Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to 'coast' in college??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

No jester, you misunderstand me once again. What I was getting at was that an asshole wouldn't care for others so therefore wouldn't put in the effort unless he believed he's benefit.

If only you put in this much effort into your studies, but you don't see benefit in that now do you?
    You don't seem to care about the taxpayers who are funding your education.
    You wrote 'what' instead of 'want' a while back when you were referring to the 2:1(for the 3rd time). Just a bit tedious to read

Whoosh, did you re-read it?

This seems like another randomly mentioned statement, which is trying to insinuate something?? You clearly don't have anything of substance to say at this point in time. Go along troll, get out!

More information about the University of Limerick grading system can be found on their website.

For specific modules, information on the grading system should have been provided by the lecture during the first class of the semester. If not given or misplaced get in contact with the lecture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Cause is Right

Jester252 wrote: »
    More information about the University of Limerick grading system can be found on their website.

For specific modules, information on the grading system should have been provided by the lecture during the first class of the semester. If not given or misplaced get in contact with the lecture.
    I'm not in UL wise-ass!

If only you put in this much effort into your studies, but you don't see benefit in that now do you?
    seriously?

seriously? Here's what barneystinson wrote on that. You should listen young fellow
    Education is just a step on the road to a career (either related or unrelated to the area of study), for all but the few lucky enough to have the inclination and opportunity to get to spend their lives on a campus. So cheer up guys, all this thread means is that once the OP graduates there'll be one more chump out there slaving and paying taxes to sustain your existences in the coffee-scented ivory towers of academia

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Paying to have essays and reports done is very popular in America, some people even pay/charge $10-20 per page. I asked why people would pay so much and they said that paying a couple of hundred dollars from time to time is pretty insignificant when they're already looking at tens of thousands and sometimes even hundreds of thousands in ddebt and it's pretty true to be honest. We should really count ourselves lucky we don't need to go into serious debt for education for most courses here so I guess you could justify taking out a loan specifically for paying other people to do all your projects and research during your course if you wanted to get a degree but have almost no skill or knowledge on the field. You'd still need to do exams and group projects etc.

I know another guy that went to an I.T and had a way of logging into other peoples student accounts and getting their projects and he'd take a bunch of them and basically create a hybrid of them all and change around the wording to seem like it was completely original work. Yep.

Could probably be better off doing these kinds of things and spend your time networking instead seeing as for a lot of companies it's all about who you know that can get you in the door, sadly.

I know another guy that went to an I.T and had a way of logging into other peoples student accounts and getting their projects and he'd take a bunch of them and basically create a hybrid of them all and change around the wording to seem like it was completely original work. Yep.
    I'm drooling at the thought of that

Whoosh, did you re-read it?
    why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I'm drooling at the thought of that

He was a mutual friend of a friend lol. Also deals and explained it to us all when we were smoking and it sounded so simple I just had to laugh at it and how happy he was about it.

I'm not in UL wise-ass!

Then why are you posting in the UL forum? Why not post in the forum of your own 3rd level college?

I suggest you re-read this.

• Advertisement

seriously? Here's what barneystinson wrote on that. You should listen young fellow

People are paying for your education that you don't care about and want to "coast" through.

Also how can you listen to a written post?

why?

Whoosh.

People are paying for your education that you don't care about and want to "coast" through.

Also how can you listen to a written post?
    It is clearly obvious who is more savvy between the two of us. My post alone has probably changed your point of view. Be grateful and move on, because I eat trolls like you for breakfast!

Whoosh.
    I am not going to go looking in a hay stack for a troll!

It is clearly obvious who is more savvy between the two of us. My post alone has probably changed your point of view. Be grateful and move on, because I eat trolls like you for breakfast!

Your right, your post has changed my point of view. Some people don't deserve the education that they get handed to them.
    I am not going to go looking in a hay stack for a troll!

A troll would be easy to find in a haystack but I understand if you're too lazy to look. However if you don't want to find the troll what will you have to eat for breakfast?

