

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I live in Tipperary but i don't think I need help building it as my brother is expirienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If it were me i'd go for a cheaper case at ~50-60 euro and put the savings into the GPU, a GTX 970 for ~300 ish.

If it were me i'd go for a cheaper case at ~50-60 euro and put the savings into the GPU, a GTX 970 for ~300 ish.

Can you recommend any?

Advertisement