Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to change my choice of alcohol berevage

Options
  • 03-10-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys

I am looking for suggestions on a new drink as I have started to work out and change my diet with a view to losing a small bit of weight, especially around the tummy area.

I'm traditionally a beer drinker but will gladly abandon beer completely if anyone can suggest an alternative

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Some sort of premium whiskey?
    Your mates won't go rounds with you and you'll likely drink less @ €20 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Any hard spirit and tonic is what you're looking for if going for the lowest calorie content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

vodka diet coke all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

If you want to stay away from sweeteners, spirits straight or wine is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

If your a beer fan, coors light isnt too bad and its approx half calories of other beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

15 year old lunatic soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

This isn't the best suggestion in the world as one should cut out alcohol altogether.
    However, for people on a low sugar diet, then vodka and slimline tonic or gin and slimline tonic... In moderation...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you having a few drinks occasionally. It makes very little difference what you choose.
    If your drinking a few times a week and having a takeaway after the pub. The choice if drink isn't really the issue here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I have recently swapped a few beers maybe once a week to a few whiskeys, still trying to adjust but sampling the different whiskeys is bloody good fun! All in the name of weight lose( down a stone!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

muboop1 wrote: »
    If your a beer fan, coors light isnt too bad and its approx half calories of other beer.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It's about a third lighter but also contains less alcohol.

It's around 160-170 cals per 500ml. An average 5% lager is about 220-250 cals normally.

I'd take 4 decent 5% beers over 6 Coors Light but if you want quantity over quality its not a bad choice.

As a beer/ale drinker I found drinking spirits with sugar free mixers quite a different experience..

When you eliminate the sugar intake from mixers or beers it's quite a potent alcohol intake and depending on the type of drunk you are it may be worth bearing in mind.

Beer on occasion is fine once you eat sensibly afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am in "losing weight" mode myself and I am getting really afraid of nights out. I am not big drinker, but when I do drink, I feel like I put on double the weight I dropped during all week! And I am not a "chipper raider".

I know a pint is about 250cals and it's scary how it can all add up on night out.

What are your opinions on Bloody Marries? That is something I got in to lately.
    I do go for plain vodka/moonshine with pickle or tomato snack after when in house parties.

Advertisement