Your right, your post has changed my point of view. Some people don't deserve the education that they get handed to them.
    It's all relative kiddo. And it's "you're", not the 1st time you've learned something from me!
    A troll would be easy to find in a haystack but I understand if you're too lazy to look. However if you don't want to find the troll what will you have to eat for breakfast?
    No, you misunderstand me once again! You asked me to read over my post, presumably because you're claiming there's a mistake. If I was to look for the mistake, it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. And I'd be doing it for you, so therefore I'd be doing it for a troll. I didn't mean to actually look for a troll

It's all relative kiddo. And it's "you're", not the 1st time you've learned something from me!

I was referring to article 42 of the Constitution of Ireland. Your right to an education. Which you made me realise that coasters don't deserve kiddo.
    No, you misunderstand me once again! You asked me to read over my post, presumably because you're claiming there's a mistake. If I was to look for the mistake, it would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. And I'd be doing it for you, so therefore I'd be doing it for a troll. I didn't mean to actually look for a troll

So you never re-read your post? The error is easy to spot if you bother to re-read your post.

But for someone who doesn't want to waste time dealing with a poster who they think is a "troll", you do seem to spend a lot of time dealing with that poster. Maybe if you applied yourself to your education like you do to this thread, you won't need advice on how to scrape through college with no effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I was referring to article 42 of the Constitution of Ireland. Your right to an education. Which you made me realise that coasters don't deserve kiddo.

So you never re-read your post? The error is easy to spot if you bother to re-read your post.

But for someone who doesn't want to waste time dealing with a poster who they think is a "troll", you do seem to spend a lot of time dealing with that poster. Maybe if you applied yourself to your education like you do to this thread, you won't need advice on how to scrape through college with no effort.

You should consider changing your username to clown, or go for something alliterative like condescending clown.

You haven't taken issue with my contribution here but gone after the soft target.

You could probably do with climbing down off your high horse and heed your own advice, by re-reading the OP's posts. It's clear he's not struggling, nor is he coasting; he's looking for advice to make academic life easier and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because you enjoy tearing the arse out of studying your modules doesn't mean people who don't share your academic work ethic are less deserving of an education. From society's point of view, all that matters is what you do with what you've learned, and that doesn't happen in UL, kiddo :rolleyes:

By the way... Do you spend your evenings patrolling UL, and making the same lofty pronouncements to the general student body, in person? You must be popular ;)

You should consider changing your username to clown, or go for something alliterative like condescending clown.

You haven't taken issue with my contribution here but gone after the soft target.

How could I take issue with what you contributed when you contributed nothing kiddo ;)
    You could probably do with climbing down off your high horse and heed your own advice, by re-reading the OP's posts. It's clear he's not struggling, nor is he coasting; he's looking for advice to make academic life easier and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because you enjoy tearing the arse out of studying your modules doesn't mean people who don't share your academic work ethic are less deserving of an education. From society's point of view, all that matters is what you do with what you've learned, and that doesn't happen in UL, kiddo :rolleyes:

He is coasting if he wants to make college easier :rolleyes:

It's hard to do anything with what you learn if you don't learn it property kiddo. The top people in the world, in their fields, are the ones who put in the effort and they are worth more to society than a coaster kiddo.
    By the way... Do you spend your evenings patrolling UL, and making the same lofty pronouncements to the general student body, in person? You must be popular ;)

No, nobody does kiddo. Also re-read this. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

Easily the stupidest argument I have read on Boards, go do some work, everybody is wasting their time here.

• Advertisement

I was referring to article 42 of the Constitution of Ireland. Your right to an education. Which you made me realise that coasters don't deserve kiddo
    it's "you're". you're not fast to learn
    But for someone who doesn't want to waste time dealing with a poster who they think is a "troll", you do seem to spend a lot of time dealing with that poster.
    likewise
    Maybe if you applied yourself to your education like you do to this thread, you won't need advice on how to scrape through college with no effort.
    That's avoiding the original query I pose

He is coasting if he wants to make college easier :rolleyes:

It's hard to do anything with what you learn if you don't learn it property kiddo. The top people in the world, in their fields, are the ones who put in the effort and they are worth more to society than a coaster kiddo.

