Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet in my apartment?

Options
  • 07-10-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. I'm living in Abbeyville (a five minute walk from CIT). The ethernet port in my room has been broken since before I moved in so I have no internet. Obviously, I need internet to do studying (plus watch the oul' bit of Netflix, because I need to have some form of entertainment besides clubbing, right?)
    I've asked Susan, the woman in charge of Abbeyville, to fix the ethernet. I've asked her for months now (I moved in in August) yet she refuses to get it fixed. Other people living in my apartment have lived in Abbeyville for several years now. They say that Susan never gets things fixed.
    So, any suggestions on how I can get the internet working again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Hi. I'm living in Abbeyville (a five minute walk from CIT). The ethernet port in my room has been broken since before I moved in so I have no internet. Obviously, I need internet to do studying (plus watch the oul' bit of Netflix, because I need to have some form of entertainment besides clubbing, right?)
    I've asked Susan, the woman in charge of Abbeyville, to fix the ethernet. I've asked her for months now (I moved in in August) yet she refuses to get it fixed. Other people living in my apartment have lived in Abbeyville for several years now. They say that Susan never gets things fixed.
    So, any suggestions on how I can get the internet working again?

I would just keep ringing her every day until the item is resolved.

You signed a contract and I would assume it would have said they have to maintain basic functioning items within the apartment ( heating, electric, broadband ).

Look at your contract, ring her and state what was signed. I'd be annoyed if I were you its mid October now and you would have assignments which need research, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Hello, I had the same problem when I first moved in! You just have to go in and insist on it being fixed, say you have online assignments etc!

Advertisement