Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC & upc intrum justitia

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

beauf wrote: »
    Have you checked its not true or have you an objection to the general point.

Calls are recorded
    Once the customer has agreed to purchase the Product the customer is taken through the verification script. This process is recorded and stored.

From http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/phon...cts.247.LE.asp

Recorded calls are used to verify if there is a valid contract
    In two of these recordings it appeared to ComReg that the customers did not fully understand the TPV process and the TPV agents both actively encouraged the customers during the verification process and provided marketing information to the customers

The above is the well know example where TalkTalk got into trouble by changing over customers without the customers consent http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0730.pdf

The same process should be used to make all binding verbal online contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Have you checked its not true or have you an objection to the general point.
    My objection is to you posting links from two foreign sites (one based on Portland, Oregon, USA and the other based in Melbourne, Australia) without in anyway clarifying how the relate to contract law in Ireland. What matters here is the law in Ireland not in either of these foreign jurisdictions with their own legal systems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

My point was the practicality of verbal contracts.
    The problem with verbal contacts, is proving that they exist or didn't exist....

If you want to refute that this does not apply to this situation, or in Irish law, then go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Melendez - thks. I wasn't aware of that. That explains a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

My point was the practicality of verbal contracts.

If you want to refute that this does not apply to this situation, or in Irish law, then go ahead.
    I've no problem with your comment now that you've clarified it properly.

Advertisement