Yep, trying to win by being a condescending clown :rolleyes:

As for the emboldened part, what are you actually suggesting? Should he be asking for ways to make his studies more difficult?! What kind of a moronic point are you trying to make?

As for the rest of it, what a load of nonsense - apart from very targeted courses like medicine or some science/engineering courses, what you learn in college is often of very little consequence when you get out into the world of employment, the piece of paper you got from the University is simply the key to opening doors to employment, and your success in the job is going to be based on how well you can do the job.

If anything, I'd take a person who coasted to a 2.1 over someone who had to break their bollix to get a first, any day of the week - since they will probably display a greater innate ability in that area than the person whose virtues you extol. I could show you specific instances of this from both of my college experiences, people who have the book smarts and none of the street smarts or interpersonal skills necessary to actually get on in their careers.

And as for the people at the top of their fields, they may put in the work, but all the work in the world won't get you to the top of any discipline if you don't have the talent to match it.

The OP will be just fine, he's clearly got his head screwed on. As for you, I don't know whether you're a student or what in UL, but I'm pretty sure whenever you do venture outside you're in for a rude awakening, kiddo ;);););););););););););)

So my advice, keep hitting up the bank of mammy & daddy, or win yourself a scholarship with your tremendous unquenchable thirst for academic knowledge, because with an attitude like yours in the real world, meh!

it's "you're". you're not fast to learn

You're right to an education :rolleyes:
    likewise

I never called anybody a troll kiddo ;)
    That's avoiding the original query I pose

Still looking for the easy answer or is that too hard?

Yep, trying to win by being a condescending clown :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    As for the emboldened part, what are you actually suggesting? Should he be asking for ways to make his studies more difficult?! What kind of a moronic point are you trying to make?

I never suggested anything, you did kiddo ;)
    As for the rest of it, what a load of nonsense - apart from very targeted courses like medicine or some science/engineering courses, what you learn in college is often of very little consequence when you get out into the world of employment, the piece of paper you got from the University is simply the key to opening doors to employment, and your success in the job is going to be based on how well you can do the job.

You can't do a job well without being able to understand the work and reason behind it kiddo.
    If anything, I'd take a person who coasted to a 2.1 over someone who had to break their bollix to get a first, any day of the week - since they will probably display a greater innate ability in that area than the person whose virtues you extol. I could show you specific instances of this from both of my college experiences, people who have the book smarts and none of the street smarts or interpersonal skills necessary to actually get on in their careers.

So you rather hire someone who won't put in extra work instead do the bare minimum to a low standard. I wonder how long that company will last.
    And as for the people at the top of their fields, they may put in the work, but all the work in the world won't get you to the top of any discipline if you don't have the talent to match it.

Its amazing that many of the most talented people in the world put down hand work and dedication as the reason for their talent. To quote Bruce Lee
    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
    The OP will be just fine, he's clearly got his head screwed on. As for you, I don't know whether you're a student or what in UL, but I'm pretty sure whenever you do venture outside you're in for a rude awakening, kiddo

A rude awaking waits for you kiddo. Why would they hire an so-so coaster when they could hire the hard-working, well educated graduates? ;););););););););););)
    So my advice, keep hitting up the bank of mammy & daddy, or win yourself a scholarship with your tremendous unquenchable thirst for academic knowledge, because with an attitude like yours in the real world, meh!

You know nothing of the real world if you think working hard won't get you anywhere.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I never suggested anything, you did kiddo ;)

You can't do a job well without being able to understand the work and reason behind it kiddo.

So you rather hire someone who won't put in extra work instead do the bare minimum to a low standard. I wonder how long that company will last.

Its amazing that many of the most talented people in the world put down hand work and dedication as the reason for their talent. To quote Bruce Lee
    “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”

A rude awaking waits for you kiddo. Why would they hire an so-so coaster when they could hire the hard-working, well educated graduates? ;););););););););););)

You know nothing of the real world if you think working hard won't get you anywhere.
    And I thought I was a dog with a bone!

And I thought I was a dog with a bone!

I don't think so. To be like a dog with a bone would require effort.

Ah Jester, so much wrong with your posts and your attitude generally.

What are you now, about 23, and still in college getting up on 6 years there?

