Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1 HD on Sky box

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is the response I got from RTE in February... 2014!
    Sent: 11 February 2014 13:47
    Subject: RE: No RTE One HD on Sky platform

Hi Jonathan,

RTE 1 HD will become available on the Sky platform in the future, but as yet no date has been confirmed.
    Please keep an eye on the Sky website.It will also be widely advertised when the time comes.

Kind Regards,
    RTÉ Information Office

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

mikeym wrote: »
    Quick to increase the prices and send the letters out to notify the increase.

Slow to release RTE1HD.

rte1hd is on saorview and I hardly watch the hd channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

I may be corrected on this but as far as I can remember when the announcement was made it stated that RTE would have to update it's technology or something on that line before RTE ONE HD and the RTE Player were added. So maybe maybe RTE are in the process of updating whatever technology needs updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Just hoping RTE will launch all the remaining digital radio services which will complete the job, plenty of room from 0160 to 0168.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

natashaob6 wrote: »
    I may be corrected on this but as far as I can remember when the announcement was made it stated that RTE would have to update it's technology or something on that line before RTE ONE HD and the RTE Player were added. So maybe maybe RTE are in the process of updating whatever technology needs updating.

First I have heard of that and it's not mentioned on the article on RTE Website.
    RTE Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

ftakeith wrote: »
    rte1hd is on saorview and I hardly watch the hd channel

I dont have Saorview and it would be nice to have Rte1Hd.

I also pay a Tv Licence like everyone else and the channel should be available by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

I dont have Saorview and it would be nice to have Rte1Hd.

I also pay a Tv Licence like everyone else and the channel should be available by now.

you should get saorview/freesat to compliment sky tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

In letter from sky, yes another price increase from dec 1st..it mentions rte player coming soon....

nothing re rte1hd...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

pegasus1 wrote: »
    In letter from sky, yes another price increase from dec 1st..it mentions rte player coming soon....

nothing re rte1hd...

I remember on Catch Up Tv Menu they had Tv3 Logo with "tv3 coming soon" but theres no Rte logo on the Catch Up Tv selection screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I remember on Catch Up Tv Menu they had Tv3 Logo with "tv3 coming soon" but theres no Rte logo on the Catch Up Tv selection screen.

All coming but no exact time frame but did hear end of November for catchup tv mentioned before ....cant understand what takes them so long..

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0904/725719-sky-rte-announce-long-term-partnership/

http://www.independent.ie/business/world/sky-and-rte-sign-channelcontent-partnership-31502572.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

RTE1HD may not launch on SKY until late spring of 2016 due to lack of transponder space, all current transponders are booked in advanced by other operators, told this by my retail satellite dealer. I hope he's talking bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sky had no problem finding transponder space for the HD versions of their channels showing Irish adverts. It's not as if Sky/RTE did not see this coming, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

JDxtra wrote: »
    Sky had no problem finding transponder space for the HD versions of their channels showing Irish adverts. It's not as if Sky/RTE did not see this coming, right? :)

Also TV3 HD, TV3+1 and UTV Ireland SD & HD

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads, particularly when there's a more recent one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement