Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hughs Bridge Improvements

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

rizzodun wrote: »
    You spelled county wrong..

Jeez, could you imagine if scc did run the country? Greece would get a huge let off.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

You probably need new reading glasses. Btw, there are some good offers in Specsavers atm.:pac:

It's all the 'rubbing my eyes in disbelief' at some of the things the CoCo does that has my eyes the way they are. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

The cabinet meeting in Lissadel can be seen as a reprimand to the CoCo, photo-ops with the owners, nary a CoCo executive or Council member in sight, and with an election in the offing no commitment to or mention of a major infrastructure scheme, ie the N4 upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

The cabinet meeting in Lissadel can be seen as a reprimand to the CoCo, photo-ops with the owners, nary a CoCo executive or Council member in sight, and with an election in the offing no commitment to or mention of a major infrastructure scheme, ie the N4 upgrade.

I was hoping they would have a big job announcement to coincide with Lissadel, there was one alright, but it was for Limerick.... So it's 2 fingers up to Sligo all round..

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I for one would love to see the owners of Lisadell taking over all the works that the CoCo are in charge of. I was at the house when the fair day (or whatever it was called) was on. Much better road quality than anything the council could have one themselves.

Back to the bridge... Did anyone notice the rough tiles they put down on the road side of the barrier next to the footpath on the southbound section of road? What are they thinking with that? The amount of s#it that's going to accumulate anytime it rains, not to mention how dated it's going to look in a couple of years. I'd assume it's to deter pedestians/cyclist from using it but come on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I for one would love to see the owners of Lisadell taking over all the works that the CoCo are in charge of. I was at the house when the fair day (or whatever it was called) was on. Much better road quality than anything the council could have one themselves.

Back to the bridge... Did anyone notice the rough tiles they put down on the road side of the barrier next to the footpath on the southbound section of road? What are they thinking with that? The amount of s#it that's going to accumulate anytime it rains, not to mention how dated it's going to look in a couple of years. I'd assume it's to deter pedestians/cyclist from using it but come on...

I'd say thats preciselythe reason, but surely most would use the pavement or road as both available

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    I'd say thats preciselythe reason, but surely most would use the pavement or road as both available

Youd be surprised - I was driving southbound the other evening and seen 2 idiots walking/balancing on the curb on the wrong side of the railings. One slip or stumble and they were onto the road. Some people's level of ignorance still shocks me :mad:

Advertisement