It'll be quite the dose of reality when mammy/daddy/taxpayers like me stop supporting you and you need to join the real world.

You said you haven't suggested anything - you've done nothing but make suggestions. Suggestions based on your own snobbish, jaundiced view by the way, rather than anything factual - not much of a scientist... (Hint: read the first sentence of the OP - he was asking how to be more efficient, a perfectly reasonable question).

You've made a few fundamental errors in your reasoning, one of which is that coasters somehow half-ass stuff or haven't learned it properly - that's nonsense, coasters CAN coast because they find it relatively easy! That must really wreck your head as you sit there toiling to get it all to come together for you...

And when it comes time to get a job, the coaster will be able to do a solid rounded interview (you know, displaying personality), rather than coming across like some gibbering freak who just stumbled out of the library... and when they get the job, the fact that they coasted in college doesn't mean they're not going to work hard to succeed in a career, again that's quite a leap of logic for you to make as a science postgrad...

From my own experience, the swottiest people that I went to college with, did not go on to have the most successful careers (in the 11 years to date anyway) - the girl who was top of my class works at a supermarket till now, because she just didnt have the personality or self confidence despite her work ethic and academic ability - people who got 2.2's, either through coasting or because that was their academic limit, have gone on to have successful careers through hard work.

Your posting history on boards confirms everything one could need to know about you, you're not a very nice or pleasant individual, you enjoy bickering with people online, and you don't really contribute much; but hey, you're learning loads of really important stuff in UL and if you get enough qualifications someone will probably overlook your personality and employ you...

I know from my own experience that I'm 100% correct in what I've said here. But I can see I'm going nowhere with you because this is the kind of exchange you thrive on, so I'll leave it there, and you can even have the last word. I'm sure it'll involve more condescension and emoticons, as is your wont.

Ah Jester, so much wrong with your posts and your attitude generally.

What are you now, about 23, and still in college getting up on 6 years there?

It'll be quite the dose of reality when mammy/daddy/taxpayers like me stop supporting you and you need to join the real world.

You said you haven't suggested anything - you've done nothing but make suggestions. Suggestions based on your own snobbish, jaundiced view by the way, rather than anything factual - not much of a scientist... (Hint: read the first sentence of the OP - he was asking how to be more efficient, a perfectly reasonable question).

You've made a few fundamental errors in your reasoning, one of which is that coasters somehow half-ass stuff or haven't learned it properly - that's nonsense, coasters CAN coast because they find it relatively easy! That must really wreck your head as you sit there toiling to get it all to come together for you...

And when it comes time to get a job, the coaster will be able to do a solid rounded interview (you know, displaying personality), rather than coming across like some gibbering freak who just stumbled out of the library... and when they get the job, the fact that they coasted in college doesn't mean they're not going to work hard to succeed in a career, again that's quite a leap of logic for you to make as a science postgrad...

From my own experience, the swottiest people that I went to college with, did not go on to have the most successful careers (in the 11 years to date anyway) - the girl who was top of my class works at a supermarket till now, because she just didnt have the personality or self confidence despite her work ethic and academic ability - people who got 2.2's, either through coasting or because that was their academic limit, have gone on to have successful careers through hard work.

Your posting history on boards confirms everything one could need to know about you, you're not a very nice or pleasant individual, you enjoy bickering with people online, and you don't really contribute much; but hey, you're learning loads of really important stuff in UL and if you get enough qualifications someone will probably overlook your personality and employ you...

I know from my own experience that I'm 100% correct in what I've said here. But I can see I'm going nowhere with you because this is the kind of exchange you thrive on, so I'll leave it there, and you can even have the last word. I'm sure it'll involve more condescension and emoticons, as is your wont.

At 12:30 on a Thursday night you posted detailed information regarding myself and my post history on Boards.

Let that sink in.

Always remember that I cause you to waste time, you could have been spending having fun and enjoying yourself, over an online conversation. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

How these people get into college is beyond me......

• Advertisement

pone2012 wrote: »
    How these people get into college is beyond me......
    No it's not. You don't even need half a brain to get into college(maybe a 3rd)! You'd know that if you had half a brain.

Advertisement